Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2009, 20:15   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
Hi all,
called up service station guys and they said if its anything in compressor whole unit would need re-placement, i asked about any availability of spares in case its compressor, they point blankly denied, I decided no way for official service station now.

----------------
Thanks again for such a warm and nice response.
Hi ghpk,

Could you pls refer your A/C mechanic i also need to check my santro. has similar problems for the last 2 days, get only hot air blowing and no cool air.

provide me his contact details and location so that i can get mine too solved.

Avinash

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please avoid quoting an entire large post. It inconveniences our small screen & mobile readers.

Thanks.

Last edited by Jaggu : 16th April 2009 at 22:17. Reason: Please avoid quoting an entire large post, also attachment of pics and videos.
Old 16th April 2009, 22:51   #17
BHPian

hi Avinash, you seem to be in Bangalore, and Iam in Allahabad in Uttar pradesh.
so i don't think you would be able to get any assistance from my mechanic, however check your AC fuse in the fuse box, its under Bonnet, near battery (black box of fuse) if the fuse which is for AC is blown, you can check by replacing it. if it gets blown again.
your in same boat which i jumped away from :-)

you'll need to get the coil replaced, it should be available in your local market, check with fuse and then with any local car AC repair wala.
Old 27th January 2010, 17:20   #18
BHPian

Suddenly, Ac stopped functioning in Santro. I find even the Fan/Blower is also not working. Checked all fuse and they are fine. What else can be checked before I take it for service ?

Last edited by manavdotcom : 27th January 2010 at 17:23.
Old 29th January 2010, 22:54   #19
Senior - BHPian

Manav.com, I also faced a similar problem but it was related to the fuse and ultimately to the Coil. Check with the AC Mechanic, these guys are the best and their experience is of great help and economic too.

Moreover, I also faced the Coil problem requiring a change. It was diagnosed when the Mechanic used the Direct Wiring method from the Coil to the Battery, and the wire burnt and melted. Since my uncle had AC Servicing business, unused Gas Cylinders were available at disposal and Gas Top up was free of charge.
Old 22nd March 2012, 13:34   #20
BHPian

Re: Air conditioning ON, Fuse Blown

Quote:
Hi all,

Went to my old car mechanic, who's gem of a person, he sent me along his gy to A.C. repair guy, he figured out it to be A.C. compressor Coil gone bad and is over-loading the circuit, he didn't had the spares and asked me to check back 2 days later, but heat was not yet over, Gave Budget Rs.3300
including the GAS recharge which would be needed if he repaired.

Digging up a old post.
Looks like I am sinking in same boat, My 2006 Santro's fuse was blown up, replaced it with new one it was again blown, took it to local AC Mechanic and he too said that coil has gone bad and due to this the fuse is getting blown. He quoted me Rs 3500/- for coil replacement along with AC service.

Have not done it yet, will get it done now that I am sure of the root cause.
Old 22nd March 2012, 14:23   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
Digging up a old post.
Looks like I am sinking in same boat, My 2006 Santro's fuse was blown up, replaced it with new one it was again blown, took it to local AC Mechanic and he too said that coil has gone bad and due to this the fuse is getting blown. He quoted me Rs 3500/- for coil replacement along with AC service.

Have not done it yet, will get it done now that I am sure of the root cause.
He's certainly over charging.
I got it replaced for around 1k, and a friend had same problem recently, his mechanic charged Rs.1500/- including the new coil, labour etc etc.

Please consult another mechanic.
ghpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2012, 14:34   #22
BHPian

Quote:
He's certainly over charging.
I got it replaced for around 1k, and a friend had same problem recently, his mechanic charged Rs.1500/- including the new coil, labour etc etc.

Please consult another mechanic.
Yes, I am seeking another AC Mechanic I also felt something fishing when i asked him to bifurcate the cost of everything that he asked me do to, he said "Saab sabka Mila ke Rs 3500/- hoga". I said i need sometime and will come back later to you. Now that I know it should not be more than Rs 1500/- will get it done from some other mechanic.

Thanks a lot

Regards,
Ninad

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks