Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2005, 12:44   #16
Senior - BHPian

Here we go - another fuel pump / injector problem on the Mondy....

Let us know how you had it sorted out, mate. Were you under warranty? I hope so, because these things can be pretty expensive since Ford sources them all the way from Belgium...

My sympathies - at least 2 on our fleet have had similar issues, but thankfully they were on extended warranty.
Old 6th April 2005, 12:59   #17
BHPian

get yr fuel lines chekd, injectors and filter....... that is the ost commom problems with the modeos...i had same problem with my cousins mondeo.... we checkd everything except the pump.. and finally the pump was the problem.. ti used to work fine when cold but after for some 20 mins it used to stop workin....

Note from the Admin : I recommend reading the board rules before posting. You are not SMS'ing anyone here. Warning level incremented to stage one.
Old 6th April 2005, 15:04   #18
BANNED

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the replies... Well I have a guy come here to check it out from the company... I guess there is no other way than to take it to the garage and get it completely checked.
Get to the bottom of it and get the baby started again.
Well when it had stopped atleast ten times yesterday its somehow started after a few tries and then went dead under my house.
Its the bond that we share... did'nt give till I was home safe. haha!!

Thanks again for all the replies..I will definately expalin what went wrong once I get to know about it with this baby.
Old 6th April 2005, 15:25   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Well when it had stopped atleast ten times yesterday its somehow started after a few tries and then went dead under my house.
If it did run again, then your fuel pump is safe.

A word of advice to everyone else : It is near fatal to have modern cars (electric fuel pumps) run out of petrol. Petrol is the only source of lubrication and cooling to the fuel pump. Dont ever drive around with the fuel indicator near the "E" level.

GTO
Old 6th April 2005, 22:25   #20
Senior - BHPian

[quote=Steeroid

My sympathies - at least 2 on our fleet have had similar issues, but thankfully they were on extended warranty.[/QUOTE]

So who was saying that extended warranties are a waste of money??
Old 7th April 2005, 13:27   #21
BHPian

Had a very similar problem on my Siena1.6 2 weeks back. Engine started stalling after around 100KM of driving. Left it overnight at a friend's place. Next day the Fiat guy came to check and it was working perfect. The mech speculated that the fuel pump has gone bad and it doesnt pump after heating up. Offered to replace for 7K Rs but I refused as he was not sure about the root cause. Next day car got serviced and has been running fine since.

Have any other Siena/Petra owners faced this?
(sorry to take the topic away from Mondeo)
Old 7th April 2005, 13:48   #22
Team-BHP Support

Hypothesis : heat = air lock = fuel starvation = dry running fuel pump = damaged fuel pump

If you note cars start after cooling down - ways around it - an additional fuel pump ?, better insulation of fuel lines, reset fan thermostat to let engine run coller

Do a google on hot starting problems - something might pop up
Old 7th April 2005, 14:07   #23
Team-BHP Support

and a great resource is

.............www.fordmondeo.org
Old 25th September 2006, 03:11   #24
SuperSyn

Why does Ford Mondeo have so many injector and pump problems whereas Honda can make the Accord so reliable?

Old 25th September 2006, 09:51   #25
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The Accord did have its own set of problems initially with the fuel pump. This did leave several owners stranded on the road.

Either ways, its a 1 year old topic. And therefore closed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed