Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2010, 10:58   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhall_gagan View Post
Nick, I think you should advise him against as, if in any case, he sells off his car to a person who stumbles upon it later, he will sure be in a lot of trouble.
Can you please tell me how?
95% of used cars in the market are being sold with tampered Odometers,some find it out later,and some dont.
if everybody started suing each other for this,then there would be no used car dealers
Old 9th June 2010, 10:59   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Well, I simply refuse to believe the above. I know a few lower segment used car dealer tamper with speedo, but True Value, I doubt they will do it unless the car is Gypsy, Baleno or Vitara, I mean, high profile cars in Maruti.
why not and why wouldnt they do the same for small cars if "you think" they can do with high profile cars??

when i purchased my zen in 2006, the a/c compressor was also not working fine, (it was making noise,) that time i didnt know what was wrong, i went to true value (magic auto, it was in hauz khas mkt, now shifted to dwarka), they told me that the ac makes this much noise and cooling is fine, as i didn't have any technical knowledge i agreed to it, but now when the noise increased and a/c's cooling wasn't effective the issue came out to be compressor bearings, and which is not repairable, & a new compressor will cost me around 8k, but i cant help it.

and a guy lives 2 blocks away from my place, was selling off his black esteem vxi 2005 model to me for 2.10 lacs, i found that the shockers were finished, a'c had some issue, engine was making noise, cosmetically car wasnt even in fair condition from inside, i went to him through a local car dealer, the car was done 70+k, when i refused to buy the car, the owner directly contacted to sell the car @ 1.95 lacs, i still refused,

know that the same car was sold at dwarka magic auto at 2.95lacs with odo of 40k, yeah i agree the car was made cosmetically good, dont know about a/c and shockers !!

i am here to share my experience, and not here to make stories outta no where !!!

Last edited by nick17s : 9th June 2010 at 11:01.
Old 9th June 2010, 11:06   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick17s View Post
why not and why wouldnt they do the same for small cars if "you think" they can do with high profile cars??
Because of not worth the effort/money they make.

Quote:
know that the same car was sold at dwarka magic auto at 2.95lacs with odo of 40k, yeah i agree the car was made cosmetically good, dont know about a/c and shockers !!
Quite possible because True Value services & replaces the parts in the car & naturally the price could go high. The place where they make profit is in the spares, labour & good will.

Quote:
i am here to share my experience, and not here to make stories outta no where !!!
Cool buddy, I never intend to say anyone could cook up stories. I was shocked to hear & couldn't believe True Value does this & hence the surprise.

PS - I still cannot believe True Value does cookup on odo. May be I've to start looking them in a different set of eyes. But, Thanks for the warning.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks