BANNED

Re: Warranty declined for Front brake Disc worn out in 37 K Kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Have you been braking in corners?

Does the car pull under braking?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Get the calipers checked. If the caliper pistons of the RH side brake are stuck while it is partially out, it will put pressure on the pads leading to wear. If that is the case, your vehicle also should pull to a side on a level stretch since one of the brakes is partially engaged. I cannot think of any other reason for this, since the brake forces are distributed evenly between the front brakes, unless it has ABS. Also what is your car make? Does it have ABS?
My car does pull to left, while driving also while in braking, it has gone 2-3 time to correct that. Its a Hyundai i20 with ABS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
How much more worn is the RH as compared to the LH? If its minor, there's no major cause for concern....

Same applies for tyre wear. Hence the importance of regular tyre rotation.

-----------

If the difference is MAJOR -- check your braking system as your LHS pistons might be jammed etc.
As per the technician LH side pad are good and it doesn't need any replacement. But RH need to be changed as it wont last till next service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Just to check, are you using oversize alloys/tyres?
No. its all stock.
Old 18th March 2011, 10:55   #17
Senior - BHPian

Seems like a brake balance issue to me. May be the ABS controller is pumping out more pressure to the RH side brake. Get the ABS unit and all it's allied accessories checked. My dad's ABS swift also had a similar problem and we found a dent in the hydraulic line going to the front LH wheel. Because of the dent the RH side was getting more braking force than the LH side and consequently the RH side would wear out quicker. So get the all the brake lines also checked.
Old 18th March 2011, 11:37   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
May be the ABS controller is pumping out more pressure to the RH side brake. Get the ABS unit and all it's allied accessories checked.
But under normal braking condition ABS will not come to play is it? or i'm wrong?

if ABS not comes into play in normal condition how will be the brake distribution?
Old 18th March 2011, 12:26   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
But under normal braking condition ABS will not come to play is it? or i'm wrong?

if ABS not comes into play in normal condition how will be the brake distribution?
I guess we are taking about ABS and EBD here. EBD will ensure brake force distribution depending on many factors like load, road grip, car angle etc under normal driving. ABS will come into picture only when wheels are about to lock. So it might be the EBD which is not doing the job properly (chances should be less though). Just my views.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks