Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2009, 00:08   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Such a large damage should not be attempted to get repaired - in the interests of safety/visibility - especially for the front windscreen. Still, go to Windshield Experts for a new windshield. They're top notch, and as with every other accessory (while a windshield is not an accessory), WE offers at cheaper rates than buying from OEM.
Old 5th January 2009, 08:40   #17
Senior - BHPian

Yes, insurance will cover it.
My dad had the same thing happen to his Maruti800 and it was covered (except for some misc charges that were 500 odd rs I guess)
Calculate and see how much you end up paying versus the No Claim Bonus if you have had no other repairs on your car so far and decide which works out cheaper
Go for an authorised service center windshield or Windshield Experts - DO NOT COMPROMISE on quality of the glass for the sake of a few rupees.
Do keep us updated and post pics and costs after repairs.
Old 5th January 2009, 11:53   #18
BHPian

Hi all,
Enquired at both the places. M.A.S.S (Kalyani Motors,Mysore Road) said it would cost about 6.5K for all.Where i need to pay around 1.5K for sealant, moulding. Windshield experts(Rajajinagar branch near ESI hospital power house) said it would cost within 6K where i need to pay around Rs.850 for sealant, moulding and some black strip.

One more info. M.A.S.S would provide saint-gobain glass they said its MGP and WE said they would provide Asahi glass.

What do you suggest guys?

Thanks,
Ramki.
Old 5th January 2009, 11:57   #19
Team-BHP Support

Ramki, i suggest you stick with WE. Asahi glass isnt bad, i believe. Following the installation, make sure there is no wind noise which can be heard when driving. It indicates a poor job with the installation.
Old 5th January 2009, 12:08   #20
BHPian

Would suggest Windshield experts, as Asahi glass is used by the auto makers, Automotive glass manufacturers: automotive glass manufacturers India,glass manufacturers - AIS. for 1150/- not much of a difference.
Saint Gobain or Asahi, like choosing between Pepsi or Coke. as per the Asahi website MUL is their client so their product should also be MGP.
If I were M.A.S.S I would be thinking here is someone without a choice he has to fix the glass, how do I make the max money out of him. And I would be right. But now you have an option WE, I have done my glass from them about a year ago, no problem till date and most important, I see no difference in the earlier company fitted or WE fitted. Just like evry business is right in trying to make more money, every consumer is right in getting the best deal. If you like coke and have to 1150+ over pepsi, both are going to serve the same purpose.
Old 5th January 2009, 15:12   #21
BHPian

Had a similar experience, see this thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...i10+windshield

Would recommend W.E for this. You can get to look at the job being done to your satisfaction and also claim insurance with them, they have a point-man for taking care of insurance claims. For me it worked out a lot less than ***.
Old 6th January 2009, 00:37   #22
BHPian

Go with the choice of everyone, WE.
Old 6th January 2009, 08:50   #23
BHPian

Hi everyone,
Thanks for all the info. Yesterday evening when i called WE they said National Insurance which Maruti has been tied with has not been listed with WE. Thereby, WE said that i need to pay the total amount of 5.8K and in a week they shall provide me a check of the amount from the insurance company! Is this trustable and go with WE? Please advice.

Thanks,
Ramki.
Old 6th January 2009, 08:59   #24
BHPian

In case of a non cashless the refund is done by the insurance company, just like in the good ole days, when there were not innovative and customer oriented companies like W.E. to take care of all the hassle. Most of the private insurance company they forge tie ups as they understand the need to be customer friendly. Get the glass repaired, the rest are trifles.
Old 12th January 2009, 12:19   #25
BHPian

Hi all,
Gave my baby today to Kalyani Motors. Total estimated costs comes to around 8-9K! Not only the Windshield but also the plastic below it needs to be replaced. So i need to pay around 2.5K. Is this OK?
Also i asked about claiming insurance for my back door which is dented (hugely!). They say that i can claim in a week after this process is over. They said I can claim the insurance the second time also but the premium for next year will not increase as of which i paid for this year. Is it true? How many times i can claim insurance like this? I paid around 9K as insurance when i purchased the car and this is my next year and i paid 6.5K (i hadn't claimed any insurance in the first year). Please advice.

thanks,
Ramki.
Old 12th January 2009, 12:34   #26
Team-BHP Support

8-9k and 2.5 out of your own pocket seems a li'l high. Why don't you call up Windshield Experts and get a second opinion ?
Old 12th January 2009, 12:40   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Hi all,
Gave my baby today to Kalyani Motors. Total estimated costs comes to around 8-9K! Not only the Windshield but also the plastic below it needs to be replaced. So i need to pay around 2.5K. Is this OK?
Also i asked about claiming insurance for my back door which is dented (hugely!).
Whoa! And people here complain Ford is expensive!
I got the windshield on my Ikon replaced for Rs. 7200/- all inclusive. Got it changed at the dealer's itself.

Within 3 weeks, i got the cheque from my insurance company (Bajaj Allianz) for Rs. 6500/-.

As for insurance claims, they entertain only claim at a time. I dont get the logic, but thats how they work.
Old 27th March 2014, 22:47   #28
BHPian

Any idea for the cost of swifts rear glass. Some drunk got in an argument with a friend and busted my glass then ran away. Perks of running a store neighboring a wine shop.
Old 27th March 2014, 23:35   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Front Glass broken.What to do now?

My Innova's windshield suffered a crack after a stone hit on the road. Sent the car to windshield people and they quoted 11k for it. Got the same glass fixed outside at a FNG (with good reference) for only 4.5k.
Old 28th March 2014, 00:30   #30
BHPian

Re: Front Glass broken.What to do now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
Any idea for the cost of swifts rear glass. Some drunk got in an argument with a friend and busted my glass then ran away. Perks of running a store neighboring a wine shop.
I had the front windshield replaced for my Ikon in 2012. It cost 6000. My Ikon was 9 years. Give a call to Windshield Expert. They will let you know the price. Depending on how old/new your car is, it will be cheaper to get it done at Windshield Expert. They also help with getting the insurance and the related paper work done.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks