Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2014, 00:48   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Front Glass broken.What to do now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
Any idea for the cost of swifts rear glass. Some drunk got in an argument with a friend and busted my glass then ran away. Perks of running a store neighboring a wine shop.
It should be roughly around 2k for an MGP glass. Labour charges will be extra. If its the one with defroster it could be a little more. I remember paying 3.9k for replacing Rear windshield which had a defroster and antenna. Hence in your case it'll definitely be cheaper, that too the glass being smaller than my car. The old price list points out to a cost of 1900. Not sure of the exact variant though.
Old 7th April 2014, 15:57   #32
BHPian

It's been more than a year now that the windscreen on my Santro Xing cracked. Though it doesn't cause me any problems while driving, but I was still thinking of getting it replaced. Shall I take a claim for the windscreen or shall I pay for it out of my own pocket ? My current premium is around Rs.5000 with a NCB of 20% this year.

I first got a quote from Windshield Experts, who quoted Rs.5700 for Asahi if I get it done out of my own pocket & Rs.1600 if I take an insurance claim.

I then contacted Oberoi Glass house, here in Kashmiri Gate Delhi. They said that they can't get Me Asahi but can give me a "Pilkington" windshield at Rs.2500+400 fitting, which as per him is equivalent to Asahi.
Has anyone here heard of Pilkington Windshields ? How good are they ?
Old 10th April 2014, 16:20   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamkaushik View Post
It's been more than a year now that the windscreen on my Santro Xing cracked. Though it doesn't cause me any problems while driving, but I was still thinking of getting it replaced. Shall I take a claim for the windscreen or shall I pay for it out of my own pocket ? My current premium is around Rs.5000 with a NCB of 20% this year.

I first got a quote from Windshield Experts, who quoted Rs.5700 for Asahi if I get it done out of my own pocket & Rs.1600 if I take an insurance claim.

I then contacted Oberoi Glass house, here in Kashmiri Gate Delhi. They said that they can't get Me Asahi but can give me a "Pilkington" windshield at Rs.2500+400 fitting, which as per him is equivalent to Asahi.
Has anyone here heard of Pilkington Windshields ? How good are they ?
No replies yet.

Can anyone advice me on this situation ?
Old 10th April 2014, 16:28   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Front Glass broken.What to do now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamkaushik View Post
No replies yet.

Can anyone advice me on this situation ?
I think taking the claim makes more sense. You pay 1600 and lose your NCB of 20% ( which comes to around 1000 rs given the 5k premium). So total damages are 2600 rs which works out to be cheaper than the kashmiri gate option. So I suggest you take the windshield expert route or even get it changed by Hyundai since you are taking the claim.
Old 10th April 2014, 16:42   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I think taking the claim makes more sense. You pay 1600 and lose your NCB of 20% ( which comes to around 1000 rs given the 5k premium). So total damages are 2600 rs which works out to be cheaper than the kashmiri gate option. So I suggest you take the windshield expert route or even get it changed by Hyundai since you are taking the claim.
Thank for the reply Dr.Mohit.

I was having a similar opinion but my insurance agent says that it's always better to get smaller repairs done out of pocket rather than taking a claim.
Do you have any ideas about 'Pilkington' ?
I came to know about Pilkington, only from the kishmiri gate guy, but when I did some basic googling I came across decent amount of posts as well as Pilkington's own website.

Now the thing is if It is a decent brand, I could think of getting the glass replaced on my own but if it is not at par with Asahi I would definitely take a claim & get it done from WE or Hyundai itself.

Therefore I am a bit confused & want suggestions from you all.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks