Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2012, 21:53   #46
BHPian

Re: Clutch Slave Cylinder replacement in Linea - Cars Recalled

How very fortunate we were today , me and my family with our 2 month old daughter were returning from Mysore and well guess what, as I drove into the parking space by the side of the road at Kamat Lokaruchi , Ramnagaram my clutch bailed out on me! A total dead pedal!! What if this happened while I was on the highway driving at speeds in excess of 80kmh no where close to civilization!

The fortunate part, I could call for a taxi and send my family home safely while I expected to wait for 2 hours for a tow truck or a mechanic, and fortunately a mechanic from the Mysore road dealer was kind enough to ride out all the way to the point with the part in hand and fixed it on the spot, however I did have to tip him generously for his service.

Wish Fiat which was aware of this issue had been a lot more aggressive with its dealers or proactive in taking the lead and informing its 2009 customers asking them to come in for a replacement rather than depend on its dealership network to communicate! I love my Linea , no doubt about it, but am a tad bit disappointed as well...

Last edited by pranava999 : 7th April 2012 at 21:58. Reason: Typos
Old 8th April 2012, 11:11   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
How very fortunate we were today , me and my family with our 2 month old daughter were returning from Mysore and well guess what, as I drove into the parking space by the side of the road at Kamat Lokaruchi , Ramnagaram my clutch bailed out on me! A total dead pedal!! What if this happened while I was on the highway driving at speeds in excess of 80kmh no where close to civilization!

The fortunate part, I could call for a taxi and send my family home safely while I expected to wait for 2 hours for a tow truck or a mechanic, and fortunately a mechanic from the Mysore road dealer was kind enough to ride out all the way to the point with the part in hand and fixed it on the spot, however I did have to tip him generously for his service.

Wish Fiat which was aware of this issue had been a lot more aggressive with its dealers or proactive in taking the lead and informing its 2009 customers asking them to come in for a replacement rather than depend on its dealership network to communicate! I love my Linea , no doubt about it, but am a tad bit disappointed as well...
So the CSC was never replaced in your linea since 2009?
how many kms you have on your car's odo?
1.4 or MJD?
Old 8th April 2012, 15:25   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
So the CSC was never replaced in your linea since 2009?
how many kms you have on your car's odo?
1.4 or MJD?
Nopes I don't think it has been. The Linea is not our primary drive its meant only for outstation drives. Its done just 14,000 kms and its the petrol version!
Old 10th June 2016, 16:01   #49
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I need some expert advise, One of my friend is facing problem with his Linea, Seems like the car is posing problem while picking-up. As per him, there is some problem with turbo charge unit , Not working as expected.

After consulting FASS (Jay-Vijay motors, Shivaji Nagar,Pune), they said the whole clutch plate unit need a replacement as its has worn off completely.

Is it possible for a car which is just one year old and cloaked only 10K KM ?
Jaeger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2018, 13:58   #50
BHPian

I didn't about this issue. The slave cylinder in my linea also failed at 28400 kms after 2 years of ownership. Thank God I was stranded on the road few kms from my home and not in the jungle where I was coming from after along drive.

RSA Fiat after my complaint started telling my car is recorded as a T permit vehicle in their records and denied free RSA though it was still under warranty. After lot of arguments and sending photos to a WhatsApp number they provided they concluded it was private and then offered help.

As usual Davinder from Vroom Mumbai was very helpful. Quickly identified the issue over the phone and asked me to get the vehicle towed and assured me of FOC replacement under warranty. I felt diagnosis and replacement shouldn't take more than 20 minutes. But, it took me almost 24 hours from break down to coordinating with Fiat and RSA and Fiat etc to getting tired towed to finally replacing the part and getting it back on the road. Phewwwww. Slightly inefficient but all's well that ends well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks