Team-BHP - Sx4 ZXI CNG Conversion/ICE Query
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Sx4 ZXI CNG Conversion/ICE Query (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/41299-sx4-zxi-cng-conversion-ice-query.html)

Hi all, this is my first post in TBHP. I ll be brief about my concern:

My monthly commute is around 2500 kms primarily travelling between Delhi and Meerut. I specifically require a SX4 ZXI which I'v booked due to peromal and family reasons.

Cost of petrol is going high and since I am in a touring job, I need to cope up with it. Please advise me with the feasibility of installing the best possible CNG kit.

Priorities are:

Safety, performance, efficiency.

Please tell me:

1. What make/brand/model
2. Price
3. Place of installation and contact details (Want the best fitment)

I am ready to sacrifice the bootspace. Do not want daily trips to the CNG station, so max possible cylinder size required.

Also I need to install an ICE:

Budget = 30k-40k

Preferences: SQ with punchy (not boomy) bass.
Require a HU,amp,sub and components in this budget alongwith damping and cabling.

Waiting for your response.

By the way, I am getting 42k cash discount on the ZXI (Dealer+Corporate)
Is it a good deal?

I dont think it makes good sense to fit a CNG kit in the car. I have spoken to many a Maruti Service Centre personnel & all are of the same opinion that CNG will tend to affect the moving parts of your engine (pistons & rings specifically) & thus the savings will not make sense in the near future.
However Hyundai have recently the Accent with a CNG kit. I guess this could have made better sense for you to put your money as the kit is factory fitted.

any further opinions will be really appreciated

Hi Kumar... You are not looking at any other car for sure? For your driving at 2500 kms a month, a diesel car really suits you...

please buy from rohan or from apra. or marketing times (?)

They will fit CNG and give dealer warranty. Apra has single handedly outfitted nearly 40% + of all CNG wagonR etc in Delhi.

That said, since CNG is in Delhi, you will be constrained. Most regular cars have a 150-200km range on CNG. And with SX4, there'll be good chance that you'd often run out of CNG, or that the wait would pinch (evening post office and then the mayhem traffic to meerut), or pre-office unless your driver can stand in queue mid day.

For the love of God, consider a diesel.

Finally: have to decide between:

1. SX4 ZXI: Spoken with Apra, they said max 14kg cylinder is available. I have heard 60kg cylinders being fitted in SX4. Is it possible?

2. Diesel: Used Elantra CRDI: Has space, power for my needs. Can anybody guide me about its availability in good condition. For how much can I expect it these days?

Thanks

Hi Everybody,
This is my first post on this forum. I plan to convert my SX4 ZXi Oct 2007 to CNG. I have certain querries:-
1. How superior is the 'sequential' kit as compared to the 'closed loop' kits? Do the advantages justify the cost difference (25K) ? I will be driving a max of 1200 km per month.
2. Which are the good 'sequential' kits in the market -with prices?
3. Has anybody heard of a Polish kit called 'Tamona' & if so, is it as good as the Italian kits like Levato? (supposed to be cheaper by 15k).

I'll be grateful if anybody can help me select the best system for my car.

Forget the sequential kits. They are not worth the extra money in terms of power or efficiency. Go for a normal closed loop kit which necessarily includes lambda. Try this out and if the power loss bothers you greatly then install a timing advancer at a later stage. You can also go for a 14kg cylinder. Every little bit more of CNG getting filled helps.

Don't go for any rare brands of kits like Bedini or "tamona" etc. Stick with Lovato, BRC and Landi renzo. Do check if your installer has approval for these kits specifically for the SX4. If this approval isn't there then you will not be able to endorse the kit on your RC.

PS: Do take some time to search around the forum. you'll get all your answers.

Forget the sequential kits. They are not worth the extra money in terms of power or efficiency. Go for a normal closed loop kit which necessarily includes lambda. Try this out and if the power loss bothers you greatly then install a timing advancer at a later stage. You can also go for a 14kg cylinder. Every little bit more of CNG getting filled helps.

Don't go for any rare brands of kits like Bedini or "tamona" etc. Stick with Lovato, BRC and Landi renzo. Do check if your installer has approval for these kits specifically for the SX4. If this approval isn't there then you will not be able to endorse the kit on your RC.

PS: Do take some time to search around the forum. you'll get all your answers.

Hi,

We have been using CNG for quite a few years now, there is a detailed report about my Maruti Suzuki Ritz here on on T-BHP. My advice would be to avoid sequential kits, as one wrong move and your engine goes in for a toss. Do get a lambda and timing advancer installed. Maximum available size of a CNG cylinder is 14 kg's in terms of capacity.

Have a look at these two threads about my car:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...onversion.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ar-report.html

Bumping up an old thread -

I have a May 2010 SX4 ZXi VVT car - would like to get it converted to CNG. Have talked to Apra and they would only fit Sequential Kit stating that it's a BS4 engine and all vehicles post Apr 2010 will be installed sequential kit only. I am stuck with Apra only because of warranty issues .... can someone let me know if I can go ahead and install normal CNG kit (BRC that is ? )
Even if I have to pay 65K for Sequential kit, is it really worth it ?

Bumping an old thread because of fear of getting infraction if I open new thread again.

I hope someone replies to this.

I have a 2010 Dec SX4 ZXI and going to convert to CNG. Have talked to Lovato and Bugatti dealers for sequential kit. Bugatti costs 49K from Dhasmesh Impex in Malad while the Lovato costs 52K from Eco Fuel in Ghatkoper. Malad is closer to my home than Ghatkoper. Is Bugatti kit good compared to Lovato?

i'll prefer Lovato over Bugatti ...moreover since it's sequential then you wont have to run after the dealer for setting every time you get the servicing done - so distance of dealer from home is a one time affair.

I have used Lovato Closed Loop with my spark. No issues at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptaneja (Post 2829123)
i'll prefer Lovato over Bugatti ...moreover since it's sequential then you wont have to run after the dealer for setting every time you get the servicing done - so distance of dealer from home is a one time affair.

Ok. Trying to get the kit fitted this Friday at Eco Fuel, Ghatloper.
Hope all goes well. I have asked them to pick up and drop the car as I will not be able to go there. Hope they do a good job.