Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2005, 23:14   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Dude,
i am talking about my brothers Xing.
It also makes a screeching noise when starting.
Old 8th May 2005, 23:25   #17
Senior - BHPian

I know you were talking about your brothers xing. But all i was saying is that the same fan belt is at fault.

Drifter
Old 24th May 2005, 16:46   #18
BHPian

The belts are still making noise. This was the 4th time and showed to a senior service manager at the Mission Road service station in Bangalore. After hearing it he says that this kind of problem occurs in very few santro xings. Even as i write they are working on the car. I had a very bad first experience with Hyundai. The car is just 7 months old. Even the average that its giving is not. People keep comlaining abut Fiat but i think Hyundai is worst. I hope that this time they are able to fix the problem.
Old 24th May 2005, 17:10   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sush
People keep comlaining abut Fiat but i think Hyundai is worst.
Hmmm. Point to ponder for a few ardent Fiat bashers here. :P

Regarding your problem, just try the lubrication bit. I think that is the only thing that will work. I have a tinny sound coming from the engine - which I have been told is because of the fan belt. It disappears after some time - when the engine gets warm.
Old 24th May 2005, 20:19   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative
Hmmm. Point to ponder for a few ardent Fiat bashers here. :P

Regarding your problem, just try the lubrication bit. I think that is the only thing that will work. I have a tinny sound coming from the engine - which I have been told is because of the fan belt. It disappears after some time - when the engine gets warm.
The manager just called up. He accepted that its a manufacturing defect. With a little use, the timing belt becomes loose and starts rubbing with the cover. He said that he had taken photographs also and will send them to hyundai as this was a defect which was supposed to have been fixed in 1998 but has reappeared in couple of cars. He will give the car tomorrow. I will never buy Hyundai car again in my life.
Old 24th May 2005, 20:23   #21
Senior - BHPian

Oh well ... :( I think you were extremely unlucky ... and that Hyundai quality inspectors slipped up bigged time somewhere.
Old 25th May 2005, 12:22   #22
BHPian

I have finally got the car today. The manager told me that they had to change almost all of the parts related to the belt assembly. Lets see how things go now.
Old 25th May 2005, 14:23   #23
Senior - BHPian

All the best with that. Hope you have a good night's rest from now on. The response was good if they changed everything.
Old 26th May 2005, 01:24   #24
BHPian

i think you should try to tighten the belt rather than lubricating it, havent tried the latter, tighteing the belt is quite a simple procedure, u could even do it yourself!!
Old 9th May 2006, 12:02   #25
BHPian

I have the same problem as Sush. In additiion to the Fan belt noise, I m also sufferring a torque complaint ( Car would leave an impression as if some is holding it back - with or without AC ) , A Low pick up, A low Mileage..Somehow the problems mentioned seem to be linked with the Fan Belt Abnormality..Have already met services manager at mission road & he seemed to have taken care of the problem temperorily.. I think I am back to square one. Plan to visit them again. the entire screw up was observed after the second service was done. I m not happy with my xing at all. Problem is that I have started feling embarassed talking to service centre people again & again over time & time but my problem still remains to be a problem. Someone facing similar problem can reach me at 9880231368.
Old 9th May 2006, 12:08   #26
BHPian

Sush could you please give me a call????... Thanks a TON
Old 9th May 2006, 13:10   #27
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Sush : Update us with ur fan belt issue ? is it still there ... ?
Old 9th May 2006, 13:17   #28
BHPian

Guys,

I am facing similar noise problem with my santro....Only diff is that its not from the fan belt but breaks.....
Noise (Similar to one with the Hard breaking) comes when I try to turn the car left / right at around the speed of around 40 / 50 .
The same sound repeats for couple of next corners (whatever might be the speed from 20 to 50) and then disappears..
Could anyone pleae suggest what might be the problem.

Cheers,
Amit
Old 25th May 2006, 21:35   #29
BHPian

Fan Belt

Hi all,
I have alrady visited Advaith hyundai multiple number of times. Despite their all efforts to reduce the belt noise, they havent been able to be successful. Finally the Services manger told me that it is just functioning as its designed. As per him fan belt would make noise every 200 KMS.
I m sick & tired to wasting my time on this car & Advaith hyundai.
My serious suggestion to everyone who is reading this is not to buy Santro Xing. I have had enough with this car & am left with no energy for that matter anymore. I feel so sinful to drive this **** now.
Old 25th May 2006, 22:47   #30
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Avigster : try showing it to a Company outlet and not a dealer. if nothing works complain to hyundai. Santro Xing is a good car for its price, i have one too. And i have lots of after market gadgets installed too along with tyres and custom seats and lighting effects, in short the car has been "fiddled" with a lot. But it still goes like stink. there are not vibrations or squeaks or squeels or whatever. You might have been sold a defective peice and i think u should fight it out

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks