Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2008, 14:03   #16
BHPian

All - Thanks for all the responses, I am very happy to see so many supporting people and fellow netizens providing help (I am seriously at ease now)....

- to start with I will get IOC normal diesel tank full as soon as I finish of with the current fill (its about a quarter tank left now) and reset the ICU by disconnecting the battery, but I dont think that the air filter will be clogged since I got it replaced just 1000 km back on my fourth service...thanks Dadu for this advice.

- If still the problem is there I will then visit the dealer and present the high fuel consumption and pollution figures

@invincible - Hi there, have we met before? regarding this problem suddenly I cannot comment because I only realised that my Swift was way too noisy as compared to one of my relative's (whom I met recently) although his odo reading is way more than mine (his 35000; mine 20000)
Old 11th June 2008, 15:34   #17
Team-BHP Support

Check the fuel line, pump for air, ask A.S.S to check and do a bleed if necessary. The pump noise especially for new engines are higher (certain rpms) for new Crdi engines. This settles down a bit once you clock kms, in Rajats case i would rule out this, since engine has clocked 20 k kms.

Change the diesel and then proceed further, even if tank is half full refilling it back with normal diesel would show results if its diesel. Yes premium diesel does gives a more metallic tone from engine in my car also, one of the reason i shifted off shell.
Old 11th June 2008, 15:37   #18
Senior - BHPian

Still no harm in checking just to rule out the possibilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatsingh78 View Post
All - Thanks for all the responses, I am very happy to see so many supporting people and fellow netizens providing help (I am seriously at ease now)....

- to start with I will get IOC normal diesel tank full as soon as I finish of with the current fill (its about a quarter tank left now) and reset the ICU by disconnecting the battery, but I dont think that the air filter will be clogged since I got it replaced just 1000 km back on my fourth service...thanks Dadu for this advice.
Old 16th June 2008, 18:22   #19
BHPian

Took the car to the dealer as they organized a check up camp over the week-end; they took my car, filled all the forms, put a check mark on all check list items even before the actual check started

I told the service advisor about my soaring pollution figures and fuel consumption, first he said that the dealer (one of the biggest in NOIDA) have no pollution checking machine for diesel engines. Then a guy came opened the air filter box and cleaned the air filter. Did all the stupid checks (indicator, horns, low/high beam - this was the electricals' test ) all together it was a complete waste of time. Now why I am discussing this on this thread, I repeated myself to the service advisor. He checked the job card (there is last 2 service history) and said that my air filter has been changed so the fuel efficiency is high and since the engine is burning more fuel its giving a high pollution figure I wanted to bang my head against the nearest wall but the wall nearest to me had a fuse box and I was in no mood to get myself electrocuted.

Now what should I do next, by the way, I have changed to normal diesel and there is no great difference in my original problem of the noisy engine, shall I mail Maruti about this.

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Please go through forum rules and keep a tab on that smile usage please (2 per thread).Thanks.

Last edited by Jaggu : 16th June 2008 at 18:46.
Old 16th June 2008, 18:47   #20
Team-BHP Support

Please find another dealer who is more educated than your current one, someone who has good experience with Diesel swift. Also do drop an email to Maruti.
Old 16th June 2008, 21:25   #21
Senior - BHPian

Rajat, all possible problems have been presented already. How about doing a systematic follow up on those?

And yes, please find a better service centre! I'd recommend Engineer's Service Station, Jor Bagh, or Competent.

Last edited by anupmathur : 16th June 2008 at 21:27.
Old 17th June 2008, 01:17   #22
Senior - BHPian

Rajat bhai, This is scary. How can MASS be so idiotic in ignoring your pointed feedback?

/*sigh* - my kingdom for a perfect dealership. Is there an AutoService for cars?
Old 17th June 2008, 09:01   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Clean the Air Filter.

Hook up to ECU kit and get Maruti A.S.S to check for error codes.
Is it advisable to clean the Air filter of Swift Diesel. When I requested a Maruti service station technician to clean the air filter, he said that the Swift petrol filters can be cleaned but not the diesel ones - reason being that the diesel air filters have some special design and this design will get affected if they are blown. Is this true guys ? When I checked the Swift D owner's manual, it is also indicating that the air filters should just be replaced for diesel model but not cleaned (even during the regular services) and the petrol air filters need to be cleaned during every regular service.

Thanks.
Old 17th June 2008, 09:06   #24
Senior - BHPian

RAjat. Does your car have a RPM meter? If so at what range does your car idle?
Old 17th June 2008, 17:32   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
RAjat. Does your car have a RPM meter? If so at what range does your car idle?
Yes my car does have a RPM meter, and it idles at just below 1000 mark (this rises a bit just above 1000 mark when the AC is turned on)
Old 17th June 2008, 19:05   #26
Team-BHP Support

That is strange. Mine idles at 800 and 900 without and with AC respectively.
Old 17th June 2008, 23:03   #27
Team-BHP Support

@ece2k2: Swift D filter can be cleaned, its a regular paper air filter.
@rajat: eddy is correct, idle will be lower than 1000 even with AC on.
Old 18th June 2008, 22:42   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatsingh78 View Post
Yes my car does have a RPM meter, and it idles at just below 1000 mark (this rises a bit just above 1000 mark when the AC is turned on)
EXACTLY!!!. THats what i wanted to know. Your car is idling higher than normal 800-850 and that is why you are hearing more noise. I'm sure the service centre would solve the issue if you tell them this. I still think it should be the oxygen sensor (if its called the same in diesels too).
Old 18th June 2008, 22:52   #29
Team-BHP Support

Check for any air leak also, on the turbo pipe and air intake plumbing
Old 19th June 2008, 15:19   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
@ece2k2: Swift D filter can be cleaned, its a regular paper air filter.
If this is the case then why don't the MASS clean it while servicing. Neither do the manuals talk of cleaning the air filter. They only talk of replacement after 20K km.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks