Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2009, 22:27   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svaid View Post
it will take 7-10 days for the battery replacement
7-10 days in completely ridiculous, when they have already checked and declared it faulty. They should replace it in 1 day.
Old 2nd November 2009, 01:07   #17
Senior - BHPian

Seriously. Why do they need a week to replace a battery, of all things? You are way too calm here.
Old 2nd November 2009, 10:02   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Seriously. Why do they need a week to replace a battery, of all things? You are way too calm here.

hmm...now this is real bad from exide.

My APC UPS (500 VA) conked off not once, not twice, but 4 times (later I traced it to a faulty wiring in my switchboard), and also was on fire (literally) once. Every time APC responded within 48 hours to either change the battery, the circuit board or the whole UPS - at my home. Talk of service!
I bought out this comparison as both companies deal with something to do with batteries/inverters/power backups etc.
Old 2nd November 2009, 13:06   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
I am not satisfied with the overall experience. This is not because of this 7-10 days thing but because of the fact that the procedure to get the service/replacement battery is not straight forward. Additionally I also hope this information is useful to fellow members in case they face any similar situation.

Also note that the guys who had come were from their BATMOBILE sevice - they are authorized to check but not replace with a brand new battery. The replacement is only done once the battery is checked at the Okhla office and verdict is given on the same. Funny as it may sound - but thats how they have set the things up

The bottomline is that the issue for the time being has been resolved and I hope stern follow-up on phone a couple of times should do the job for me.

I will keep you guys posted on further developments. In case you guys are aware of any email etc of EXIDE - let me know so that I can do that followup as well.
Old 25th November 2009, 11:12   #20
BHPian

Further discussion on this thread can be viewed @
Old 25th November 2009, 11:16   #21
Senior - BHPian

May be the one in your car was faulty.
My Accent is still running on stock battery(Exide)after 4+ years
***touchwood***
Old 25th November 2009, 15:29   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
May be the one in your car was faulty.
My Accent is still running on stock battery(Exide)after 4+ years
***touchwood***
You are fortunate to have old EXIDE batteries. Now the quality have come down. It goes kaput within a year.
Amaron is the best in the market now.
Old 9th November 2012, 09:22   #23
BHPian

Issue with i10 starting

Hi Folks

Need some help. On some days my i10 kappa just wont start, basically on turning the ignition i hear the starter kick in but the engine just wont start. No problem with headlights or any thing else at this point. Then i wait for 5 minutes and try again if i am lucky then it will start. Some characteristics of the problem

1. this problem has occurred only when the car is switch off for about 8 hours usually in the morning when i am going to office or in the evening when i am returning from office.

2. Once the engine starts then there is no issue. Meaning i can switch off and it will start again and there is no problem.

3. Battery does not seem to be a problem because the lights work fine and if battery was the issue shouldnt it be consistent meaning after facing the problem if i switch of and on again there is no problem

4. When the engine starts the first time when i am facing this problem, it starts very gradually, meaning for a few seconds the starter is running then as though each part of the engine is coming alive individually the engine noise starts feebly and then picks up till it fully starts.

5. Gave it for servicing last week and they could not find any issue with it at all.

6. the car was purchased in July 2009 and has done only 13K kms. Havent changed the battery as yet.

Any ideas on what could be the issue ??
Old 9th November 2012, 11:12   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Issue with i10 starting

Most probably Battery only.
Cheap check, it is.
Ask any FNG to connect another one and see.
Lights and all can function on lesser than the starter.
Starter requires considerably more juice.

When you say the service centre couldnt find any fault, were you able to replicate the problem for them?
If you werent, then guaranteed they didnt check.
Old 9th November 2012, 12:48   #25
Senior - BHPian

It is a clear case of worn out gears on the starter motor or the crankshaft. Get it checked and your issue will be sorted out.
Old 9th November 2012, 12:51   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinu_joseph View Post
Hi Folks

Need some help. On some days my i10 kappa just wont start, basically on turning the ignition i hear the starter kick in but the engine just wont start.
Well I don't have any answer to your questions. But thought I'd mention what happens to my 6 month old i10 AT when the car is started after long gap of non use.

When the car is started after after a gap of say 3 days or more, the car starts on first crank, but the engine hesitates a lot. Almost as if the engine is going to die. THis continues for a about a minute or so, then the engine settles to a normal idle. I am sure I won't be able to replicate these symptoms during second service which is overdue.
Old 9th November 2012, 13:18   #27
Senior - BHPian

There could be lot of reasons, start be eliminating each

1. Battery
2. Starter motor
3. Fuel pump
4. Fuel pump pipe.

First one is easiest to check.
Old 9th November 2012, 14:20   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinu_joseph
Hi Folks

Need some help. On some days my i10 kappa just wont start, basically on turning the ignition i hear the starter kick in but the engine just wont start. No problem with headlights or any thing else at this point. Then i wait for 5 minutes and try again if i am lucky then it will start. Some characteristics of the problem

1. this problem has occurred only when the car is switch off for about 8 hours usually in the morning when i am going to office or in the evening when i am returning from office.

Any ideas on what could be the issue ??
My friend had a ditto problem with his indica diesel,no one was able to diagnose it for quite a few days and finally the culprit was tappets/tapid(whatever it is called) ,some kind of adjustment is to be done. I don't know if the same logic can apply to a petrol car.

Are you sure that battery is not the problem. Get a spare battery from somewhere and use it for a day to rule out the battery. Or if you have another car you can swap the batteries if same.
Recently the battery of my getz refused to start the car on some occasions although the lights, horn everything worked fine. And finally gave up after a week but still the lights were good.

Last edited by k2max6 : 9th November 2012 at 14:22.
Old 9th November 2012, 14:31   #29
BHPian

Re: Hyundai i10 - Starting Problem

@jinu_joseph - I think battery could be the potential problem apart from fuel pump. Take your car to any roadside auto shop guy and get the battery cell gravity checked.
Worst case - if you are not able to narrow the problem, take your car to a Hyundai service centre in the evening and leave it there for them to test and diagnose the next morning.

BTW - just realized I started this thread . Update from my end that 3 months back, the second Exide battery ( which was replaced as per the previous updates in this thread after the first one conked off in 11 months ) also gave up. I have finally replaced it with Amaron. Hopefully - it should serve me well now. In nutshell -my experience with Exide has been disappointing.
Old 9th November 2012, 17:00   #30
BHPian

Re: Hyundai i10 - Starting Problem

HI folks thanks for all the advice. I will check and update. Could the starter motor be the issue because every time i turn the iginition i can hear the starter but not the engine and when the engine fires up, it does so real slowly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks