Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2011, 18:20   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Pocket Rocket needs attention - GETZ Crdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
Hi @absynthguzzler, I am planning to purchase cabin air filter and install it myself. I believe I need to know the air flow direction, or is it usually marked on the filter? Since there are no filters inside, I am not sure about the orientation of the filter (direction of air flow). It will also help me if you can tell me whether the slanted part (show in the picture in my last post) is also present in your car and is slanted - I am afraid that part could have got slanted due to whatever the service guys did and if I just put the filter inside, there will still be a gap between that piece and filters. If that requires repair, I will go to a mechanic but not to the A.S.S center.

thanks!
Yup, it is marked on the filter - I recently cleaned mine, and I installed them back based on the direction mentioned on the filters.
Old 18th December 2011, 18:48   #47
BHPian

Well this has been happening on my Getz these days too. There seems to be a flat spot past 3K revs. Dustom can you please elaborate on how to test the turbo vgt valve - is this the solenoid valve which opens the variable vanes to control the boost pressure automatically?

The car does exactly 170kmph at 3500 revs and it does not pass it. It hits a road block there. It used to cross 170 with ease before. Things which i think would be the problem:
1. Water in fuel tank
2. VGT boost solenoid valve malfunctioning
3. Vacuum hoses of the turbo boost mechanism has leak
4. Fuel pump malfunctioning

Have i missed anything? Please give some pointers

Shyam

Last edited by ShyamSCrdi : 18th December 2011 at 18:51.
Old 18th December 2011, 19:04   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyamSCrdi View Post
Well this has been happening on my Getz these days too. There seems to be a flat spot past 3K revs. Dustom can you please elaborate on how to test the turbo vgt valve - is this the solenoid valve which opens the variable vanes to control the boost pressure automatically?

The car does exactly 170kmph at 3500 revs and it does not pass it. It hits a road block there. It used to cross 170 with ease before. Things which i think would be the problem:
1. Water in fuel tank
2. VGT boost solenoid valve malfunctioning
3. Vacuum hoses of the turbo boost mechanism has leak
4. Fuel pump malfunctioning

Have i missed anything? Please give some pointers

Shyam
hmm , ill tell what all ive tried and yet the problem is not sorted .
  1. All pipes and hoses checked for leaks.
  2. All clamps tightened
  3. IC cleaned.
  4. ECU battery pull for 20mins.
  5. VGT valve physically felt for the actuator shaft movement and what rpm its happening.
  6. timing belt tension checked.
  7. Clutch slippage checked - changed at 50k later.
  8. air filter and complete hoses cleaned.
I still experience the power blip around 1800-2200rpm. Its become pronounced now. Since my car has only 45k on the odo, the only possible fault i can imagine is the turbo. I never religiously followed the 1min idle principle and expect this to have had an effect on bearings................ but why only between 1800-2000???.

btw, you didnt mention if your problem happens at 3500rpm in all gears or only at 170mph in OD.
Old 18th December 2011, 19:35   #49
BHPian

The flat spot occurs in the 4th and 5th gear. I religiously follow the 1min before turn of sequence. No smoking in an gear.
Old 5th January 2012, 14:00   #50
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyamSCrdi View Post
The flat spot occurs in the 4th and 5th gear. I religiously follow the 1min before turn of sequence. No smoking in an gear.

You can check for 0-100 times of your car,it would give u clear indication what sort of power your motor is making.if there is any issue with turbo,boost leak etc,it would simply fail to get close to stock times.
Launch in 2nd and shift every time around 3700.
Its easy to get 11.5 secs.i guess if you get within 12,motor is pretty much good.
If you find your times tobe within range,and power loss is only with 4th and 5th,you can disconnect the sensor on the gearbox (gearselector box).without that sensor,ecu is devoid of in gear data,and engine is pretty much at peak tune in all gears.
Test your car if it can cros 170 then.
Do not discnt with engine running/ign on. And you would get much less FE without that sensor.
Also you really do not need to worry about idlin for a min before shut down,hardly matters with such easy duty turbos
dustom_99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2012, 12:04   #51
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
In my previous car (Getz) I had fitted pollen filter and plan to do the same now.
I have a Getz. Can you please share how to get this done for Getz?
Old 10th August 2012, 14:04   #52
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I have a Getz. Can you please share how to get this done for Getz?
Please refer to this post and following ones: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2234501
Old 9th March 2013, 19:44   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@absynthguzzler, I am equally surprised, as this is the first time I am trying a DIY for the AC filter and I did not even know how to open the glove box cover until I got the information in this thread. Since I am the first owner, no question of a previous owner doing that. The vertical cover that covered this area was there, but no other plastic pieces.

I strongly feel this has been done by someone at the service center, though there is no way I will be able to prove it. Now I believe they are capable of this, because the same Hyundai service center where I got a door dent repair done recently, they had wrongly connected some wires and my autocop was working incorrectly, which they fixed after I brought it to their notice. I am thinking of changing to a better service center now.

Attached is another picture showing the empty area with leaves.
Attachment 501042
I found that AC filter is missing from my Getz when I gave it to a AC repairing shop. I am the first owner. I wonder if it is missing from the factory itself as the issue is common.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks