Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2009, 14:08   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raja748 View Post
This I strongly noticed when day before yesterday I passed a spot where some people were burning garbage.Though my window glasses were closed,I got a strong burning smell inside the car.My AC was off and so the blower fan.
Very few car models are completely air-sealed, even with the a/c vent set to internal recirculation-- this explains the air noise at high speed travel. Burning garbage/leaves produces a large amount of smoke/emissions, some of which were bound to hit you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
The HVAC recirculation-fresh air flap is located behind the dashboard. If bad odour problem persists, please check passenger/driver emissions to rule out other possibilities.
I'm often to blame, myself!
Old 30th March 2009, 12:49   #17
BHPian

Today I was trailing a garbage truck as there was no space to overtake it.AC was off,Blower was off,circulation was off....and suddenly I got breeze of dirty smell of the garbage...my God!!!! it was so horrible..I immediately switched on the AC and put it on inner circulation mode.

Guys..I need to do something to solve this problem.Believe me the problem was not there 3-4 months back.
Old 30th March 2009, 13:03   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raja748 View Post
I immediately switched on the AC and put it on inner circulation mode.

Guys..I need to do something to solve this problem.Believe me the problem was not there 3-4 months back.
Please keep the Inner Circulation mode ON even if the AC/blower is off. That should solve your problem.
Old 30th March 2009, 13:26   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Please keep the Inner Circulation mode ON even if the AC/blower is off. That should solve your problem.
Ok Pulsar56..I will try doing so.
Old 30th March 2009, 13:33   #20
BHPian

How can we add an ac pollen filter with cars which don't have one? Are they available at accessories/ spares shops? I would be interested to add one for my chevy spark, also I think swift doesn't have this filter.
Old 30th March 2009, 13:56   #21
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
+ 1 to this. it is also good to keep your recirc flap permanently closed. If at all you want fresh air into the vehicle, just roll down the windows a few minutes. Saves you a lot of trouble in the long run.

Cheers,
gpa
Old 30th March 2009, 14:43   #22
BHPian

How can keeping the recirculation flap permanently closed save any trouble in the long run?
Old 30th March 2009, 15:01   #23
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perakath View Post
How can keeping the recirculation flap permanently closed save any trouble in the long run?
Because you will not leave the recirc flap open when you park under trees, where leaves and other debris can fallin thru the slats up front near the bonnet area and enter you're car's AC system and clog the cooling coils and blower.

Cheers,
gpa

Last edited by gpa : 30th March 2009 at 15:07.
Old 30th March 2009, 15:13   #24
BHPian

Oh! I try not to park under trees except when there's no other shade source available-- that's to avoid bird droppings and squished fruit spoiling the paint. Here's one more reason!
Old 16th April 2009, 13:48   #25
BHPian

Quote:
You were absolutely correct bro!!! my problem vanished as soon as I have started keeping inner circulation on.

Thanks a lot to everyone...
Old 16th April 2009, 22:43   #26
BHPian

Is the recirculation flap on cars with push button recirculation system operated by a solenoid or a motor ? The ones in cars having the sliding switches is connected thru a cable and one gets to know whether the flap is open or not as there is a slight thump of the flap closing. But how does one know whether the push button system is working or not ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks