Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2009, 11:13   #16
BHPian

Problem Solved!

Guys, sorry for the long wait, was busy with work. Ultimately, after calling up Nikhil Automobiles couple of times, went to them yesterday. The Service engineer took a test drive and noticed the left side pull.I briefed the engineer about the work done to correct the steering pull prior to my visit. Since they didn't have the alignment machine working at the dealership, took the car to a wheel aligner along with me.
Work done at the Alignment Centre: -
The left side tyre was removed, and refitted in the opposite direction on the same wheel. Then, the front two wheels were interchanged. After a test drive, found that the degree of pull reduced. After that alignment was done. Now the pull problem dissapeared.
Analysis: -
While speaking to the Engineer found out that 3 out of 10 cars fitted with Apollo Acelere tyres had come to them with this pull issue! That's a whopping 30% He further added that they had developed the expertise to deal with this pulling issue.I further clarified with him, if the problem would reappear, and that the tyres were in the warranty period. He assured me that the problem should not reoccur with regular alignment & balancing whenever the tyres are interchanged. Also would like to add that alignment was done Free of Charge -as the car is covered under Cashless Ownership Offer.

I was happy to get the problem sorted out, thanked the engineer and service advisor and rushed back home. Keeping my fingers crossed- so that the problem won't creep up again.

Last edited by sudipt123 : 16th April 2009 at 11:15.
Old 16th April 2009, 22:56   #17
BHPian

Hmmmm. For starters congratulations... am not quite sure about this since from your previous threads you had done this before. But alls well that ends well :=)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipt123 View Post
Guys, sorry for the long wait, was busy with work. Ultimately, after calling up Nikhil Automobiles couple of times, went to them yesterday. The Service engineer took a test drive and noticed the left side pull.I briefed the engineer about the work done to correct the steering pull prior to my visit. Since they didn't have the alignment machine working at the dealership, took the car to a wheel aligner along with me.
Work done at the Alignment Centre: -
The left side tyre was removed, and refitted in the opposite direction on the same wheel. Then, the front two wheels were interchanged. After a test drive, found that the degree of pull reduced. After that alignment was done. Now the pull problem dissapeared.
Analysis: -
While speaking to the Engineer found out that 3 out of 10 cars fitted with Apollo Acelere tyres had come to them with this pull issue! That's a whopping 30% He further added that they had developed the expertise to deal with this pulling issue.I further clarified with him, if the problem would reappear, and that the tyres were in the warranty period. He assured me that the problem should not reoccur with regular alignment & balancing whenever the tyres are interchanged. Also would like to add that alignment was done Free of Charge -as the car is covered under Cashless Ownership Offer.

I was happy to get the problem sorted out, thanked the engineer and service advisor and rushed back home. Keeping my fingers crossed- so that the problem won't creep up again.
Old 17th April 2009, 10:20   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthvader5000 View Post
Hmmmm. For starters congratulations... am not quite sure about this since from your previous threads you had done this before. But alls well that ends well :=)
Thank you darthvader, well as you said, the tyre was flipped and front wheels rotated earlier too. I don't have a clue how they were able to sort out the problem this time. I don't have the new alignment report to compare with the old one to see the changes - as the alignment charges were paid by the dealership.
Thank you for all the help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks