Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2010, 20:35   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Is this a MPFI Alto ??
Quote:
Originally Posted by guptavis View Post
I also have an Alto 2007 which sometimes jerks. How can i find out if its an MPFI or Carb ?
The Alto always had an MPFI engine(s) there was never a carb variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
open the plug caps. check if there is moisture inside them. blow with high pressure air.

Secondly also clean the spark plug and check the gap.
I think its more to do with moisture.

and yes one more thing, make sure there is no cut on the plug cap and the caps are tight so that water does not enter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
I have seen similar problem in many cars, mostly its due to moisture in caps, plus spark plugs that need gap adjustment. Moisture in caps is major reason if driven in very heavy rains.

It happens with many cars, I have seen Santro, Alto, even Getz 1.3 face this.
Along with this, clean air filter too.
I agree looks like a moisture issue, try to clean the Plug caps, if nothing works please get the issue diagnosed at the service center
Old 16th July 2010, 21:33   #17
Senior - BHPian

Happened to me when i drove my esteem in a rainy day, the car jerks and looses power, what you need to do is rev the engine at say 5-6K RPM and hold it for 15 minutes and then drive and see if the problem persists. Alto and car esteems have their plugs placed at a very weird location and water easily enters the plug holes.

Pramod
Old 17th July 2010, 11:14   #18
BHPian

I am pleased to report that the issue vanished as soon as I filled normal unleaded+ additive(System G?) (earlier Xtra premium). My regular pump attendant prescribed this on noticing the problem & now, only stable starts for me.

Try this & report back.
Old 18th July 2010, 18:53   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCause View Post
I am pleased to report that the issue vanished as soon as I filled normal unleaded+ additive(System G?) (earlier Xtra premium). My regular pump attendant prescribed this on noticing the problem & now, only stable starts for me.

Try this & report back.

As suggested earlier, use it for 2-3 tankfuls and then use only normal petrol. Then use every 10k Kms or if problem crops up earlier.
Old 18th July 2010, 20:25   #20
BHPian

Hello people,

just have to say tried System G in my Alto for the first time and was i overjoyed!
I think it may be psychological because somehow i felt a difference even while taking the car out of the petrol bunk! whatever it is cant act that fast, right?

PS: The pump guy put in G after he filled the petrol. On the bottle it says put G and THEN fill petrol. Is this going to make a difference?
Old 18th July 2010, 23:02   #21
Senior - BHPian

^^^
it should be put while filling the fuel so that it gets mixed properly. anyways it wont make so much differrence.
System G does not make any differrence in just few kms. you have to use it atleast 1 or 2 tank fulls.
Old 19th July 2010, 12:33   #22
BANNED

what should be the remedy for the fuel cut off.because the first service is due and the dealership workshop shall have to rectify the problem.
Old 29th July 2010, 09:26   #23
BHPian

engines

There might be also a chance of water entered in petrol tank due to the heavy rain.

But many are saying that they are facing the problem means,surely this will not be the case.But the jerks in the engines caused because the injection is not happening to the levels.

May be air lock also can be there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks