Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2008, 09:47   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Let me clarify this, when you close the passeneger side door, the light stays ON forever OR do they fade out after a delay of 10-15 secs, instead of immediately fading off?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit.jhamb View Post
the cabin stays for 15 sec,and starts to diminish,as against the other cars where it turns off immediately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
CORRECTOMONDO

i think the poster did not wait for long enough for the light to go off

Front Passenger side takes a little longer to go off, thats all.

thread closed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
If you have tried it out with your very own Swift, perhaps the thread could be closed. BUT only when Lambuhere1 confirms that there has been an error of observation on his part!
How can you expect the thread to be closed simply because you have made a statement?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit.jhamb View Post
that was just an addition to jaggu da`s reply.

the thread owner must confirm that the problem has been solved,we should wait till he confirms it
Quote:
Front driver door also will have the same delay, but when you insert the key it will switch off the light without the delay. In case of passenger door this might not happen, though if the driver plonk the key in, then light will dim away.

Just wanted to clarify if this was the case?
Chill out guys. I am not a ROMAN road where it can be threaded anyway its wanted (Quote from Asterix)

Wanted to confirm that the cabin light is working fine when the passenger door is closed, but the time delay is more than 15 sec after the door is closed, close to 25 sec. Any problem fo you guys perceive.

Thanks for all the inputs, help and confirmations from your experiences.

Mods: If no further replies are received with respect to reducing the delay of the light switching off, as suggested, you can kindly close this thread.
Old 25th September 2008, 10:55   #17
Team-BHP Support

Any update on this ?

A friend of mine told me about the exact same thing happening in his Swift.

Lambu: You found out the cause and the solution ?
Old 25th September 2008, 12:58   #18
Team-BHP Support

ill check an post how many seconds it takes, but 25 seconds seemed to be a lil too long. My only guess, the remote lock system is feeding the circuit some unwanted power (maybe be for auto arming) and confusing the system.
Old 25th September 2008, 13:19   #19
BHPian

Jaggu, I know its a bit tooo long, but I wonder why its different from the driver door, or for that matter any other door?

Eddy, when I asked the service advisor, I got the answer "its like that only sir"

Would be very great if a solution can be found to reduce the time lag.

Quote:
ill check an post how many seconds it takes, but 25 seconds seemed to be a lil too long. My only guess, the remote lock system is feeding the circuit some unwanted power (maybe be for auto arming) and confusing the system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Any update on this ?

A friend of mine told me about the exact same thing happening in his Swift.

Lambu: You found out the cause and the solution ?
Old 25th September 2008, 20:19   #20
Team-BHP Support

I checked all 4 doors, its around 15 secs with driver door taking a sec or two longer.

Most probably there is an small leakage through the remote locking which is causing an extended delay in this installation.
Old 25th September 2008, 22:18   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Ping vikram_d. He had/has some issue with his Swift's cabin light as well and might have found a fix.
Old 25th September 2008, 23:07   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hello after a long time Mr. Moderator. What is wrong with my car's cabin lights? They are working perfectly fine. I don't know how long they stay on cause I don't care. The only problem I had with the cabin lights was a loose contact.
Old 26th September 2008, 12:29   #23
BHPian

Hi Lambu, I also checked the timing after seeing the 25 sec delay you have reported. As Jaggu has said, its almost 16 sec for all the doors in my car too. However I feel, if MASS is not able to address this, it is still a minor niggle which we can live with..or is there is any side effects for this?
Old 26th September 2008, 16:26   #24
BHPian

Hey, No side effects to it. Only looking for the solution, else need to live with it

Thanks for all the help. Let me check if its a loose contact anywhere ?
Old 23rd May 2017, 19:22   #25
BHPian

Re: Cabin Light Problem in Swift

I have a issue of cabin lights and boot lights in Fabia, it cuts off in 5 seconds, even the cabin lights with switches (at driver's overhead) cuts off when switches are pressed to on mode.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks