Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2011, 07:36   #16
BHPian

Re: Brake pedal too high, causing right leg pain

Firends, the discussion is interesting and I wanted to clarify one thing. What is the most ergonomic way of using right leg while driving? I get a feeling I am doing it the wrong way and I recently noticed getting right leg ankle pain while driving i10. I usually keep my hind foot planted on the the mat. To apply brake or accelerator, I rotate the leg around ankle. I do not lift my leg off the mat. Am I doing something wrong here?
Old 4th February 2011, 11:44   #17
BHPian

Re: Brake pedal too high, causing right leg pain

Your way of driving is more comfortable when
1. Knees are only slightly bent (less then 30 degree)
2. You can reach both the pedals and switch between them without flexing your ankle. You just need to swivel the heel.
3. Your foot is sufficiently long to reach the accelerator with your toes and after swiveling brake using the ball of your foot.
4. There is sufficient under-thigh support in your seats.

If your seating posture does not meet the above criteria it is painful.

P.S: I use it. :-)
DWind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2019, 01:22   #18

Left leg starts hurting - sciatic nerve in automatic

Hi folks,
Don't know what would be the right place to post this hence posting it here.
I recently bought a pre owned BMW GT 2014. The vehicle is in first class condition.
I have been driving manual transmissions from almost 18 years now, and suddenly have moved to an auto transmission.
Now problem is I have started experiencing my sciatic nerve pain from the hip to below my thigh above the knee in the left leg. Surprisingly, this leg is always on the dead pedal, so that shouldn't have pained. I did a lot of research on this and the only explanation is that since the right leg is doing most of the job, the torso is twisted putting pressure on the left side.

I've tried various seat positions but nothing seems to be helping. I'm really worried. I would like to know if there are other folks using automatic cars and are facing this kind of issue. Is there anything that you suggest or you did to solve this problem. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 30th March 2019 at 02:36. Reason: fixed spelling
spirits999 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed