Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2009, 14:20   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1ISTHE1 View Post
How is the ride..? do you feel any stiffness lately..?
Yes, sometimes at the "right bump" (ie not on every bump) it feels like there is no suspension at the rear, the wheels just thud
Old 17th January 2009, 02:00   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatsingh78 View Post
Yes, sometimes at the "right bump" (ie not on every bump) it feels like there is no suspension at the rear, the wheels just thud
Have you sat in the rear and experienced the same? Ask someone to take the car on smooth road, bumpy road & speed breaker at slow and med speed. Sit on the rear right side and feel it.

If you feel it surely has to be a suspension issue. Take the car to your dealer then and have it verified.
Old 18th August 2009, 16:39   #18
Senior - BHPian

Right side lower than Left - Dzire

I recently got this vehicle and have done 3700 km in last one month mostly highway. Today I noticed that the right rear is 1/2 inch lower than the left. I measured it with a metal tape from the ground to the top of the wheel arch and got a 1/2" difference. In the front the difference is 1/4 inch.

Another thing about the vehicle is that it pulls to the left slightly. I showed it to the maruti dealer here in Goa and in bangalore for the Pulling to the left. The goa guy said it was insignificant and probably due to the slope of the road. the bangy guy at whitefield said your tyre pressure was less. I tried the car and it was OK. Later i found he had filled the left tyre to 40 psi and the right to 35. Nice way to fool a customer! I corrected the pressures and it was back to pulling to the left.

So before I take it to the service center I would like inputs from you guys. Anybody had such an experience? esp with a new car? Are these two issues related? I can live with the pulling left part but the sagging of the right has me worried?
Old 18th August 2009, 16:48   #19
BHPian

Park the car on a level ground then measure the difference in rh & lh level. What you have said is highly unlikely.

Regarding car pulling to left, take it to a good tyre shop get alignmnet done & pressure checked, afterwards test drive on a level road for few meters.
Old 18th August 2009, 17:09   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Today I noticed that the right rear is 1/2 inch lower than the left. I measured it with a metal tape from the ground to the top of the wheel arch and got a 1/2" difference. In the front the difference is 1/4 inch.
Will it be visible in pictures? If yes, can you post pictures?

Quote:
Another thing about the vehicle is that it pulls to the left slightly.
My SX4 has been pulling to left and right from day one. So have a couple of Wagon R's and a Zen Estilo in my office. I even drove a demo SX4 and it was the same! I feel that's how Maruti makes it's cars - Kaam chalau. Maybe that's why they started giving ABS and Airbags .

On a more serious note, I have always felt that the problem is with the EPS. I guess Maruti hasn't been able to design and manufacture a proper EPS system. Either that or they just don't care.
Old 18th August 2009, 17:51   #21
bhp
BHPian

Even my swift DDIS s rear right is lower by 1/2 inch compared to rear left side..came to my notice after the 20k service....

Is it something to do with the springs ??
Old 18th August 2009, 17:52   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Will it be visible in pictures? If yes, can you post pictures?
here are the pics. the line drawn thru the picture of the back of the car is horizontal and the car is in a garage. the pics with the measuring tape tell the story.
Attached Thumbnails
Right side lower than Left - Swift & now Dzire!-back-view-car.jpg  

Right side lower than Left - Swift & now Dzire!-lt-wheel-arc-ht.jpg  

Right side lower than Left - Swift & now Dzire!-rt-wheel-arh-ht.jpg  

Old 18th August 2009, 18:29   #23
Team-BHP Support

Hope you dont have any additional stuff like a heavy subwofer etc on the car?

So ruling out this, you need to check the shockers first on the RT side, both rear and front. If shockies are fine, check the springs and then move on to suspension components. Once these are cleared, check the suspension subframe and then to chassis.

These are best done by workshops. Pull can be due to the tires and can be corrected by doing a rotation. Though since RT is sagging, the car should have pulled to RT and not to left, so i would kinda rule out the correlation between the two issues.

Last edited by Jaggu : 18th August 2009 at 18:30.
Old 18th August 2009, 19:19   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Hope you dont have any additional stuff like a heavy subwofer etc on the car?

So ruling out this, you need to check the shockers first on the RT side, both rear and front. If shockies are fine, check the springs and then move on to suspension components. Once these are cleared, check the suspension subframe and then to chassis.

These are best done by workshops. Pull can be due to the tires and can be corrected by doing a rotation. Though since RT is sagging, the car should have pulled to RT and not to left, so i would kinda rule out the correlation between the two issues.
No there is nothing in the boot.
the shoks are fine as I mentioned in my earlier post. But yes the springs are one thing I need to get checked.
Do the rear wheels of swift/dzire need alignment? I ask as some of you are mentioning camber.

Last edited by goandude : 18th August 2009 at 19:30.
Old 18th August 2009, 21:20   #25
Team-BHP Support

Nope no adjustable camber settings at the rear.
Old 29th August 2009, 14:55   #26
Senior - BHPian

now BMW too

Was googling to find out the cause of this lower right side and came up with a BMW M5 also having a similar problem. must be something to do with the spings. check this out and (drool over the shoes)

One side of car lower than the other? - Page 2 - The Unofficial BMW M5 Messageboard (m5board.com)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks