Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2020, 19:22   #16
BHPian

Re: Santro power steering problem & timing belt prob

Apologies in reviving this thread.

I have a 2006 Santro Xing XO (14 years later, absolutely love this, my first car!) that I use as my daily driver. It has only 70K KMs on it, as I was abroad and my dad used it very sparingly. I get it serviced regularly (every 6-8 months as its an older car).

I have some questions that 2 different After-SS are unable to respond to my satisfaction - decided to ask this knowledgeable forum

1. The Power steering is a bit hard these days, especially compared to my other car, a 2017 WagonR auto and more modern cars. Is there a way to reduce the stiffness? (this is a Hydraulic Power steering, I believe)

2. The Driver-side door handle is quite low on the door and I tend to rest my leg at an angle to the door. This hurts my legs as they bump on this handle. Is there a way to remove the door handle or any other way to minimize the issue (in fact, the better question maybe "Is it normal to rest the leg?)

3. The engine seems strained at 80 kmph, even in 5th gear. 100 is pushing it hard. Does age of the engine matter? OR can I try for an Engine Remap?
For the record, I have never pushed the engine hard as I tend to drive conservatively

4. Average city FE has dropped to 8 kmpl. Is this normal or should I re-look at my driving style?

Thanks in advance!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks