Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2009, 17:09   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
No "problem" as such. Just that they have a better designed part now and hence are replacing it. It is a proactive action by Fiat and not a reaction. The current design of the clutch slave cylinder "may" develop a leak.
thanks amogh. My Linea is due for 2nd service shortly. I shall get it replaced if my VIN number comes under the replacement criteria.
Old 17th December 2009, 17:17   #17
BHPian

My car is done with the change. I am seeing a bit more zippiness when I accelerate from zero. It may be my perception but clutch is real smooth now.
Old 18th December 2009, 15:54   #18
Senior - BHPian

It is for punto also mate
Old 18th December 2009, 16:13   #19
BHPian

TASS has changed mine too.
I dont see any visible difference in either smoothness or zipiness. Maybe, i have not noticed the difference.
Old 19th December 2009, 23:56   #20
BHPian

Yes, we had to get our CSC in the Linea changed as well. It was very well carried out by our TASS and I waited for only 2 hours.
Old 20th December 2009, 21:32   #21
Team-BHP Support

does this apply to petrol as well as diesel lineas?
Old 20th December 2009, 22:02   #22
BHPian

Had some issues in my rear suspension.. some noise.. When I took it to the service station.. my clutch slave cylinder was replaced..

Good job FIAT in replacing it proactively.. meanwhile the suspension sound from rear has also been rectified.

Regards,
Sathya
Old 20th December 2009, 22:57   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
No "problem" as such. Just that they have a better designed part now and hence are replacing it. It is a proactive action by Fiat and not a reaction. The current design of the clutch slave cylinder "may" develop a leak.
I cannot paste the list. I had checked at my usual service station. I could see it because of the good relations I have with my service advisor. I suggest you go to your authorised service station and check the list they have.
That is contradictory!

If they have a "better designed part" now then why do they have only a particular list of Lineas to have the CSC replaced.

Mine is April 09 Linea and i havent got any intimation from TASS.

If this better designed part was available from a particular date, then FIAT would hace recalled all Lineas/ Puntos manufatured before a particular date. No list would have been required.
Old 21st December 2009, 02:46   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
does this apply to petrol as well as diesel lineas?
Yes it applies to both the petrol and diesel versions. Tell you what, it even applies to Punto.

@FastLove
I dont think that its a defective part but something that Fiat thought needs improvement. Now I dont know how Fiat came out with the list. Maybe the newer batches are exempted, maybe, I dnt know. Our's is Jan' manufactured and my story is here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1621605

And you get in touch with your TASS and get your VIN checked up. AFAIK our TASS (Hind Motors, Mohali) isn't calling up the cars but check the cars when they report to the service centre.

Last edited by firstguri : 21st December 2009 at 02:49.
Old 21st December 2009, 04:30   #25
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone have a photo showing both the old and new CSC?
Old 21st December 2009, 07:10   #26
Senior - BHPian

Clutch Slave Cylinder - Punto | Spares & Accessories | Car Forums - CarWale.com
here's a snap of the actual part that was replaced
Old 21st December 2009, 12:20   #27
Senior - BHPian

Hi all,

After replacing the CSS i have faced a small jerk while changing gear from 2nd to 3rd and some time there's no thrust after pressing gas pedal too.
Again,in any gear,Depress the clutch and release it without pressing Gas pedal while running i feel a jerk at the last.
Please check and let me know.
I don't know whether this is my perception or faulty CSS or not fitted properly.
I'll check it by this weekend most probably.
Old 21st December 2009, 13:45   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Hi all,

After replacing the CSS i have faced a small jerk while changing gear from 2nd to 3rd and some time there's no thrust after pressing gas pedal too.
Again,in any gear,Depress the clutch and release it without pressing Gas pedal while running i feel a jerk at the last.
Please check and let me know.
I don't know whether this is my perception or faulty CSS or not fitted properly.
I'll check it by this weekend most probably.
Well karthik even I expeience that slight jerk, but there is definitely a response from the engine when I press the acc' pedal.
Old 21st December 2009, 14:09   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
That is contradictory!

If they have a "better designed part" now then why do they have only a particular list of Lineas to have the CSC replaced.

Mine is April 09 Linea and i havent got any intimation from TASS.

If this better designed part was available from a particular date, then FIAT would hace recalled all Lineas/ Puntos manufatured before a particular date. No list would have been required.
Do you really believe in the better designed part story? There should be a defect which they are trying to correct.
Maybe you should also 'pro-actively' call TASS and find out about your car !
Old 21st December 2009, 14:26   #30
BHPian

Hi Everyone, I got my Punto's Clutch Slave cylinder replaced last month, when my car went to TASS for under boady coat. They hardly took 30 minutes to do so, so it's better we got it done in front of us.
I can feel the clutch is bit more smoother than before, but not any drastic changes.
I appreciate Fiat's proactiveness in replacing a part which they only suspect (read suspect) may cause problem in future.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks