Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2010, 07:43   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

This reset is something new. Will try it next time I need to.

Battery reset is common to all new gen cars using drive by wire tech. SX4 and GV have no mechanical connection between accelerator pedal and throttle body. Just electric wires to drive a servo motor.

OT:
Throttle Body Reset - Could it have happened at a place worse than this? http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post1958074
sudev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2010, 21:10   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel.chandra View Post
Hi Folks. I replaced my batter yesterday and had terrible time since the guy who did this did not know about the Drive by Wire. Now my RPM at idle is 500 which sometimes is stalling the vehicle. I am going to reset this immediately and will share my experience again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by avigster View Post
Absolutely true. happenned to my SX4 too. it seems when you disconnect the batterry for more than a few couple of minutes, throttle body is reset & that would essentially cause stalling problems.

I belive it's a common problem with SX4. Why was the batterry disconnected ? it's fairly a couple of minutes job to reset it to what it was before...nothing to worry about!
The problem of low rpm gets rectified automatically after some driving(say 1 hr) once the ECU gets fresh data ; please check and revert
Old 21st July 2010, 22:40   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
The problem of low rpm gets rectified automatically after some driving(say 1 hr) once the ECU gets fresh data ; please check and revert

Not sure about the problem getting rectified automatically after an hour of driving, but for sure it was heck of an easy job to resynch the throttle-body. Unfortunately cant check, sold the car in January!
Old 22nd July 2010, 13:57   #19
BHPian

Ok, Perhaps a bit off topic, but does the new swift have Throttle by wire ? Since it now has the K-Series Engine of Ritz, which has Throttle by wire ( As far as I know).

And if it does, then can we do the same reset procedure as elaborated here?
Old 22nd July 2010, 14:31   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
Im not sure how long this would take, but is a real pain and sometimes dangerous while driving in the City. This happend to me when I took my SX4 to Cars India at Adyar, since rat or some other rodents decided to taste the wires connecting the ABS sensors, and gnawed them off. While fixing this they had removed the battery leads reconected once the wires were fixed. After this at every turning I had to be extremely careful, else the car would stall and steerings lock while turning. Finally took it back in the evening, not sure what was done, but managed to get it fixed.
Old 27th July 2010, 07:25   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

UPDATE: After reading this thread I started wondering if some how my GV's problem could be linked to such a reset.

Problem: The car would take two or three long turns of cranking to start. Every time. Hot or cold. There was no problem with idling speed tick over.

Solution: Followed the procedure described. Key at Ign. Full press of accelerator. Key off. Release accelerator. Wait. Start the car. Starts at first try with normal cranking.

Thanks for the links and bringing this procedure to attention.

Observation: When ever you do ECM reset (by removing battery or this procedure) before starting the engine again switch off all lights and a/c. And above all do not touch the accelerator when cranking the engine. Most of the mechs do not understand the last part and press the accelerator a "wee" bit when cranking the engine. This throws ECM off and results in engine not idling properly.

Also I have seen stickers pasted on the dashboards of new cars which say "Do not press accelerator when starting" Normally this is ignored but is important for fly-by-wire ECM plus throttle body systems.

@allajunaki: AFAIK it should be same procedure. In any case removing battery terminal and reconnecting after some time works.

Last edited by sudev : 27th July 2010 at 07:28.
Old 27th July 2010, 08:58   #22
Senior - BHPian

time for me to try this. will do it today
Old 13th July 2012, 09:33   #23
BHPian

Re: SX4 : Throttle Body Adjustment on drive by wire

I tried this on my SX4 today and it works. The throttle response is so much more better now.
Old 16th October 2023, 20:14   #24

Re: SX4 : Throttle Body Adjustment on drive by wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
I am surprised, does SX4 in india come with Drive-by-wire technology. I thought it was mechanical.
I was always drive by wire starting from the 2007 1st gen. Sx4 and S Cross were 2 of the best product from MSIL till date.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks