Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2005, 22:01   #1
BANNED

vibrations in zen 97 carb.

The hood in my zen vibrates when idlelling ..when i keep the hood pressed with my hand the vibrations stop..this is happening from few days...and this problem has cropped up after my cousin used the zen to learn to drive for a few days..he was very bad at launching the car in first gear and the poor car had to face lot of jerks...what can be the problem ..before this the car was smooth when idleing...i looked under the hood for any missing rubber parts ..but couldnt find one...the hood also does not look loose ..what could have happened?? what should i get checked...what do you guys think?

heavyfoot.
Old 29th May 2005, 09:54   #2
BANNED

Hi There,

Difficult to comment without seeing the car. Try the bonnet stting rubbers located above the headlights and see if it helps. Assuming the car has not been fidled around by anyone i dont see a problem if it was running ok first.

Viper
Old 29th May 2005, 10:26   #3
BHPian

hey
i guess you should try getting the carb setting done like getting the timing matched may beyour engine has become slow that is why your bonnet vibrates...
does it happen when you drive?
or just wen your out of the car and the engine is switched on without the acce.??
Old 29th May 2005, 11:30   #4
BANNED

yeah it happens with out the accelator/gas pedal depressed when the car is idleing...and when i am out of the car....and the car was perfectly fine few days back. it doesnt happen when i drive.
Old 29th May 2005, 11:46   #5
BHPian

hey heavyfoot my car's condition is the same as yours when i start the car the engine vibrates too much but once i start driving it the vibration goes away. it must be idling problem i guess
Old 29th May 2005, 11:56   #6
Senior - BHPian

check the engine mountings as well
Old 29th May 2005, 12:17   #7
BHPian

hey heavyfoot tried to pm u but your mailbox is full
Old 29th May 2005, 14:00   #8
BHPian

ok.... i had faced the same problem its common and nothing to worry about just go to ne mechanic possible and get your idle rpm set to around 1.25 and 1.50 with ac u will find no vibrations.... and if possible get your timing matched...
Old 29th May 2005, 14:15   #9
BHPian

but dosent increasing idling give less mileage because i asked somewhere to get my car's idling increased and he told that the fe will decrease
Old 29th May 2005, 22:58   #10
BHPian

your average will get affected but not much say if your car gives you average of 12kmpl by increasing the idle rpm it will be 11.50/11.75 wont really make much of a difference....
Old 30th May 2005, 10:36   #11
Team-BHP Support

just check ur idle settings (with ac also), tighten the rubber stoppers for the hood and put a strip of insulation tape on the bonnet lock to make it snug fit..

assuming your engine and gear rubber mounts are of good health..
Old 30th May 2005, 11:01   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
Hi There,

Difficult to comment without seeing the car. Try the bonnet stting rubbers located above the headlights and see if it helps. Assuming the car has not been fidled around by anyone i dont see a problem if it was running ok first.

Viper
Viper is right. I faced the same problem. If the two rubbers are not adjusted to the same height, the hud vibrates.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks