Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2009, 23:51   #16
Senior - BHPian

I have a Baleno too ~650 RPM w/o AC is fine though for those who see other cars idling at 800-1100 rpm...it can be a bit unnerving. My car also idles around 650 RPM with AC off.

maybe you can find the Baleno wiring diagrams here.. unsure if it is for the same model but worth checking out for future

http://www.balenoklub.cz/pages/clank...oinstalace.pdf
Old 1st March 2009, 12:09   #17
Senior - BHPian

Good it is isolated and found to be a small wiring issue, pity the
MASS guys, they could not locate this fault! I think even if someone managed to find this your repair bill will have reflected the pressure switch and harness change.
Buffetfan,
Thats old diagram, not applicable to this baleno with climate control.

Last edited by gigy : 1st March 2009 at 12:10.
Old 1st March 2009, 16:13   #18

Yes, it is a pity that MASS could not detect it. My perception form the past few visits to MASS is that their technicians are not trained to identify the problem, it is more oriented towards what needs to be replaced when the customer identifies a problem, they also say that they are instructed to replace, and not repair.
This is where people like Nasir Bhai, Imran etc. scores. I must say that I could maintain my 1995 118 NE (which I still have), only because of people like them. The sad part is that not many them are around in the trade.
The other aspect is that although we now have almost similar class of cars as those in the west, our technical service back-up and protocols are way behind.
Old 2nd March 2009, 22:01   #19
BHPian

yes this tendency of the authorised service stations to blindly recommend replacement is due to two things - the bosses are under constant pressure to improve bottomlines, and as a result the mechanics never need to think out of the box, or even in the box, for a diagnostic-aided solution.
Creative thinking is usually borne out of having to solve a problem on a low budget.
Old 3rd March 2009, 01:51   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac3112 View Post
This weekend I could manage to get some time to drive to Nasir Bhai's works (Referred by Imran, who was recommended by Sir Alec).
He carried out a methodical search and could finally locate the problem to be due to the pressure switch (located behind the front grille and very close to the horn) getting connected, to one of the wires connecting to the horn, due to damaged insulation!!

Must say a few words about Nasir Bahi - I realised that he happens to be one of the most reliable persons in Ahmedabad in the field of ECM repairs/ resolving complex auto electric problems. Also, many of the company service technicians have a very high opinion about him. Should any one need to speak to him in emergencies he could be contacted on 09227222266.

I notice a significant reduction in RPM without AC (it was ~ 850 - 900 with & now ~ 650 without). I hope they are in the right zone - comments welcome!
There are no undue vibrations, and pick-up is ok.

Thank you all . I hope to return back to this forum to share the Baleno experience!! Wonder how Maruti could afford to stop production of this car!
Intend (not sure though) to do Ahmedabad-Kolkata-Ahmedabad this summer - inputs on the road conditions/ route, welcome.
Congratulations! pm me if you have any more issues. . Also will meet you on my next visit down there.

Last edited by SirAlec : 3rd March 2009 at 01:53.
Old 9th March 2009, 01:07   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Congratulations! pm me if you have any more issues. . Also will meet you on my next visit down there.
I look forward to this meeting. Please let me know when you are here.

Having got this technical issue with the AC sorted, I spoke to First Choice (from where i purchased this car) and convinced myself that they had offered the car knowing about the malfunctioning. Subsequently, I asked them to refund the extra payment that I made to them towards the two years warranty on the engine and transmission. They said they would get back to me, which they haven't after two weeks of my asking them for this refund.
It is clear that I would not leave the car in their service station for any of the free services, leave alone repairs, since they have lost the trust.
Hence, could someone please confirm if what I have asked for (refund of warranty payment), can be pursued by me as a customer? Would the consumer protection cover this?

I must add the other owe - even though I had examined the original RC book and ensured it to be proper before signing the deal and making the full payment, I received the RC book with the car transferred in my name, as a duplicate RC book. This was not conveyed to me by First Choice, it was only when I compared the RC book with the copy (fortunately authenticated by First Choice), I could realise the problem. Apparently, the agent from First Choice lost the RC book. Although they have provided me with another certification from RTO Ahmedabad, confirming the transfer, I have not been shown the reason that has been mentioned in the FIR that they must have filed and submitted as a copy to RTO Ahmedabad. I am pursuing the matter with First Choice (really do not have the time to go through all this!) & hope to get to the bottom of it. Could anyone recommend a responsible authority in M&M with whom I could correspond, should there be a real need? The experience that I am going through does show that the Ahmedabad division's behaviour is no better than that of a dealer.
Old 22nd May 2017, 15:14   #22
Senior - BHPian

Re: AC switch problem in Baleno

Hi guys, I have a 2006 Maruti Baleno VXi that has run around 70,000 KMs in the last 10 years or so. The car is in pretty good shape and has been serving me well. One of the biggest highlights, of course, is the powerful aircon.

Anyway, thing is that my car's climate control unit developed an issue after getting partly submerged on a water-logged street of Pitampura, Delhi during last monsoons. Luckily, the engine didn't suffer any damage but I did lose ICE's the amplifier unit. Coming back to the issue with climate control, the AC continues to be a chiller but at times the condenser switches off automatically and the temperature displayed on the climate control unit simply vanishes. The AC comes back to life on restarting the engine. I didn't get the issue checked yet as I don't use this car on a regular basis. However, with summers having set in, it has by now become quite irritating to have a malfunctioning AC unit.

Can anyone here suggest what the culprit is? I'm a tad skeptical to have MASS people diagnose it first as spares are really expensive and more often than not, these people tend to take you for a ride.

Regards
YC.BALENO.CHD is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks