Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2009, 22:35   #16
BANNED

Hi All,
Thank you for your responses...
I was worried that am the odd one out and good to know that am not that bad when compared against peers.

I have read that Skoda uses Synthetic Oil and hence prolonged intervals between services. I was wondering how come in i10 too we have a service interval of 10K or 6 months. Does i10 come with synthetic oil. Can we use synthetic oil for i10 if it doesnt come with it. I guess it will safegaurd the engine better, but really not sure of the advantages.

Regarding headlamps, any brand/configuration to switch to which will be brighter than the OEM.

Sathya
Old 26th May 2009, 09:26   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosathyas View Post
Recently when I went to Kun showroom saw an advertisement about some customer getting 41.5Kmpl in his i10. Wondered how he managed to get that with the same machine...
It's not 41.5Kmpl but 41.5Kmp4l (Km per 4 liters). That much the i10 is definitely capable of with a little difficulty of course.
Old 26th May 2009, 10:02   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,
Thank you for your responses...
I was worried that am the odd one out and good to know that am not that bad when compared against peers.

I have read that Skoda uses Synthetic Oil and hence prolonged intervals between services. I was wondering how come in i10 too we have a service interval of 10K or 6 months. Does i10 come with synthetic oil. Can we use synthetic oil for i10 if it doesnt come with it. I guess it will safegaurd the engine better, but really not sure of the advantages.

Regarding headlamps, any brand/configuration to switch to which will be brighter than the OEM.

Sathya
With regards to service interval, it has nothing to do with the kind of oil you use. I have been using synthetic oil in my NHC, but I get my car serviced as advised by Honda - every 5K kms. But, I do not change my engine oil at every 5K kms, but I do it at e very 10K kms.

If Hyundai prescribes that the i10s should be serviced every 10K or 6 months, whichever is earlier, then it is fine.
Old 26th May 2009, 10:30   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
It's not 41.5Kmpl but 41.5Kmp4l (Km per 4 liters). That much the i10 is definitely capable of with a little difficulty of course.
lol yea!

My guess is that guy's got a CNG kit in his car!!
Old 26th May 2009, 13:24   #20
Senior - BHPian

Double Your Gas Mileage! 2X

An interesting video to watch:

Old 26th May 2009, 20:15   #21
BHPian

My Friends i10 Kappa is regularly giving him 16-18 Kmpl with 50% AC in City.

He went to Shirdi last week from Pune and the car returned him mileage of 23kmpl with around 20-30% AC. His car has now done 18000km in just 7 or 8 months.

However I doubt the way he calculated the mileage because when I drew the car last Saturday there was huge play in the clutch and after the play I had to press it hard to be able to change the gears. But he says its OK he doesn't see any problems in it and nor does any of his family members as everyone in his family drives this car. And Hyundai service engineer told him the clutch plates should last another 6 months in this condition.

Last edited by tush : 26th May 2009 at 20:16.
Old 26th May 2009, 21:11   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tush View Post
My Friends i10 Kappa is regularly giving him 16-18 Kmpl with 50% AC in City.

He went to Shirdi last week from Pune and the car returned him mileage of 23kmpl with around 20-30% AC. His car has now done 18000km in just 7 or 8 months.

However I doubt the way he calculated the mileage because when I drew the car last Saturday there was huge play in the clutch and after the play I had to press it hard to be able to change the gears. But he says its OK he doesn't see any problems in it and nor does any of his family members as everyone in his family drives this car. And Hyundai service engineer told him the clutch plates should last another 6 months in this condition.
I'm sure there's something wrong with the calculation method. To get a fair idea of the actual milege of a car, just take the average of the milege claimed by different users. The i10 Kappa average milege will work out to 10-11 Kmpl.
Old 26th May 2009, 22:22   #23
BHPian

Quote:

Recently when I went to Kun showroom saw an advertisement about some customer getting 41.5Kmpl in his i10. Wondered how he managed to get that with the same machine...
Yeah even I saw these pics in hyundai service centre.

Also a couple of months back there was a T.V. car show ( I don't remember the name) in which they tested couple of cars for mileage by putting in measured quantities of fuel an i10 kappa gave 37.5 kmpl
Old 26th May 2009, 22:46   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea1979 View Post
You are right. Such kind of promo's are highly misleading and should not be trusted at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by muralisk View Post
I wish you had grilled them about it and had asked them to demonstrate the same so that every Hyundai customer could benefit and India could save millions in foreign exchange.

As others said, it is one of those catchy marketing stunts these car companies try to pull from time to time.
Hey! Cant we do something against such promos? They are really a hogwash and mislead. I believe their was some regulation in the recent past against such advertisments.
Old 26th May 2009, 23:11   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
41. i am doubting even 14 with that car. i have one and its auto and i get around 6 to 8, sometimes i think i should have bought a v6 instead. it must be the 1.1 liter ad that you must have seen.
are you serious? are you sure there is nothing wrong with the car then?
Old 27th May 2009, 08:26   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
are you serious? are you sure there is nothing wrong with the car then?
There is everything wrong with the car. Not just your car but all i10's. What's the point with this kind of milege. Of course there will be many who will harp on the quality, comfort, safety, ABS, Airbags, convenience etc of the car. But at what cost? Give the car with all imaginable features, I still don't think it is worth it. My Siena 1.6 (100 BHP), which a lot of BHPians call a gas guzzler, gives me better milege.
Old 27th May 2009, 09:25   #27
BHPian

As per my experience with my 1.2L Kappa i do get a mileage of around 12-13 kmpl in bangalore city with AC on full time. On long drives i have however managed to get around 16.5 with the AC on again, full time.
Old 27th May 2009, 18:40   #28
BHPian

41??? lol. yea right! my pulsar 180 gives that much mileage!
Old 28th May 2009, 08:32   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_shadow View Post
41??? lol. yea right! my pulsar 180 gives that much mileage!
Maybe it was a i10 with a pulsar engine he he he.
Old 28th May 2009, 10:55   #30
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goel.honey View Post
Hey! Cant we do something against such promos? They are really a hogwash and mislead. I believe their was some regulation in the recent past against such advertisments.
Hyundai is not the only one following this. MUL also advertises a mileage of 19.6 kmpl for the A-Star. In actual city conditions with the AC switched off, all that the A-Star can manage is a decent 14.7 kmpl. This for a car that has been properly run-in.

MUL and HMIL should stop dishing out this hogwash to people!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks