Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2005, 13:29   #1
BHPian

palio jerking problems

hi.. i own a Palio 1.2 nv elx.

Since the last three weeks I have been experiencing jerking movements in the 2nd, 3rd and mildly in 4th gears on leaving the accelerator suddenly. they last for 2 to 3 seconds, and this problem happens only between 1500-2500 rpms..

the people in the fiat service centre say that it is normal but this problem was non existant 3 weeks ago..

Anyone please advice
Old 27th August 2005, 13:48   #2
BANNED

Hey, I logged on to put the same post. I'm having the same problem .. It started about 2 days back !! Also wat r the signs to look for if my clutch plate needs changing .. Im still running with the original ones and I have clocked about 55K

cheers
Old 27th August 2005, 14:59   #3
BANNED

passionpurple - how much has your car run? And when was the last time you had the spark plugs and MPFI HT cables changed?
Old 27th August 2005, 20:01   #4
Team-BHP Support

Please check the quality of Fuel that has gone recently in the fuel tank. Bad fuel can cause jerks.
Old 30th August 2005, 19:14   #5
BHPian

to hrag-- I have done about 15000 kms. spark plugs were checked some two weeks back at service station. i had also complained that the car has this problem. they said that the problem is normal with this car but it is really irritating..

what is mpfi ht cables? and are they checked in a routine service?
Old 30th August 2005, 19:16   #6
BHPian

to hrag-- I have done about 15000 kms. spark plugs were checked some two weeks back at service station. i had also complained that the car has this problem. they said that the problem is normal with this car but it is really irritating..

what is mpfi ht cables? and are they checked in a routine service?
Old 30th August 2005, 19:17   #7
BHPian

a generally use SPEED. 95% times.. what do you recommend?
Old 30th August 2005, 19:22   #8
BHPian

hi.. nice knowing that I have company.. please keep me informed about what progress you are making.. wishing you good luck..

about the clutch, I do not know in detail but there is a good message written in this same forum.
Old 1st August 2007, 17:44   #9

palio jerking

Hi guys I was just going through this thread and my palio seemes to have the exactly same problem since the last month or so. I have got the HT wires, spark plugs and also the fuel pump changed and the problem still exixts. Has any one faced this before ? It is really irritatin at times

I have also changed the air and petrol filters got the injectors cleaned. everything else seems to be perfect except for the jerking problem when I take my foot off the accelerator on the second and third gears. And yes I own a 1.2 elx 2002 model.
Any help would be appericiated

Regards
Old 1st August 2007, 22:00   #10
Senior - BHPian

One solution is use normnal fuel and see if that helps. Also try filling from reputed Bunk. If still problem persists take your car to service centre. This is what dealership suggested when we have jerk issues in the car.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 1st August 2007, 23:00   #11
Senior - BHPian

I have a simmilar issue with my 1.6 Adventure. THis has been discussed on the thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...adventure.html

Would appreciate if you guys oculd confirm if in your case too there are simmilar problems.
Old 2nd August 2007, 00:12   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
I have a simmilar issue with my 1.6 Adventure. THis has been discussed on the thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...adventure.html

Would appreciate if you guys oculd confirm if in your case too there are simmilar problems.
I read thru the entire thread. I also read of the extensive analysis done, that the Fan kicks in at that particular rpm. I think I have a particular explanation for this, dont know how convincing it will be.

First of all, the Palio makes its peak torque quite high in the Rev range and given that, 1300-1500 rpm pull from each gear is on lower side. The beauty of computer controlled Fuel injection is that it varies the air-fuel ratio based on the load requirements. Could be that, when you are normally accelerating at those rpms (flat ground or slope) the air-fuel ratio chosen by the ECU is at a certain level. But the moment the fan kicks-in (fan load - atleast when working mechanically thru engine pulley in older cars, is actually quite high) aditional load is put on the alternator, which loads up the engine (by means of back torque). Thus the Engine needs to be given a richer feed to keep accelerating.

This jerk that you sense could be, the additional loading slowing the engine down for a moment, before the ECU passes the richer fuel feed to stabilise the engine.

This is mostly attributed to the torque characteristic of that particular engine, coupled to your driving style (might not be felt by all palio owners as they might not be shifting that early). Now observe, does this happen more frequently on a cold engine than warm.

Last edited by 1100D : 2nd August 2007 at 00:17.
Old 2nd August 2007, 10:13   #13
Senior - BHPian

really interesting analysis 1100. I feel that should really answer the cause of the problem. I have never experienced this jerk above this particular rpm range. This means that above this level the fan coming on does not give unmaneagable load on the engine. I this you should be right.

The engine being cold or hot does not seem to have much effect here. But it does not happen after morning starts, probably becaouse the fan does not need to come on at this time.

Passion purple and khaadu. Could you guys check if you are also having anything simmilar so that we could probably try to see what your problem actually is.
Old 2nd August 2007, 13:30   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by passionpurple View Post
hi.. i own a Palio 1.2 nv elx.

Since the last three weeks I have been experiencing jerking movements in the 2nd, 3rd and mildly in 4th gears on leaving the accelerator suddenly. they last for 2 to 3 seconds, and this problem happens only between 1500-2500 rpms..

the people in the fiat service centre say that it is normal but this problem was non existant 3 weeks ago..

Anyone please advice
Get the fuel filter checked. Also use normal petrol along with systemG for a couple of fills and see if that helps.
Old 2nd August 2007, 16:32   #15

If the problem is what 1100D has mentioned then the jerking problem would be from the time I got the car. That would be since 2002. But as i sad the problem has just been there since a month. I feel it cannot be due to load on the engine.
Could it be the clutch by any chance ? Odometer reading is at 49000 kms.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks