Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2019, 14:53   #16
BHPian

Re: Problem with the suspension of my SX4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4LOVER View Post
Hi friends. I am having a peculiar problem with my SX4 2008 87000kms on the odo. When braking with the gear and brake engaged, the car gives a continous tak tak tak sound when slowing down, the sound finally going away after disengaging the gear with car coming to a halt. Any clues guys? I just got the lower arms and other parts replaced due to the well known steering problem of SX4 giving thud sounds over speed breakers and potholes.
Same happened with me. I went to the service center after that, they said i breaked too hard and the abs had come into action that led to the noise (it sounded like grugh grughhhh, felt like a force or a jam sound that pulled hard in tone)
Old 12th September 2019, 16:32   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4LOVER View Post
Hi friends. I am having a peculiar problem with my SX4 2008 87000kms on the odo. When braking with the gear and brake engaged, the car gives a continous tak tak tak sound when slowing down, the sound finally going away after disengaging the gear with car coming to a halt. Any clues guys? I just got the lower arms and other parts replaced due to the well known steering problem of SX4 giving thud sounds over speed breakers and potholes.
The ABS kicks in if the wheel starts skidding, irrespective of whether the gear is engaged or not. If you hear the sound only in gear (and even without hard braking), it won't be the ABS.

Does the sound disappear just by putting the car in neutral or you need to wait till the car comes to halt?
Old 13th September 2019, 08:33   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
The ABS kicks in if the wheel starts skidding, irrespective of whether the gear is engaged or not. If you hear the sound only in gear (and even without hard braking), it won't be the ABS.

Does the sound disappear just by putting the car in neutral or you need to wait till the car comes to halt?
Mostly the sound goes if i switch to neutral.
Old 13th September 2019, 09:44   #19
BHPian

Have a look at the mounts please. Sometimes they wear out and create unwanted and hard to trace sounds.

I have this sound that comes once in a while when i switch of the engine. I am yet to locate it, but after all the places i have looked i find the only thing left is the mounts.
Old 5th January 2020, 12:33   #20
BHPian

I own a 2010 SX4 Zxi AT, the car has done about 1.1 Lakh KM. I had this loud squeaking noise coming from the front suspension every time the car went over even minor undulated surfaces. On road humps it was even louder. I gave the car for its yearly service and the SA diagnosed it to be weak stabilizer rods, they were replaced.

While with this fix, around 75% of the noise is gone, I don't hear anything while on roads, but on humps I still hear some noise when the springs compress. Also, there is some noise coming from the steering when I turn either ways. (something like tak tak tak). Anybody else who faced this and what was done to resolve it? Please do let me know.
Old 10th January 2020, 15:52   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basoli View Post
Also, there is some noise coming from the steering when I turn either ways. (something like tak tak tak). Anybody else who faced this and what was done to resolve it? Please do let me know.
This could be to do with the CV axle joints.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks