Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2010, 14:07   #1
BHPian

Remote locking system - Key fobs not working

My 7 year old Maruti 800 has a dealer fitted Maruti Nippon remote locking system. This system came with two key remote control units / fobs. For sometime now, both the units have stopped working - changed batteries, cleaned battery tip points, etc. - nothing seems to work. Apparently the Nippon units are outdated and spares are not available.

Technically though, it has turned from a remote locking to a central locking unit. I am able to open and close all doors from the driver's side with the main key, automatically locks / opens all doors when I turn on / off the ignition.

Is fixing a new remote locking system the only solution or is there a workaround for this. Any insights would be helpful.
Old 3rd June 2010, 15:13   #2
BANNED

Please upload a pic of the remote .Open and closed . I faced a similar problem with Nippon on 7 year old Zen but i have solved it (Nippon said to buy new remotes but i found the solution) Upload the pics and i will reply.
Old 3rd June 2010, 22:54   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
Please upload a pic of the remote .Open and closed . I faced a similar problem with Nippon on 7 year old Zen but i have solved it (Nippon said to buy new remotes but i found the solution) Upload the pics and i will reply.
Thanks for your time. The pics are below.
Attached Thumbnails
Remote locking system - Key fobs not working-img_0446.jpg  

Remote locking system - Key fobs not working-img_0449.jpg  

Old 4th June 2010, 00:30   #4
BHPian

take a multimeter and check the switch contacts that they work on pressing.
examine the PCB and see if you are able to locate any cuts on copper tracks, which could be a reason.

Did you ever played with the Blue turn-able thing ?(potentiometer) which can be seen in the pic between 2 upper buttons
If you tried it, you may have mis-tuned it and would need to match frequency and if altered already it would need precise tuning to set it back to work.
Old 4th June 2010, 17:57   #5
BANNED

Well @ghpk said if you have moved the potentiometer setting then it is somewhat tedious .I have a Nippon system in my Zen too but it is two button type and uses electronic code hopping there is no Potentiometer in it .
Now you can try to clean the terminals of the batter clips of PCB and give it a shot .Mine did not work even after this .I held the terminals with the battery in between with my figures and pressed it only then i was able to use the remote .So i got the terminals cleaned and soldered at a shop and i bent the terminals to create pressure on the battery points .You can also try inserting a piece if paper in between battery clips and the remote plastic body to create required pressure for same.
My remote has been working fine after i did this jugaad .Nippon was asking 780 Rs for one remote .I did it in 10 rs.Hope it helps .

Also you can try calling Nippon Delhi Helpline at 0113989820.They will be able to help you as my remote is the One of the first types and if i can get a new one they your's a newer version and should be available.
Attached Thumbnails
Remote locking system - Key fobs not working-dsc01270-small.jpg  

Remote locking system - Key fobs not working-dsc01274-small.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by Trust_In_Thrust : 4th June 2010 at 18:09.
Old 7th June 2010, 12:36   #6
BHPian

Thanks for the advice. I tried all kinds of things as advises - but nothing seems to work. I thought of getting a new RC unit, but the Nippon helpline number doesn't work.

Looks like I need to install a new Autocop system.

Thanks@ghpk and @Trust in Thrust (Like the name a lot) for your time on this.
Old 7th June 2010, 17:38   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukamath View Post
Thanks for the advice. I tried all kinds of things as advises - but nothing seems to work. I thought of getting a new RC unit, but the Nippon helpline number doesn't work.

Looks like I need to install a new Autocop system.

Thanks@ghpk and @Trust in Thrust (Like the name a lot) for your time on this.
Hi,

Since you have decided to go in for a new security system, I would advise you to go in for the Xenos Security Systems as theay are as it is trouble free but still come with a lifetiem warranty. I am using a Xenos system since the past 5 years now and have had absolutely no problems with it except that recently I had an issue with one of my remotes as the battery terminals had broken and needed to be soldered. But the Xenos guys instead changed the entire PCB and got it recoded to my security system and that too - free of cost!!!

Thats the advantage of installing a Xenos and the lifetime warranty.
Old 8th June 2010, 10:03   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Hi,

Since you have decided to go in for a new security system, I would advise you to go in for the Xenos Security Systems as theay are as it is trouble free but still come with a lifetiem warranty. I am using a Xenos system since the past 5 years now and have had absolutely no problems with it except that recently I had an issue with one of my remotes as the battery terminals had broken and needed to be soldered. But the Xenos guys instead changed the entire PCB and got it recoded to my security system and that too - free of cost!!!

Thats the advantage of installing a Xenos and the lifetime warranty.
Thanks Epic! That is useful info. I don't mind spending a few hundred more for the lifetime warranty. Will check with my local accessory store for this.
Old 9th June 2010, 22:29   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

AFAIK,Xenos was launched by Pricol approx 7 years back;good stuff,save for their audio equipment.
Old 11th August 2010, 14:25   #10
BHPian

Nippon helpline no please

Hi I too have the same remote for my alto lxi 04 (2 button) and tried cleaning contact red light lights up and all but no unlock ..pl give no helpline mumbai for new remote.
Old 20th August 2010, 20:50   #11
BHPian

Hi ukamath,

My Elantra has company-fitted system & RC unit is not working. Have you come across any technician/repair shop in Banglalore which can fix it?
Old 1st February 2016, 14:49   #12

re: Remote locking system - Key fobs not working

The two remotes of my car's central-locking-cum-alarm have stopped working. I called Autocop and they said that the unit is not made anymore and I have to purchase a new one. Car is Innova and alarm was installed by Toyota (after market). With the key I can unlock (CCW) and lock (CW) all 4 doors.

Flipkart has Autocop sc-4165 Car Security Alarm at Rs 3490 (34% off)

Paytm has the mke051 model for Rs 2248 after cashback

From the pictures, they appear to be the same though one is called car-security-alarm and the other car-safety-centeral-locking-system.

If I purchase online, how can I have it installed? Will Autocop install it for me? Or am I better off buying it from Autocop so that they can also do the install? I don't see a Autocop website where I can look at the available models and price.

Are there any other options that you can recommend? Thanks
Old 13th August 2017, 14:14   #13
Senior - BHPian

Honda City Zx Keyless entry not working

I have a 2008 Honda City Zx Gxi. About 3 years back, my remote locking stopped working. It was diagnosed to be Receiver - Keyless entry (38385-S5A-U01) at Capital Honda, Chennai. As I had shifted to Bangalore by the time the part arrived, it was couriered to me and I replaced it. All was working fine till about a month ago.
Now the remote locking has again stopped working. I have changed the battery in my key, tried the other key, etc. nothing seems work. I am able to program the keys, at the 4th turn key, press lock, sequence, the central locking sound is heard, but after stopping programming mode, keys stop working. I even removed the receiver unit but am not sure how to test it.
The service center guys told me to go for autocop or other aftermarket remote, but I want to maintain stock. The other option is to order the part assuming it be conked for Rs. 4000/-. I feel that since I am able to program, there is nothing wrong with the receiver unit.
Any experience or help will be much appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Remote locking system - Key fobs not working-sl300.jpg  

Old 17th August 2017, 20:21   #14
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda City Zx Keyless entry not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Any experience or help will be much appreciated.
Anybody?
I know that Keyless entry is a field not many would be familiar with.
If someone could guide me as to how to check if the receiver unit is working, That would be good enough.
Old 18th August 2017, 10:01   #15
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda City Zx Keyless entry not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Anybody?
I know that Keyless entry is a field not many would be familiar with.
Please don't say that. Your post must have remained unnoticed, that's all .

Can't help you solve the problem DIY way. But if you are interested, do get in touch with Salman @ 9740513395. I have availed of his service two years ago and he did a good job at a reasonable price. You can also look for trusted chaps in the Directory section or visit any of the accessory shops on JC road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks