Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2011, 21:30   #31
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea Diesel Mileage Problem

Can you try putting the MID in instantaneous fuel consumption mode and see what are the readings shown when you are cruising at around 60KMPH?
Old 23rd December 2011, 11:52   #32
Senior - BHPian

I can give two points to check the actual milage which might have been covered earlier.

1. Take an empty stretch of road and drive in 5th gear with rpm at 1500, see the instantanous fe readings, what does it show
2. Fill the tank to auto stop and then run the car for couple of days then again go to the same pump preferrably the same machine and fill till auto stop. Find the difference of fuel filled and do the calculations with the kms run ideally read through the trip meter.

Take pictures on both counts and approach your TASS to have it checked if its still shows low. Your car will give FE right from day one as service does not do much, 1st service is just top ups, 2nd also the same unless any complaints are stated.
Old 23rd December 2011, 12:30   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunalgulati1234 View Post
Thanks for the response guys, i am pretty sure that the average is around 8 kmpl for city driving. I have even tried the full tank method and the average is truly around 8 kmpl. Even went to the Fiat Dealership in Faridabad (Tayal Motors), they checked the car and said everything was ok, but they refuse to help any further. Am not sure what i should do next. Am considering going to a mechanic elsewhere and asking him to do a through check of the car. Lets hope i can figure the problem out soon.

How did you do the full tank method?

I think the thread can be closed, it is obvious that he saw the FE in litres/100 km unit in his MID.

Can you post a picture of your MID showing 5 or 6 kmpl after a highway trip? (Not the instantaneous consumption but avg consumption) This will remove the confusion.

Kunalgulati, Can you please confirm? Since you noticed the drop in the figure during highway trip, it should be in litres/100Km unit.

Your FE in km/l translates into about 20 kmpl then.

Last edited by clevermax : 23rd December 2011 at 12:46.
clevermax is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2012, 16:18   #34

Sorry for such a late reply. As pointed out by a lot of people initially i read the meter wrong, the setting was for ltrs/100 Kms. I have done almost 50000 Kms and although i have had minor issues with service i like the car over all.
kunalgulati1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2012, 09:31   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for such a late reply. As pointed out by a lot of people initially i read the meter wrong, the setting was for ltrs/100 Kms.
Now that I have a new Linea Multijet, even I have the average consumption shown in l/100km.

Can I change the setting or always apply the formula
Millage = 100 / Liters shown
to get the consumption per liter???

e.g. 8 L/100Km is shown in average consumption then the millage would be
100/8 = 12.5km/Liter??

Is my calculations correct???
Old 18th July 2012, 10:16   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modifiedsachin View Post
Now that I have a new Linea Multijet, even I have the average consumption shown in l/100km.

Can I change the setting or always apply the formula
Millage = 100 / Liters shown
to get the consumption per liter???

e.g. 8 L/100Km is shown in average consumption then the millage would be
100/8 = 12.5km/Liter??

Is my calculations correct???
Modifiedsachin, your calculation above is correct. You can change the settings to indicate kms/litre in the settings menu. Scroll the settings menu and you will be able to locate it easily.
Old 14th March 2014, 20:20   #37
BHPian

something doesn't add up…..I had a diesel Punto (75 bhp) and it returned 12Kms/litre in town & 15kmpl out of town with some aggressive driving.
This was followed in 2011 by a diesel Linea (90 bhp) which bettered the Punto at 14kmpl in town and 17kmpl out of town, even now at 50,000 Kms+.
I am now looking at the new face lifted Linea….Beautiful car !!!!
Suggest you check tank full to tank full over a few weeks and average it out.

Quote:
I purchased the emotion pack model of Linea Diesel on the 24th of July and have driven the car for about 3500 kms since (mostly city driving), but my FE has never gone over 8kmpl. What's worse is that for the first time when i took it on the highway (about 300kms journey) my FE dropped further to 5.5 kmpl. People at TATA say that the car has no problems, but I cant imagine the average from the 1.3 litre multijet engine to be so low. I desperately need advise on what i should do.
Old 14th March 2014, 21:58   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shramik View Post
something doesn't add up…..I had a diesel Punto (75 bhp) and it returned 12Kms/litre in town & 15kmpl out of town with some aggressive driving.
This was followed in 2011 by a diesel Linea (90 bhp) which bettered the Punto at 14kmpl in town and 17kmpl out of town, even now at 50,000 Kms+.
I am now looking at the new face lifted Linea….Beautiful car !!!!
Hi! The meter actually showed L/100km instead of km/l. The OP has realised the same and posted as follows :

Quote:
Sorry for such a late reply. As pointed out by a lot of people initially i read the meter wrong, the setting was for ltrs/100 Kms. I have done almost 50000 Kms and although i have had minor issues with service i like the car over all.
Btw @kunalgulati, my '09 Linea MJD has done 68K kms and is giving ~16-17kmpl on highways with mostly sedate driving. I used to often achieve 22+kmpl staying at 2000RPM in 5th gear. Whenever next possible, try and check whats the best mileage yours can do.
Old 15th March 2014, 12:48   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shramik View Post
something doesn't add up…..
Do you realise Shramik that you're replying a post of Sept'09 in Mar'14.
Old 15th March 2014, 12:58   #40
BHPian

Oh !! Actually, I didn't realize it till you mentioned it !! Apologies to all !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Do you realise Shramik that you're replying a post of Sept'09 in Mar'14.
Old 1st June 2014, 20:23   #41
BHPian

I just acquired a Fiat Linea 09 with 51k on the odo with ridiculous 225/60/15 tyres. When I got the vehicle the average FE was 20.1 as it was mainly used for highway runs.

Now with my mostly highway running for about 2k kms it's settled at 18.6 kmpl.

Is this what's normal? Keep in mind the tyres are a 5%upsize.
Old 2nd June 2014, 22:11   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
A stock Linea can barely manage these economy numbers.

It is hard to believe that the car delivers such economy with over specified tires. An over sized tire will lead to early wear and tear of suspension related components. Not to forget, the additional drag will over load the clutch, engine, drive shafts, etc.

Please switch back to stock specification, that is, 195/60 R15. The Linea handles quite well even with stock tire specification.
sandeepmohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2014, 22:56   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just acquired a Fiat Linea 09 with 51k on the odo with ridiculous 225/60/15 tyres. When I got the vehicle the average FE was 20.1 as it was mainly used for highway runs.

Now with my mostly highway running for about 2k kms it's settled at 18.6 kmpl.

ARE YOU SERIOUS WITH THAT UPSIZE ? Sorry for the caps, but if the stock size is 195/60/R15, the Upsize for 225 would be 225/45/R15, how are you running with such a wrong upsize ? And that is some serious over tyring your car with those 225. Please shift back to 195's and that too with 60 profile.
humyum is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 00:34   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post

A stock Linea can barely manage these economy numbers.

It is hard to believe that the car delivers such economy with over specified tires. An over sized tire will lead to early wear and tear of suspension related components. Not to forget, the additional drag will over load the clutch, engine, drive shafts, etc.

Please switch back to stock specification, that is, 195/60 R15. The Linea handles quite well even with stock tire specification.
These are numbers from the MID. I'm in the midst of writing an ownership thread. Will post more details and my experience with the tyres
Old 12th June 2014, 16:23   #45
BHPian

Quote:
These are numbers from the MID. I'm in the midst of writing an ownership thread. Will post more details and my experience with the tyres
Loss of power - 2010 Linea 1.3, 90 bhp….
Since my Linea was new, I have been experiencing intermittent loss of turbo boost, perhaps once in a few thousand Kms. It appears out of the blue, and at this time, the car struggles to reach even 2000 rpm. It was pretty unnerving at first, especially when you are on the highway, or in town navigating a slight incline, as you cannot even overtake an auto rickshaw !!! Repeated visits to the dealers' workshop (KHT Motors) failed to show up the problem during their cheeks, as it often happens. Once while I was driving on the highway, it occured to me that this could be an electronic issue related to the EMU which decides when the turbo kicks in, & being variable geometry one, at which degree of thrust. So, I pulled up, switched off, waited for a few seconds, and re started. The engine came on full power almost immediately. The car has now done 57,000 Kms, and this problem still persists every few Kms without any pattern. Hoses, turbo, electriclas have all been checked by the competent people at KHT but everyone is at a loss as to why this happens.
Can anyone assist ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks