Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2010, 23:54   #16
BANNED

@ ramsys

Yes you can get the parts from ukkadam, but i am sure the problem is oil seal leak, and you can get it replaces from an good workshop.

My lancer had same problem. then i got it repaired with anamallais, but anamallais give job to autozone. You can ask autozone, But you should need original power steering kit (which consists of 3-4 oil seals) and your rack may require an hard chrome, since it may have worn out by few microns.

But get an quote from other workshop too,
Old 10th July 2010, 16:24   #17
Senior - BHPian

Yes, going for autozone is the best solution: once i have given an Uno diesel with same leak issue and they replaced the seal(they took 4k for that, but still the job was so reliable).

Except that they will take weeks to fix it.
Old 11th August 2010, 22:05   #18
Senior - BHPian

After the suspension overhaul, timing belt change and a few mechanical works, the car is back. The power steering system is reported to be normal, and there is no power steering fluid leak/ drop in level now. Anyway i wish i convert it into a manual steering once i get the technical know how.
Old 11th August 2010, 23:16   #19
BHPian

Easy, you need the Steering box, idler pully and ACC belt from a non P/S 1.3 Ikon.

You cannot use the Power steering box as a manual box.

I did this to my Ikon some time ago, but fitted a new PS box before i sold the car.

I might be having the parts, PM if you want them. IIRC the cost was 5k for all items.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks