Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2009, 03:38   #16
Senior - BHPian

Very very expensive.

Your car is loosing engine and gear oil too, and add to that diesel also? Very strange!

Alignment 650/-. I guess he is also charging for balancing the wheel. Otherwise Alignment is just Rs.120/-

Struts giving away at 55k is unlikely unless you used it for offroading.
Old 10th February 2009, 04:20   #17
Team-BHP Support

How can you have all these problems in one go!?
Or was the car neglected.
I presume your car is not in warranty. Therefore I suggest, go to local mechanic, but buy all parts yourself from a reliable shop. Tata parts are around 30-40% cheaper outside, not to mention cheaper. Moreover an outside mechanic will work full day on your car, and fix everything in front of you in one day itself
Old 10th February 2009, 06:32   #18
Senior - BHPian

is the above diagnostics and parts list from the mech or TASC?
Old 10th February 2009, 06:49   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
is the above diagnostics and parts list from the mech or TASC?
this is from TASC ; the local mechanic gave an estimate of 13K + taxes.

@ tanveer -- the car has never been neglected; have been regularly servicing it at all times; yes i used to go to a dealer's workshop (BU Bhandari -Wakad) however stopped doing it after Dec 07 when we opened the engine head to solve a overheating problem. I had ended up with a smaller bill at that time than this time, however i did not trust him anymore. Have been going to a local mechanic for the past 1 yr now and even got clutch plate replaced recently from the local mechanic at 55K since the earlier one was wearing out.

I havent done any offroading, however the roads in my area and surrounding areas were in horrible shape for a long time -- till the commonwealth games happened. Even today some sections of the roads have dug up areas or potholes every 100 mts. This might have damaged the suspension is what i suspect. I will take it to the local mechanic and see what all i can get done soon to get the car in good shape again.

Last edited by kpbhatt : 10th February 2009 at 06:56. Reason: incorrect grammar and punctuation
Old 10th February 2009, 06:50   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Very very expensive.

Your car is loosing engine and gear oil too, and add to that diesel also? Very strange!

Alignment 650/-. I guess he is also charging for balancing the wheel. Otherwise Alignment is just Rs.120/-

Struts giving away at 55k is unlikely unless you used it for offroading.
yeah -- the quote is for alignment and balancing. I still dont know how to use multiquotes .
Old 10th February 2009, 08:36   #21
BANNED

Why do they want to replace oil sump gasket? Is there is engine oil leak? Gaskets need to changed only when the sump is opened (usually during engine opening / overhaul), or there is an oil leak. I can understand the fuel lines - probably they are aged.

Does the wayside mechanic's estimate include these also?

I suggest you give the vehicle a thorough underbody and engine bay wash, and examine the vehicle yourselves after the wash. Look under the engine, in particular, for oil leaks.
Old 10th February 2009, 11:57   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Why do they want to replace oil sump gasket? Is there is engine oil leak? Gaskets need to changed only when the sump is opened (usually during engine opening / overhaul), or there is an oil leak. I can understand the fuel lines - probably they are aged.

Does the wayside mechanic's estimate include these also?

I suggest you give the vehicle a thorough underbody and engine bay wash, and examine the vehicle yourselves after the wash. Look under the engine, in particular, for oil leaks.
hi did this examination with the mechanic and the repairs guy at the TASC yesterday after an underbody wash.

There are leakages in the engine bay.

The fuel lines, Cjoint and the balancer rod at the back have been damaged since my wife inadvertently took the car over a rock on a sharp turn. Although she was in second gear and not over speeds of 20, still it has done extensive damage to the underbody on the Read Left passenger area.
Old 10th February 2009, 15:37   #23
BANNED

Ah. So, the entire job is accident repair!!!! Are there dents in the oil sump? (or is oil sump damage independent? If there are dents, even if the sump cover itself is not broken, it can affect oil capacity. For car engines, which hold between 3 - 5 liter engine oil, a dent causing a variation of even 250ML can be damaging.
Old 10th February 2009, 17:51   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpbhatt View Post
hi did this examination with the mechanic and the repairs guy at the TASC yesterday after an underbody wash.

There are leakages in the engine bay.

The fuel lines, Cjoint and the balancer rod at the back have been damaged since my wife inadvertently took the car over a rock on a sharp turn. Although she was in second gear and not over speeds of 20, still it has done extensive damage to the underbody on the Read Left passenger area.
KPBHATT you have the answer in your last reply for the vehicle moving torwards the left , get a good job done by the service guys and i guess get this done at the TASC until and unless you the other guy outside you know him very well.
Old 10th February 2009, 22:04   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
KPBHATT you have the answer in your last reply for the vehicle moving torwards the left , get a good job done by the service guys and i guess get this done at the TASC until and unless you the other guy outside you know him very well.
Yeah the car is at TASC and its going to cost me a months EMI payment to get the car in good shape
Old 10th February 2009, 22:40   #26
Senior - BHPian

oh my god ! thats a huge bill. had faced a similar problem in the ikon and it was due to a loose nut that links the lower arm to the rotors. i thought it must have been a lower arm problem.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks