Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2009, 19:58   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
So how far has the project gone on to ?
Project on hold due to RTO formalities. Trying to get it done legally. Otherwise, the car, esteem engine and some parts are ready.
Old 3rd July 2009, 20:49   #32
BHPian

This is sounds like a brilliant project. Exactly the kind of stuff i joined this community for. Please post pics of car as well, when you start working on it.

OT: How come so many people choose to use the esteem or baleno engine when doing transplants?
Personally, i'm trying to think of something where i can use a Honda engine.
The old city came with a 1.3 as well if remember. Aint the esteem also a 1.3l one?
Old 3rd July 2009, 21:06   #33
BANNED

Good to hear that .Also hope you take all the pics of the parts and job in steps so that it is easy for others who want to do such a project.Such as me
Old 4th July 2009, 09:25   #34
Senior - BHPian

@Trust In Thrust
Some of the participants are students so they will be documenting the whole process. We can then upload it as a guide for others.

@paranoidAndroid
The Esteem engine is a direct fit into a Zen and the Baleno engine can be fitted with minimum mods. That's why they are the obvious choice. People have also fitted the Honda unit. In Brazil a lot of people fit the Siena's 1.6 unit into the Uno. (In case anyone want's to upgrade his Uno, I know someone who has a brand new 1.6 engine for sale).

Last edited by pedrolourenco : 4th July 2009 at 09:31. Reason: Forgot to multiquote
Old 13th July 2009, 13:02   #35
BANNED

RTO formalities are done and the new engine number has been endorsed on the RC book. First test run with the new engine will be done tomorrow.
Old 13th July 2009, 13:26   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious55 View Post
RTO formalities are done and the new engine number has been endorsed on the RC book. First test run with the new engine will be done tomorrow.
Hi, could you put down briefly the procedure & documents required for endorsing an engine swap by the RTO ?

Did the driveshafts require any modification to fit within the track of the M800 ?
Old 13th July 2009, 17:34   #37
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
Hi, could you put down briefly the procedure & documents required for endorsing an engine swap by the RTO ?

Did the driveshafts require any modification to fit within the track of the M800 ?
The RTO formalities were done by a friend who's an RTO inspector. I'll ask him. Not sure what modifications were done to the driveshafts as I am not so involved in the project. Don't really understand the tech stuff. Just waiting to drive it.
A list of all parts used along with drawings, including templates for the fabrication work with detailed instructions are almost ready. They will have to be edited as and when the car is fine tunes after the test run. Once satisfactory results are acheived the stuff will be uploaded.
Old 13th July 2009, 19:43   #38
BHPian

@Pedro lourenco.
Hi COuld you pm your cell number iwould like to get in touch with you,
Old 14th July 2009, 23:35   #39
Senior - BHPian

I have heard two people doing this. these are the images sent to me by him long ago. I lost contact with him now though. Only problem he was facing was the driveshaft alignment.

Other being a russian dude i met on a russian forum. WHo plonked a Zuki GTi engine at the back in a Suzuki Maruti (thats what its called there). He is all over the youtube.

My E-800 Project-12072008.jpg

My E-800 Project-baby.jpg

My E-800 Project-eng.jpg

My E-800 Project-full.jpg

My E-800 Project-gb.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks