Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2009, 20:47   #1
BHPian

Turbocharger make? DDiS, MJD, QJD

Hey guyz! could any one help me with the make of Turbocharge on the 3 variants- Swift DDiS, Indica Vista QJD, Palio MJD? And also the technical spec of the turbocharger?
Old 6th January 2009, 20:55   #2
Senior - BHPian

I guess its the same in all.
Fixed Geometry Turbo charger i believe.
Old 6th January 2009, 21:44   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
I guess its the same in all.
Fixed Geometry Turbo charger i believe.
I was told that the vista's TC is different from siwft's and Palio's. The source is TATA-FIAL dealer's (BU Bhandari) Mechanic in Pune for this Engine. Fiat-Tata shares the vendor platform and should have the same manufacturer. I have already written to Turbo Energy to get some details about the TC's they manufacture. I am already trying to authenticate my information. I assume we have TBHP'ians from TML, FIAL and MSIL who could help.

Last edited by kunal2202 : 6th January 2009 at 21:49. Reason: was not really sure about my information about TEL. Already written to them to find out the details. TEL is our customer.
Old 6th January 2009, 21:51   #4
Senior - BHPian

question- is the design different ?
Old 6th January 2009, 22:01   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
question- is the design different ?
that's what i want and need to find out. The turbo kick in swift is very sudden and gives a feeling of "jettish propulsion". While in a vista it is quite linear and mild. (borrowed from CAD). the TC's are defintely timed different and may also differ in the amount and KE of air they discharge into the heart.

after all it has been proven that A 100 m dasher's heart beats differently from other normal healthy athletic individuals. Just a point.
Old 6th January 2009, 23:11   #6
BHPian

ECU's are different as well with different map's i believe.All 3 cars have different gear box's and gear ratio's as well.Hence the difference in performance.
Old 7th January 2009, 00:09   #7
Senior - BHPian

Swift's TC is made by borg warner. Don't know about Vista and Palio. Its not a VGT for sure.
Old 7th January 2009, 14:44   #8
Senior - BHPian

TATA uses KKK on most of it's engine so they may be supplying turbos for the qudrajet also.
Old 7th January 2009, 16:47   #9
BHPian

here's the reson i called for the thread.
i had know the concept of turbocharger. after i bought vista i could feel a distinct difference in the response of it's tc against swifts.
It kept me wondering what should be the design consideration for the TC. being a mechanical engineer, i concluded that since a TC is a compressor turbine combine, compressor must have its ratings and specs. similarily turbine should have defined vane angles, discharge vel, phi etc. that i read some time during my degree. i went to find out from one of the mechanic at tata A.S.S. and he confirmed that TC is not a standard part of the famous FIAT engine.
i have unofficial confirmation that the TC on a Vista is from Turbo Energy Ltd. I have found the contacts in TEL and have already shot emails to them to confirm the same. If then confirm me, i will call for the TC's specs. I cant manage the same for a DDis though. we are not vendors (yet) to MSIL. they are strictly Japanese.
Old 7th January 2009, 16:48   #10
BHPian

other specifics of TC's could be angle of track, incoming flluid angle, discharge angle etc etc.
Old 7th January 2009, 16:54   #11
BHPian

Interesting Thread Kunal - Keep digging!
Old 7th January 2009, 20:29   #12
rippergeo

Its not just the turbo design, the fuelling maps may also contribute to the difference you feel between the swift and the other 2.
What happens after you find out the differences?

Old 7th January 2009, 23:23   #13
Senior - BHPian

hey good info, but what are you thinking of doing after finding ? The MAP on the ddis is different as well as the gear box is a suzuki design not fiat so the initial kick in the swift, compared to TATA-FIAT.
Old 7th January 2009, 23:26   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
Its not just the turbo design, the fuelling maps may also contribute to the difference you feel between the swift and the other 2.
What happens after you find out the differences?
what exactly is a fuelling map? pls put a sample here. you can find a plenty on the search engines. It would be very helpful if u could find the map for swift ddis. I will try to get and post the map for vista qjd. And then we'll discuss "the variables" on the engine. the maps have to be governed by the mechanical variables, which I feel, TC is the most evident one. The common rail supplier is the same for all the variants.

moreover, i called this thread to research and understand the differences between the three variants just for my own satisfaction. and the thread is not obligatory and doesn't stop me from researching things just for nothing. its a personal prerogative.

moreover really and would like to improve.
Old 7th January 2009, 23:37   #15
Senior - BHPian

A MAP is the basically the values of injections timing [pulse width] depending on various parameters. REMAP a ECU is not easy. you want to improve the engine response get yourself a piggyback for the engine.
You wont get the QDJ to work like the DDIS, the The diff ratio and the gear box ratios are different, Swift is Tuned suzuki style.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks