Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2010, 20:48   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakvrao View Post
Never noticed anything like this in any AT that I have driven and am puzzled.

When I stop the car and keep my foot on the brake pedal, like at a traffic signal, there is a bit of vibration in the car, and almost a feeling that it has not engaged neutral. Almost like the car is trying to move forwards and the brakes are holding it back.

If I shift to N or P the vibration disappears.

The manual also say that it will shift to N if left in D mode, your foot is on the brake, and there is not forward movement of the car.

Any suggestions?
I never noticed this though in all my 3 automatics the civic,accord and cruze as soon as you take your foot off the brake pedal the cars start moving which I think explains that the tranny does not go into N mode automatically.
However I once drove a skoda laura from the showroom till home which my uncle bought and in that I noticed that after leaving the break I had to press the accelerator to get the car moving which was pretty irritating.
If the vibration is significant,irritating and very noticeable then I suggest you to go the service centre immediately.
I think as this is such a powerful diesel there is very little vibration felt in some parts of the cabin ( my inside rear view mirror has a very very slight vibration when the car is not moving)

Last edited by np23 : 1st July 2010 at 20:50.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks