Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2009, 23:27   #1
BHPian

No more punctures for the rest of your tyre's life

Been to my friends place today and were discussing about cars obviously. An omni came with stickers on it saying no more punctures and we could see a picture of a tyre with loads and loads of nails in it. I went to him and asked him what its all about, The guy was kind enough to give me a demo of what its all about. After looking at his demo I'm very much impressed and i decided to get this treatment done to my tyres too. He placed a plank with 2nails piercing out from it and made the van go on the nails, I could see nails going into the tyre and coming out but there was no air leaking at all. He even took a 6mm nail and using a hammer forced it into the tyre filled with air, Then he took the nail out of the tyre and rotated the tyre once. and surprisingly nothing happened, there was no air leakage at all.
All they do is just fill a gell kind of thing in the tyre/tube and it seals the air gaps if any exist. You wont even know that a puncture happened when you are on a drive. the company's name is tyre-o-protector and the product is from germany as said by the executive who gave me the demo. It's an on site service and they wont charge for that.
The price is also pretty decent. For my 165/60 R13s he quoted 2160 for four tyres. The price is calculated depending on the tyre size.
kingofmyworld is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2009, 04:37   #2
Senior - BHPian

this only works for small holes and once the gel-like liquid dries up it is ineffective.
Old 22nd November 2009, 05:26   #3
BHPian

Wasnt this first tried in TVS scooty pep. I really dont know about the success of the technology but then TVS claimed that its only effective for small punctures eg nails (which is the primary reason).
Old 22nd November 2009, 05:34   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rranjith_kum View Post
Wasnt this first tried in TVS scooty pep. I really dont know about the success of the technology but then TVS claimed that its only effective for small punctures eg nails (which is the primary reason).
That was tuff up tube,

This is more like Tyre Slime,I had used one such thing once(forgot the brand),and it worked perfectly,till tyre wore out.
Old 22nd November 2009, 05:56   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

See another thread on this. I have also done SLIME treatment and it as been holding on pretty well.
Old 22nd November 2009, 06:48   #6
Senior - BHPian

I have seen this treatment in local stores. It says it stays liquid in tyres. How does it affect the wheel dynamics at high speeds?
Old 22nd November 2009, 07:10   #7
Senior - BHPian

Doesn't affect. The slime, due to centrifugal force, spreads out against the outer surface of the tyre evenly.
Old 22nd November 2009, 08:18   #8
Senior - BHPian

decent price? slime was 900 bucks a couple of years back. you got OVERCHARGED!
Old 22nd November 2009, 08:34   #9
BHPian

With the tubeless tyres around, this i feel is useless, since we will never spend Rs.2160 on punctures over the entire life of tyres, or maybe two sets of tyres's life, or three too !
Old 22nd November 2009, 08:59   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
With the tubeless tyres around, this i feel is useless, since we will never spend Rs.2160 on punctures over the entire life of tyres, or maybe two sets of tyres's life, or three too !
its not about how much we spend on punture repairs its about avoiding changing your flat tyre on a rainy night all alone when you are maybe coming back after a hard day at work and a harder night after partying.
prices seem steep but then conviniences were never cheap
Old 22nd November 2009, 09:00   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
It isnt
Mind it tubeless arent puncture proof,and slime reduces the chance of getting stranded due to a flat.
Old 22nd November 2009, 09:07   #12
BHPian

I heard that the tyre becomes harder if this Slime is used. Is it true ?
Old 22nd November 2009, 11:37   #13
BHPian

I think this is the same thing which comes as a standard fitment in the Honda Activa tyres... It works quite well in that throughout the life... It also has some gel in the tyres which is available in the market as well...
Old 22nd November 2009, 16:53   #14
BHPian

What if you are crusing at highspeeds and a nail gets into you tyre and due to air leakage, disasters may happen. If you have this in your tyres then not completely but at least till an extent the disaster can be recduced.
Old 22nd November 2009, 17:23   #15
BHPian

When scooters such as Honda Activa and Scooty get this slime OEM ,I dont get why car manufacturers are not offering them?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks