Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2010, 22:10   #16
Senior - BHPian

i sprayed WD40 around the wheel thingy (in between the metal body and the wheel) which is connected to the accelerator cable - it has helped to some extent. make sure you place a cloth below the TB to avoid excess oil dripping.

FIAT Petra 1.6 RPM falling down to ZERO-photo0286.jpg

Last edited by planet_rocker : 4th March 2010 at 22:12.
Old 4th March 2010, 22:19   #17
Senior - BHPian

I had the exact same problem in the 1.6 opel corsa. Everytime the clutch was pressed the rpm would fall to 0.Got this fixed . The problem was there was something wrong with the sensor.Costed me 700 rs only.
Old 4th March 2010, 22:48   #18
Senior - BHPian

1.6s behave a bit differently - erratic idles. rpm sticks at 1100-1500 range > falls down to 500 (at time stalls) > pulls itself up from 500 > sticks at 850 and the cycle continues.

the problem is more prominent when the engine is hot = the oily gum becomes more sticky inside the TB.

Last edited by planet_rocker : 4th March 2010 at 22:50.
Old 5th March 2010, 13:22   #19
DRC
BHPian

OK..
Just back from the garage.
Most parts suspected had been cleaned. TB, Manifold, EEC valve etc... I guess the erratic idle issue seems to have gone or may be it is too early to comment.

However, that slight vibration as if the engine is missing a beat is still there. It only happens when in idle and AC off.

Will update as I go. mean while your thoughts please!
Old 5th March 2010, 13:30   #20
Senior - BHPian

can you show us a pic where the soots were present? it will be very helpful.

the minor jerk (single) is present in my car as well but that doesn't happen always (even in a hot engine) while idling.

all the best - keep us updated.
Old 7th March 2010, 00:10   #21
BHPian

Facing similar problems

Dear Mr. Deepgautam,

Let me share some of my experience as I have been suffering from this problem since last six - eight months.

I am / was also facing almost similar problems. RPM was fluctuating between 200 to 3000 rpm, sometimes even zero and car coming to stop. The problem is more pronounced in start-stop traffic when the car moves in first 2nd gear. There is a loss of power under such circumstances, car frequently stalls. However, after sometimes when the car is allowed to cool. the problem vanishes.

I got the throttle body cleaned. No effect. Checked the car on examiner, some errors were there, removed. Problem reoccured.

Got the throttle body replaced as suggested by M/s Elegant motors, Patpadganj (probably the best service centers for FIAT cars). Problem is still persisting. Around a fortnight back, again visited the service centers, the car was examined on scanner, following errors were present: air temp error, water temp error, RPM sensor, potentiometer error.

I am told that ECU is probably faulty because these many sensors can not be faulty simultaneously. I was suggested to replace it. Of late, I found that engine overheat problem is also coming which I was said that it is linked with ECU problem.

I plan to get the ECU replaced next week, but before that, I want to seek opinion of FIAT experts. Even now, I am not 100% sure, whether the problem will be rectified by changing the ECU.
The ECU costs 10000 Rs.
I request experts to give their valuable advice.

Regards

Subodh Kumar
Old 7th March 2010, 00:18   #22
Senior - BHPian

Ecu costs 16k in kol. Injectors could be clogged. Try and use system g with regular fuel - 2 tank fulls. Or get injectors cleaned. Reset the ecu. Unplug the negative terminal of the battery for 30mins. Plug it back.
check fuel filter and air filter.
the last error points to dirty icv / throttle body.

Last edited by GTO : 8th March 2010 at 11:09. Reason: STRICTLY no SMS language please. Corrected.
Old 7th March 2010, 10:52   #23
BHPian

Dear Planet Rocker

I regularlu use system G. Also, 2-3 months back, I used a solution (I am forgetting the name, probably presto - one bottle in full tank), I got the improvement in fuel efficiency, but the problem persisted.

ECU of 1.6 Petra / Palio cost Rs. 10000.

Regards
Old 15th August 2010, 22:09   #24

Hi Deep,
Im facing very similar problem with my Fiat Siena, as you had faced with your petra. The problem only happens when I park my car for some time after I have driven it for a while. Also if I leave the car alone for about half an hour, the problem rectifies itself.

Were you able to solve this problem? If so, could you tell me how? Thanks.
Aninda.
Old 20th July 2015, 17:55   #25

Re: FIAT Petra 1.6 RPM falling down to ZERO

I am having similar problems with my palio 1.6 and none are able to diagnose the issue :(
Old 24th July 2015, 00:12   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
I am having similar problems with my palio 1.6 and none are able to diagnose the issue :(
what is the issue you are facing
Old 24th July 2015, 17:58   #27
DRC
BHPian

Josef, I think you bumped up a 5 year old thread.
If you are referring to the unstable idle and sometime engine stall issue on a Fiat 1.6 petrol, (same as I faced, )issue was traced to the ignition coil. They seem to have a limited life and fail invariably. I had to replace them twice in 10 years of ownership.
DRC is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks