Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2009, 23:40   #16
BHPian

CCN, please refer to the manual supplied with the car. It will explain you the various settings and the do's and don't's. It is a common problem you are facing. Am sure you will find a solution there. Most of us do not know how to use the vent controls. If the problem persists, Please PM me, I will be glad to assist.

Ciao!
Old 14th December 2009, 23:45   #17
BHPian

Doest matter it causes the headache or not, I just cant drive/survive without a car heater in the severe weather conditions that we have here now. It was -48C with the wind chill few days ago and today its -31C.
Old 15th December 2009, 09:06   #18
BHPian

Tips used

Thanks everybody for the tips. I hadn't encountered this headache problem while using heating in the US mid west during winter, hence was curious to see how to solve this problem here in Bangalore. I tried these tips and found some relief:

- Car AC on so that there is no sticky feeling or sweating in the palms while driving (also helps in not getting fogged during rain)

- Outside air mode; I take in some pollution, but it goes away fast since outside air keeps coming in and going out ==> seems to make a big difference

- Car fan on level 1

- Heater on at the lowest level that is comfortable

- Car fan set to deflect the air to both face and feet so that whether it is hot air or cold air, it doesn't blow too much on the face

Before trying these, I kept the car windows on last week-end, kept the heating to maximum, and kept the engine on for 15-20 minutes so that any dirt in the vents go away / any bacteria etc. get taken care of. The slight bad smell in the car went away with this.

Thanks,
ccn
Old 10th August 2015, 12:33   #19

Re: Car heater causes headache

My 2010 model WagonR LXi has suddenly developed a snag in AC. While the cool setting (blue) work well, the heat setting (red) also gives out cool air.

Seniors, any help? Will friendly neighbourhood workmen do justice to the issue? Thanks in advance.
Old 10th August 2015, 12:48   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petropolitan View Post
My 2010 model WagonR LXi has suddenly developed a snag in AC. While the cool setting (blue) work well, the heat setting (red) also gives out cool air.

Seniors, any help? Will friendly neighbourhood workmen do justice to the issue? Thanks in advance.
There will be a valve which allows warm coolant to flow through a heater core in the HVAC Unit and thus generate warm air.

In your case, the valve must be jammed, get the car to an AC expert, he should be able to open and clean the valve. Worst case scenario, replace the valve.
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 13:11   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petropolitan View Post

I am quite sure that this place will fix it for you at not so exorbitant prices, provided the location suits you.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi-...den-delhi.html

PS: Friday closed.
Eddy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 13:31   #22
BHPian

Also had similar experience in the past. I guess this problem is not car specific but rather is experienced by most users, irrespective of the make of the car. Most of the people with whom I have discussed this issue have reported feeling nauseated along with heaviness in the head.

As a remedial measure, one should always keep the air vent open when the heater is on , so that the outside fresh air flows into the cabin (this is what the car manufactures suggest in the manual) and the heating should be set to lukewarm levels.
Old 10th August 2015, 13:58   #23
BHPian

As someone rightly pointed out , the hot air is dry and that makes the cabin really really dry . So keep the rear windows , slightly lowered and also keep the recirculation mode OFF . Let the car suck in some fresh air .

I used to have similar problem . So i started directing the hot air toward the legs . That way the cabin warms up gradually . When it starts getting hot and dry open the windows for a moment . Let some fresh air IN and then start the heater again . See if it helps .
Old 10th August 2015, 14:19   #24
BHPian

Manufacturers also suggest that the warm airflow should be directed towards the windscreen. That would spare it from getting fogged up, hence would ensure clear line of sight ahead.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks