Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2008, 21:43   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Yes, burnish can be removed with a thinner or nail polish remover (acetone).

I don't think thinner will affect the car paint. What you can try to do is, that take some thinner on a cloth and apply it to some part of the paint inside the bonnet (or somewhere where it is normally not visible) and scrub it vigorously to check if paint is not affected. Recheck after couple of days and if there is no change, then apply it elsewhere with a cloth. Wipe with water later.
You can use it on the windshield confidently though.
Can I use tarpin ? I tried with thiner it is not removing from the windscreen it is not going ?
What to do ?
Old 8th December 2008, 21:57   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowmya View Post
Can I use tarpin ? I tried with thiner it is not removing from the windscreen it is not going ?
What to do ?
Try acetone. It is quite a universal solvent. maybe let it stay for 30seconds before scrubbing. Not sure about tarpin. Try it in a small area first.
Old 8th December 2008, 21:59   #18
Senior - BHPian

I had similar problem with my car. Later found that guys in next compound paint the steel cupboards and the spray paint settles over my car. Wax polishing did the trick. Will cost you less than Rs.1000.00
Old 8th December 2008, 22:26   #19
BHPian

@ Sowmya : i would suggest just go to the same A** and ask them to do it for you. and then they can wax her as well. you have paid them and should get work done to your satisfaction level.

Last edited by white_vdi : 8th December 2008 at 22:28.
Old 8th December 2008, 23:28   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
@ Sowmya : i would suggest just go to the same A** and ask them to do it for you. and then they can wax her as well. you have paid them and should get work done to your satisfaction level.
Let me see. Tomorrow I will take her to some paint shop. I dont wanna give to Metro Ford as it is a cosmetic issue. They might land up doing some thing else. Any Idea how much I need to shell out.
Old 8th December 2008, 23:34   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Let me see. Tomorrow I will take her to some paint shop. I dont wanna give to Metro Ford as it is a cosmetic issue. They might land up doing some thing else. Any Idea how much I need to shell out.
Take it to the same service centre... Don't pay anything... they caused it and now they have to rectify it... threaten them that you'll write a stern letter to the company if they don't comply! Speak directly to the service centre manager/director.
Old 8th December 2008, 23:36   #22
BHPian

sowmya take her to the same workshop. they should have done this before you noticed this. you dont have to pay for this.
but if you plan to visit some other place then they might charge you a few hundreds for polish.
Old 9th December 2008, 08:45   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

there will be sanding marks because 99% of the workshops rush these jobs. one suggestion: ask them not to wax but give a thorough wash to the car before delivering. you will get to see the true quality of their refinish. most workshops wax it like crazy to hide all the torture they have inflicted on your car.
Old 9th December 2008, 15:28   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
I had similar problem with my car. Later found that guys in next compound paint the steel cupboards and the spray paint settles over my car. Wax polishing did the trick. Will cost you less than Rs.1000.00
I think my problem also same. Next to my car they had a furniture polishing in my apartment. Please can you tell me what treatment exactly I need to do ? The bonnet, roof and some portion of side is completely rough.
Old 9th December 2008, 16:29   #25
BHPian

Sowmya, sorry for adding my woes here: but thought of it since the issue discussed is just the same.

My car also has the same problem. It had undergone some body works a couple of months back including some paint job and this roughness on the bonnet, roof etc developed after that. Windshield also was affected but after repeated wash with glass cleaning solution, it has become much better. However once it rains the vision gets blurred!

I was planning to take it to a different service center (ofcourse I am not at all happy with whatever job the previous service center did) and ask them to do a complete rubbing job for the body. Is that sufficient? What could be the approx. cost for the complete rubbing job? For windshield, any instructions to be passed on? Changing wiper blades are suggested?

Last edited by menonrajesh : 9th December 2008 at 16:30.
Old 9th December 2008, 16:34   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Second last option for windshield after other ways fail: take it to Windshield Experts to buff the glass. I don't know if they are present in all cities though.

last option: change the windshield.

Polishing job varies from Rs.1000 to 5000 depending on machine, hand, what compound you use and to whom you go to for the job.
Old 10th December 2008, 23:37   #27
BHPian

Quote:
I think my problem also same. Next to my car they had a furniture polishing in my apartment. Please can you tell me what treatment exactly I need to do ? The bonnet, roof and some portion of side is completely rough.
I went to a paint shop today. They are telling car has to be rubbed with 0 sand paper. Then it needs to be polished. Will cost 2k. Is this is correct solution ? Please let me know.
Old 11th December 2008, 01:35   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I went to a paint shop today. They are telling car has to be rubbed with 0 sand paper. Then it needs to be polished. Will cost 2k. Is this is correct solution ? Please let me know.
Ya i guess it is the only way out. I would have done it. And anyways, you don't have any other options.
I feel your pain!
Old 11th December 2008, 14:44   #29
BHPian

Sowmya, I guess 2k quoted is for the rubbing and polishing the body alone. What is planned for the Windshield? Could you clean it yourself or the paint shop will be able to do something for it too?
Old 11th December 2008, 17:54   #30
BHPian

Sowmya why are they asking you to pay for it? this is nothing extra that you are demanding of them. when you give your vehicle for paint, you expect a nicely finished car at the end of it.
be strong and give them a piece of your mind. it is their fault and you dont have to pay for it. and then 2k is some amount that wont cost them more than a 100bucks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks