Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2010, 13:53   #31
BHPian

Thanks for all the help guys.
Went last evening to the workshop to pick up the car but was informed by the service adviser that there is another leak in the radiator on the right bottom corner and the car is loosing coolent very fast from there. when i checked with them as to why was coolent not leaking form there earlier, they claimed that since there was a leak from the caps, there was no pressure on this part and now since the core caps have been replaced, there is more pressure and hence more leakage... i did not know what to say and common logic let me believe that it might be true but i was still not convinced. I told them i want to take the car for test drive to check if the other problems are fixed.
When i took the car for test drive, there was something major wrong with the car. the car was misfiring and there was absolutely no pickup. It felt like i was driving a Nano instead of a 1.6 palio. The service advisor who had come along with me for the test drive also had no clue about the problem. when we stopped the car, all the coolent was over from the storage and it had sprayed all over the engine bay.
Now my car is back in the garage waiting for insurance claim for change in radiator. The service adviser told me that they would look at the other problems once the radiator had been changed.
Now the long wait starts for my car as the inusrance surveyor will come in day or two, then they will check if the parts are available or not. If not, order the parts and then repair the car.... Really disappointed with the whole scene.
what do u guys think about the whole situation?
Old 16th April 2010, 14:26   #32
Senior - BHPian

You first have to find out why the coolant sprayed in the first place. Was it a fault of the service people? If it was, you don't have to claim insurance. You can ask them to repair it at their cost or at a discounted rate.

The service stations even the authorised places can fleece you if you don't know your stuff. I was given a service bill of Rs 84k. On scrutinising, I realised most of the items weren't needed. Their argument was that the car is old so it should be relaced, even the perfectly working items. I know it can be termed as preventive maintenance. But I know there's life in these components still. After ticking off unnecessary items, the bill was a relatively cheap 28k.

They told me there was a leakage in the AC system. A month down, no problems with the AC.

The moral of the story? Get to the bottom of the problems why it happened. Be polite and ask for it to be replaced at their cost. If it was their fault that is, which I have a feeling it was. They shouldn't have let the car out without proper checks. Why should you take your insurance and lose out on the no-claim bonus.

Just be polite but firm. It works most of the time.

Drifter
Old 24th September 2010, 21:34   #33

I detected a leak in my 1.2's radiator last night. The car had been overheating a bit so I checked the radiator assembly and there it was. A crack in the second row (from the top) of the passages in the radiator. I could see the green coolant coagulated over the crack.

How much would it cost me to fix it? I suppose welding is the way to go?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks