Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2009, 23:56   #1
BHPian

Finally! My Workshop at home!

Finaly my dream of having a nice workshop at home is coming true! and am thoroughly enjoying slogging my butt off on it! Well 2 days into it got the essentials done should be complete in another days work, puting up some pics of the progress will put up final pics once alls done and kicking!

Day1: got the garage cleared out! it had all kinds of junk lying in there well lots of that junk i used in my workshop! actually havent bought any raw material apart from some rubber adhesive and screws!
Got everything that was useful moved into a room that was already made at the back into racks that were lying dismantled. got rid of all the useless stuff, and kept everything i needed aside! also found loads of goodies (tools such as a torque wrench and that too in mint condition) from my dads Microlight flying days! well picked up a few boards that were lying waste from our last office and got a carpenter to make the top for a basic Ms angle table that again was my dads from 20 years ago got the air compressor connectors and oiled it up and got it running. I now Had some clear area with lots of dust with a work long table!

Day2: after cleaning over and over again trying to get as much dust out of there as possible i started with laying vinyl tyles on the floor with rubber adhesive, these again came from the old office along with rubber mat for the table which too i glued on! this took till about 5pm to get done but it looked neat and clean!
Next i hooked up the air compressor with two T joints and new piping, fitted 2 air guns, a sand blaster and a spray gun for painting.
then i canibalised an old computer table and bolted its top onto the wall along with a few other pieces from here and there, this was to hang my tools! love it its sooo neat

the place is dirty all over again and definitely needs painting and a false cieling.
Attached Thumbnails
Finally! My Workshop at home!-dsc00011a.jpg  

Finally! My Workshop at home!-dsc00012a.jpg  

Finally! My Workshop at home!-dsc00013a.jpg  

Finally! My Workshop at home!-dsc00014a.jpg  

Finally! My Workshop at home!-dsc00015a.jpg  

Finally! My Workshop at home!-dsc00016a.jpg  

Finally! My Workshop at home!-dsc00017a.jpg  

Finally! My Workshop at home!-dsc00018a.jpg  

Finally! My Workshop at home!-dsc00019a.jpg  

Finally! My Workshop at home!-dsc00020a.jpg  

Finally! My Workshop at home!-dsc00021a.jpg  

Finally! My Workshop at home!-dsc00023a.jpg  

Finally! My Workshop at home!-dsc00024a.jpg  

Last edited by aah78 : 27th March 2009 at 00:13. Reason: Limit smileys to 2/post please.
speed0mania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th March 2009, 00:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

Wow awesome , Is the tools collected over the years ? .Jealous . Its like hardware pron . Enjoy .
You should have a fresh paint of the garage and it will look great. Is the air compressor second hand ? how much ?

Last edited by black12rr : 27th March 2009 at 00:06.
Old 27th March 2009, 00:07   #3
BHPian

that yellow thing in the last pic is a pressure pump i use for washing my car and bike! also found these small drawer sets in office that i can use for keeping small stuff
Plans for Day3: make false cieling out of 2 old aluminium glass doors.
- Sort out wiring for the compressor and mount spot light and 2 tubelights along with a wall mounted fan
- Put up plugpoints for drill, grinder, soldering iron etc.
- connect the welding m/c this is a pain as it has to be connected to the mains!
- clear out the wodden cupboard lying at the abck and use it to store stuff!
- bolt up the bench vice
- False cieling, hang venitian blinds lying around to cover the back above the compressor for a neater look!
- Clean up! and have loadsa fun!

Since i have everything in place thinking of making a jack to work on the bike and kart!

@ black12rr: Thanks mann! i knew if this would be appreciated anywhere it would be on this forum! Yup collected the tools over the years quite a few recently when me and my dad went on a shopping spree the compressor was lying at home it was earlier used in my dads (electronics workshop) he got a new one when we shifted out of the previous location so this one came home!

Last edited by speed0mania : 27th March 2009 at 00:22.
Old 27th March 2009, 00:12   #4
BHPian

Awesome man,just awesome!!Congrats!!Looks like you have gone through great pains to get it into such an immaculate condition!!
Old 27th March 2009, 00:20   #5
BHPian

Hey carfreak! Thanks buddy, seemed impossible when i opened up the garage but 2 long 12 hr+ days into it! i can see it happening!
Old 27th March 2009, 00:21   #6
Senior - BHPian

wow speedo, this is awesome . I saw the garage of one of my colleagues when I was in the US and always dreamt of something like that. Congratulations man. Great job.
Old 27th March 2009, 00:36   #7
Senior - BHPian

Wow thats a treasuretrove
Old 27th March 2009, 01:13   #8
BHPian

that is neat mate, you building that go-kart?
Old 27th March 2009, 02:21   #9
BHPian

hey that is every car lovers dream! a DIY kit that elaborate is pure bliss. wish i could own one like that.
Old 27th March 2009, 02:26   #10
BHPian

Thanks guys! I live off the amazing feedback i get here! Its amazing to know so many people share the same passion for this stuff! None of my friends understand my fetish for tools!!
Half my family doesn't get why Im doing this!? lol but my dads right there with all the help and guidance i need and more! He's th one that pushes me to do more and more!
Getting a jack was my idea, Building it is his! hehe should be fun though.
@ishotmydog: buddy that was my final year engg project, its a hybrid! check out:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...c-vehicle.html
Old 27th March 2009, 02:40   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed0mania View Post
Thanks guys! I live off the amazing feedback i get here! Its amazing to know so many people share the same passion for this stuff! None of my friends understand my fetish for tools!!
lol, a couple of months back i went shopping for basic tools. Got a spanner set, a plier, a measuring tape,some adhesives, a hammer and a couple of screw drivers. I felt like a kid in a toy store. It was so awesome.
Old 27th March 2009, 02:54   #12
BHPian

I know mann!! Thats one kind of shopping i could do all day! whenever me and my dad see tools we go crazy, specially while travelling, thats the only defense my mom has for shopping and my dads answer to that is ' its for work'!! And mine is 'its for college' lol but cool tools speacially big heavy machinary is just sooo amazing, i mean welding, the first time i welded i was hooked on!! i mean i welded every little piece of metal i could find, hehe. I love the extremely big ones and the really unsusual stuff that you'd hardly use, like this set of bolt removers i bought, or Rapid metal epoxy that can be drilled, this stuff is really useful when you need it but you know no one really buys this kinda stuff, i guess thats why its more interesting oh we also bought this IR temp gun, purely based on cooolness factor lol!!
Ive measured temp for everything possible with that thing, its a fun toy.
Old 27th March 2009, 03:02   #13
Senior - BHPian

I know what u mean bro, ,my dad is similar. He has screwed the 800 with his experiments . He manages 21+ kmpl in the city from his 800. The car was bought in 96 and hardly ever goes to the service station. Now that he bought the Ikon, I have strictly told him to stay away from playing with it lol. He has his own cleaning liquids (made himself), his own settings for the car and his own fundas. I am not an IITian like him but i can now understand the passion. Keep up the awesome work dude.
Old 27th March 2009, 03:09   #14
BHPian

lol!! thats amazing buddy! well my dads pretty much the same when i wash my bike after service i get the bathcare products out! he looks at them with a frown and pushes them away and always tells me, in our times we never had all these funny sprays , and i dont trust anything that doesn't give you the contents! so he uses the normal diesel to degrease and we do stuff old school! but it does work so alls good!
Old 27th March 2009, 03:14   #15
Senior - BHPian

i absolutely know what you mean bro. old school is the best, no doubts. btw, love ur signature too, very similar to what I have.Been really unlucky with bikes. Wheneve I have fallen in love with our tbhpians bikes, they have sold them when I dont have the cash. Still waiting for one till I get a sbk. Neways, thats OT. Love your garage, would love to keep a track of your additions.
Cheers.

Last edited by sammyboy : 27th March 2009 at 03:16.

Most Viewed