Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2009, 12:42   #16
BHPian

Seems like a very serious problem with your NHC, as I don't have any problem till date and I am using my ANHC from 25th March 2009. Have a look on it.
Attached Thumbnails
Poor rubber & plastic quality on ANHC :(-15122009001.jpg  

Poor rubber & plastic quality on ANHC :(-15122009002.jpg  

Poor rubber & plastic quality on ANHC :(-15122009004.jpg  

Last edited by hiren959 : 15th December 2009 at 12:44.
Old 15th December 2009, 13:14   #17
Senior - BHPian

@ Nirmal, a very sad thing to spot on the ANHC when you are paying the extra premium.

Simply bad QC & Materials used.
Old 15th December 2009, 22:11   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Based on the pictures , it seems like the external plastic and the water runs going through the door sills are affecting the plastic and rubber parts .
The gaskets on the door are made of EPDM Sponge. Nothing short of acid will corrode / damage it.

It a bad batch of gaskets. By the looks of it, the gasket is undercured...

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 18th December 2010 at 20:16. Reason: Fixed the quote tags.
Old 18th December 2009, 21:20   #19
BHPian

Thanks to all of you for your responses ! I was held up in office meetings and presentations this whole week, could hardly log in and boy, am i glad that Friday is here !!

Some good news, the dealer Customer Relations Manager called me yesterday and told me that Honda apologizes for the quality issues that im facing and they are replacing the entire set of :

1.Rubber weatherstrips
2.Mirror housing which is faded
(under warranty)

While I do admire their quick response and the admission that it is a quality issue, i still can't digest the fact that this had to happen with a car like the Honda City, which customers buy with a lot of trust and do shell out a considerable premium over its segment competition.

The 05' City which we had previously had no such issues and the beige plastic feel, color & texture were much superior to this model.

I do notice many cars with faded mirror housings, maybe its a problem with the initial lot of cars ? I don't know of any recall of the mirror housings or beading's, but if anyone does notice a problem, a visit to the nearest dealer is recommended
Old 18th December 2010, 14:07   #20
BHPian

Re: Poor rubber & plastic quality on ANHC :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Absolutely shocking and a disgrace to Honda. After all, customers pay the 1.5 lakh rupee premium on the car for quality. And then this?

I do know that the initial batches of ANHC's were affected with poor plastic / rubber quality, which Honda acknowledged and rectified later. Irrespective, such a glaring lapse in quality is inexplicable. Our reviews also indicate that the interior quality of the ANHC is not in the league of the NHC. For the record, my '03 OHC still has all of its original plastic & rubber parts intact. Honda better realise that it is able to charge higher prices only because of a superior product, but such instances will do their bit in tarnishing their reputation.

@ Nirmal : Do what needs to be done and get all inferior parts replaced. Send an email containing a link to this thread to all Honda & dealer personnel.
GTO,

Are the same vendors supplying these parts to all the manufacturers ?
Going by the appearance and quality, as also the fast track deterioration one assumes that this is so.
And this is peculiar to India, mainly.
I do not notice this elsewhere, but then again I may be wrong.
Old 18th December 2010, 17:09   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Thanks to all of you for your responses ! I was held up in office meetings and presentations this whole week, could hardly log in and boy, am i glad that Friday is here !!

Some good news, the dealer Customer Relations Manager called me yesterday and told me that Honda apologizes for the quality issues that im facing and they are replacing the entire set of :

1.Rubber weatherstrips
(under warranty)

While I do admire their quick response and the admission that it is a quality issue, i still can't digest the fact that this had to happen with a car like the Honda City, which customers buy with a lot of trust and do shell out a considerable premium over its segment competition.

The 05' City which we had previously had no such issues and the beige plastic feel, color & texture were much superior to this model.

I do notice many cars with faded mirror housings, maybe its a problem with the initial lot of cars ? I don't know of any recall of the mirror housings or beading's, but if anyone does notice a problem, a visit to the nearest dealer is recommended
Hey nirmal, congrats that the parts would be replaced by Honda. Like you have said, it's sad to see a car like Honda City having such issues, however the bright side is the attitude of the company. Terrific is the word for it according to me!

Drive safe & wax hard
Old 18th December 2010, 19:17   #22
Team-BHP Support

Well, the drastic condition of the rubber gaskets and the mirror cladding is slightly surprising.

Just curious, is it solely because of the quality of the factory-provided material is bad or some external conditions like the water used to wash the car etc.

I've got a 7-month old ANHC so just wondering if I could take some precautions!
Old 30th December 2010, 10:19   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Well, the drastic condition of the rubber gaskets and the mirror cladding is slightly surprising.

Just curious, is it solely because of the quality of the factory-provided material is bad or some external conditions like the water used to wash the car etc.

I've got a 7-month old ANHC so just wondering if I could take some precautions!
Hi libranof,

I believe that Honda has more than one OEM supplier for parts like this and probably supplies from one or more suppliers are of somewhat deteriorated quality than the others.

Though external conditions you mention can cause some grief, I am not inclined to attribute the entire issue to the conditions alone. The reason being, we started to see discoloration of external plastic components on my AHNC (bought in Dec, 2009) which is an year old now and also in a 3 month old ANHC bought in Chennai both under different conditions.

Do take a look at this thread(http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2191024) as the same topic is being discussed in detail there. I will also post a detailed note on my ANHC thread during the coming weekend about this.

Thanks,
Kalyan

Last edited by kalyan_hyd : 30th December 2010 at 10:21.
Old 30th December 2010, 10:35   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post

1.Rubber weatherstrips
(under warranty)

Hi Nirmal,

I am starting to see the discoloration of mirror housings on my 1 year old ANHC-V MT bought in Hyderabad. The same is the case with another 3-month ANHC owned in Chennai. The outcome looks very similar to the pictures you have posted of your car.

I plan to complain to Honda and my A.S.S. about this. In this regard, I would like to seek your advice on where all can one/ should one complain about this. A few places I can think of are Honda one-to-one, Honda Feedback, my Honda A.S.S. Do help me out with other actions I can initiate.

Thanks,
Kalyan
Old 30th December 2010, 12:27   #25
BHPian

Hi Kalyan, I suggest you to directly complain to Honda One to One & also parallely show the same to the dealer for a warranty replacement. Honda One to One had called me & offered to replace the mirror housings, discolored plastics & rubber beading FREE OF CHARGE ! Please also do put it in writing to the dealership & you can include a link to this thread too to further strengthen your case. All the best & do keep us posted !
Old 30th December 2010, 13:35   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quite strange and sad to see that. So you have got it all replaced now?

This could be a one of case. Not sure, but have not seen it else where thus far. Remember reading another thread a while ago of someones Polo showing very similar signs of problems, and at a very short time frame at that
Old 30th December 2010, 13:51   #27
BHPian

Dream catcher - Honda was quick to admit to the issue & offered the free replacement of all the defective parts. The only issue was with the dealership who were in a state of confusion. It does not seem to be an isolated case as i have seen other cars having the same issues with discoloration, especially the Mirror housing.
Old 30th December 2010, 14:35   #28
Senior - BHPian

Good to know that you parts have been replaced under warranty, I remember being a part of dicussion where a member from Bangalore faced the SAME issue with his father's Polo. Wonder what is going wrong, I am sure this is not the problem with all the cars, so why only few cars face this? What should we suspect here-

External Conditions?

Manufacturing defects (can we call them so?) Aren't these plastic procured in mass? If yes, what is the probability that such defects as above creep in?

What say guys?

here is the link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...just-name.html

Last edited by anilisanil : 30th December 2010 at 14:37. Reason: added link
Old 30th December 2010, 15:29   #29
Senior - BHPian

Sad to hear that Nirmal. Is it happening to a batch of cars. That could be the probable cause, as these parts are procured in bulk and there could be something wrong with that batch
Old 31st December 2010, 00:15   #30

I am using ANHC for the last 6 months and have already done 12K km. I checked out after reading this thread. There is nothing that I noticed. May be this batch was faulty and am sure Honda guys know that well. That might be the reason why they heartily agreed to change them FoC. After paying such a huge amount of money for a Honda car, no one can take such kind of quality.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks