Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2019, 10:35   #16
BHPian

Re: Issue with Alto headlights

Unhappy with the stock lighting of my 2012 Alto K10, I had installed a pair of Philips Xtreme Vision 60/55 W back in 2014. Those were a big improvement and served me well for 5 years until the RHS lamp gave up right after our run to Bhutan early this year. My trusted FNG had replaced that with a Bosch bulb as part of routine service and I hadn't paid much attention until the LHS piece also went kaput while driving one evening. As changing the lamps on the K10 is a simple DIY job, I replaced it with one of the stock bulbs temporarily. That is when I discovered that the Bosch bulb which was installed months back on the RHS is a 100/90 W.

Since no relay was installed and with the LHS HL also to be replaced, I got my FNG to install a wiring kit when the car went in for her oil change last week. I was already satisfied with what the Xtremevisions did for 5 years, lighting up the road ahead in numerous highway runs. The new 100/90 setup seems to be still better. I switch to high beams only to deter HB abusers and for short bursts on highways.

The relay with installation cost me 750 rupees

Issue with Alto headlights-img20191214wa0000.jpg
hothatchaway is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks