Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2007, 19:23   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek_5 View Post
If the problem is what 1100D has mentioned then the jerking problem would be from the time I got the car. That would be since 2002. But as i sad the problem has just been there since a month. I feel it cannot be due to load on the engine.
Could it be the clutch by any chance ? Odometer reading is at 49000 kms.
Since it has actually covered this distance, lot of factors could be causing this now, as against earlier. Yours is a 2002 car and its already 5+years old, could be that the engine is not generating the torque it used to generate earlier at this particular rpm. Even the Clutch could be an issue, only if this jerk happens at the time of clutch release (the release is happening too soon). Can you compare the pollution test readings now vs earlier?
Old 2nd August 2007, 19:43   #17
BHPian

I had a similar problem in my 1.2 elx 2001.. i got the fan belt checked, injectors cleaned, and throttle body cleaned and the prob vanished away...
Old 2nd August 2007, 20:33   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by passionpurple View Post
hi.. i own a Palio 1.2 nv elx.

... experiencing jerking movements in the 2nd, 3rd and mildly in 4th gears on leaving the accelerator suddenly. they last for 2 to 3 seconds, and this problem happens only between 1500-2500 rpms..
i too had a similar problem couple of months back, i didn't give much heed to it & one fine morning the fuel injector Error Icon lighted up.... & after replacing one of the injector every thing is fine.

don't know why the fuel injector gave up i always fill fuel @ shell Near ITPL Whitefield .
Old 3rd August 2007, 14:43   #19
Senior - BHPian

i did face the jerk - then i started smoothing out the clutch acc transition esp at low speeds. the really high torque tempts you to let the cluch go- and the acceleration happens natuarlly - when you touch the acc after that it jerks. So now i started using the cluth- and the problem seems to have been elimnitated.

@1100D - you explanation makes a lot of sense - i suspected it to be the jerking due to the chain reaction. The car jumps a little- the leg hits the acc- that makes the car jump- and so on ... using the clutch in that way - helped a lot.

btw: for the record - i have a 2006 palio NV with 11000 KMs on the Odo.
Old 29th October 2010, 12:19   #20
BHPian

Palio 1.9D Jerking problems

Of late, i am starting to see similar problems with my Palio 1.9D

About two weeks back, i saw a small pool of oil below my car, it turned out that the clutch master cylinder was leaking and the clutch-pedal was going all the way inside without actually engaging the clutch. Since i had to catch a train, i thought of attending to the problem at a later date. After coming back from my 2 Week trip, called up KHT motors to tow the vehicle and replace the master cylinder.

The master cylinder was replaced, but soon after i received the vehicle, the very same day in the evening, i started feeling jerks while releasing the clutch. After a few jerks, the gear would get engaged and the car would drive smoothly. Needless, to say my vehicle on which i was proud to shift gears and wouldn't miss any opportunity to downshift was suddenly giving me zero confidence in shifting gears. Checked the air-pressure on the tyres as well as any leakage from the mastercylinder, etc.

Called up KHT motors and took the vehicle after a day. A test drive by the mechanic, claimed that the clutch plate has probably worn off and the entire clutch kit needs to be replaced and if required the flywheel as well. I am in two minds, since the clutch was absolutely fine about a month back with no slippage and no untowards behavior until the leakage showed up.

I must admit here that one of my smart neighbors tried to engage the first gear while trying to move the vehicle, since his vehicle was being blocked by my vehicle. (Typical apartment parking woes.) I wasn't around that time and my wife gave away the keys without knowing the problem.

Mine is a second hand vehicle that i bought in Sept 2007 and i have clocked 25K kms so far. Total Kms on the vehicle is 70K Kms since Apr 2003. I have no knowledge about previous clutch plate service. on this vehicle.

Anyways, I would appreciate any feedback from the forum on how to go about fixing this problem and from where in bangalore? I live in Kalyan nagar and used to do my servicing at Prerana motors on OMR until they closed fiat service recently. I am beginning to lose my confidence in KHT motors. Any help or suggestions are welcome.
Old 29th October 2010, 13:19   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man23ish View Post
I would appreciate any feedback from the forum on how to go about fixing this problem and from where in bangalore? I live in Kalyan nagar and used to do my servicing at Prerana motors on OMR until they closed fiat service recently. I am beginning to lose my confidence in KHT motors. Any help or suggestions are welcome.

@man23ish,

Talk to Venkatesh from Gowri Motors(9379192193) to understand the real problem. This guy is an expert on Retro Palios and have seen him fixing all sorts of problem that Concorde or KHT could not fix. Many of our Bangalore TBHPians do visit his workshop. You can check out few palio threads.
Old 8th February 2011, 12:52   #22
BHPian

Re: palio jerking problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravikn View Post
@man23ish,

Talk to Venkatesh from Gowri Motors(9379192193) to understand the real problem. This guy is an expert on Retro Palios and have seen him fixing all sorts of problem that Concorde or KHT could not fix. Many of our Bangalore TBHPians do visit his workshop. You can check out few palio threads.
Thanks Ravi for the quick response, unfortunately, i have not been very active on TBHP for a while. (I know i need to imbibe some good habits :-)

Well, changed the clutch-kit last month at KHT motors (closest to home). But i plan to meet Venkatesh this weekend.

Thanks for the help mate.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks