Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2008, 00:52   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tush View Post
Test drive a similar km driven DDIS and compare it with your car torque. If you request MASS they will arrange someone else's car for you to compare.
Initially the engine is new and not that free revving,So the turbo kick's seems much more noticeable.As the lag is felt more. under 2k rpm
Old 13th January 2009, 14:08   #17
BBT
BHPian

I was beginning to feel the same thing with my Vdi.. The turbo "boost" was much more before the first service but I did feel a gradual slow down in the "kick in the rear" feel from the car.. I was attributing this to a dirty air filter and will only be able to confirm this after the 2nd service. I guess the real reason for most of these questions is the fact that you get used to to the turbo - procure another vehicle and drive it for a few kms.. I took my friends' ford fiesta 1.6 for a drive and was really missing the turbo - mind you, the fiesta 1.6 is no slouch but once I got back behind my Vdi's wheel - the turbo suddenly seemed to be serving up a little more juice .
Old 13th January 2009, 23:09   #18
BHPian

Hey BBT we should both try each others Swift that will give us perfect comparison.
Old 15th January 2009, 08:57   #19
BHPian

I own a swift diesel and i have faced a similar issue with the turbo not kicking at 2K RPM , I complained about this during my third service and also during a free check up given by Maruti. I was still not able to feel the surge and wrote to maruti and they directed the workshop folks to check the vehcile.

After the workshop folks inspected it , i could feel the surge and turbo kicking in.Though the kick and surge was not the same as with the new vehicle , i agreed the complaint got resolved and bought the vehcile home.

I was happy the vehicle is much better in pick up and turbo kicks than when i gave it to the work shop.

Couple of things the workshop folks checked was

-Air filter cleaning
-Inter cooler oil deopsits
-Turbo plumbing coupler tightening

The maruti workshop folks doesn't check the above with the regular service .So please inisit on this being checked . The service advisor told me that the problem with the vehcile was because of the oil getting deposited in the intercooler.

i am happy that i get to feel the surge of the turbo , which is probably one of the few reasons i went for the swift diesel .
Old 15th January 2009, 12:40   #20
BHPian

I have am having a similar experience since my last refill. My DDIS has done 1560 kms and I suddenly feel that the push after 2k rpm is missing. I filled premium diesel (Turbojet) from HP bunk when the oil companies were on strike. I have used normal diesel before and now I feel its because of the fuel quality. I will have to wait till I get the next refill.

I got my first service done at 1200 kms and felt no difference till now. Also after the first service I have started driving the way I normally like taking her all the way upto 4.5k rpm (I wonder if thats the reason).

I will keep am eye on this thread.
Old 15th January 2009, 20:22   #21
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep3in View Post
-Inter cooler oil deopsits
I have a feeling maruti should make this procedure standard in every service, it costs only Rs250 or so and makes a lot of difference to the performance.
It is such a great feeling to get that boost wave at 2k. Without that, a lot of the car's character is lost.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks