Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2010, 10:27   #31
BHPian

Capt..hope you can now shout All Izz Well;-}

Few observations:

1. In this forum itself (particulalry on Linea threads, which I remember), some TASS fellows have been ordering the wrong part numbers and causing more delays. I am very skeptical after seeing the software they use for updating the job details and to the extent they rely on the same, ...Maybe it is a lesson for all of us to ensure when parts are ordered, as customers we need to double check the same and not rely on the SAs.

2. Taking the whole episode into perspective, it seems if the right part was ordered in the first place, this issue would have been resolved in 7-10 days time. I guess that's reasonable.
Old 26th August 2010, 11:54   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Good to know that 'all is well' now, Captain! I agree with your views that had Ford India taken the trouble of responding to you directly, there would not have been so much heartburn.
thats true vnabhi, Ford India is perhaps the most irresponsive companies of all. Seeling a car does not end your responsibility as a car maker. A car lasts long enough with the owner and so should the customer care too.
In India the After Sales Service and Support scene is too pathetic to speak of. Ford cant afford to take such chances in European or Amercian markets!! The cunsumers are king there. Here in India, we usually fool ourselves into believing that the companies are here for our good. They are just reaping the benefits of the Great Indian Economic Risning!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
Captain, check my thread in the Technical Stuff section.

And yes, tell us how are the brakes now.
Let me guess, they must be sensitive than before, isn't it?
Hey Abhi, i didnt feel any immediate difference in the brakes. Seems more or loss like they were before! I am yet to test them thouroughly on an open stretch of road. Ill post comments soon. The weather in Delhi hasnt been the best to drive cars around. I hate to see my baby all covered with mud and muck all the time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Great, capt. Good to know that you are returning back to the smiling face. BTW have you taken any snaps of the booster or its location in the engine bay, would have been useful for other Fiestians.

The service GM must have been referrring to the 4th year Extended warranty, you should have taken it or may be somthing which must have been on your wish list.

One request though, do put a mail to Ford regarding the job done. However frustrated you were with Ford service, it always helps to end the story with a smile.
I had taken a picture of the original booster alongwith the mismatched spare and posted on the 1st page of this thread. I couldnt take the picture of the engine bay area where its fitted coz of objection from the serivce staff.
But the brake booster goes right behind the tank which houses the brake fluid. Its a round cylinderical box tyoe part with a diaphragm inside. This connects directly to the brake pedal inside. It is located on the top right side of the engine bay area, if looking forward to aft.

I have already put a mail to Ford yesterday, thanking the GM service for his response. But as I said, Im yet to hear from Ford directly.

The 4th yr extended warranty I already have. So I told him that Ill look into the matter and talk to VP Sales.. actually I couldnt think of anything at that moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Capt..hope you can now shout All Izz Well;-}

Few observations:

1. In this forum itself (particulalry on Linea threads, which I remember), some TASS fellows have been ordering the wrong part numbers and causing more delays. I am very skeptical after seeing the software they use for updating the job details and to the extent they rely on the same, ...Maybe it is a lesson for all of us to ensure when parts are ordered, as customers we need to double check the same and not rely on the SAs.

2. Taking the whole episode into perspective, it seems if the right part was ordered in the first place, this issue would have been resolved in 7-10 days time. I guess that's reasonable.
thats true sanjay. Had the part been ordered correctly, the situation would have been different but to hear that Ford factory is out of stock of such a major spare is what kicked me off.
Old 26th August 2010, 12:20   #33
BHPian

Captain, when the service people told you that your car's brake booster is defective, what reason did they put forward. How could they be so sure that the brake booster is at fault?
What characteristic of braking was abnormal?
Old 26th August 2010, 12:24   #34
BHPian

Capt. Good to know that the issue is resolved.

I would say that the service centre did not follow the procedures properly at the first instance and that is the reason you reveived a wrong part. The manufaturer provides an access to the technical database to all dealers. The dealer is supposed to check the parts required for the repair/replacement using the VIN of the vehicle. I think they did not follow the same in this case and thus ordered a brake booster which might be commonly used/procured by them.

The requirement was not escalated by the dealer to Ford with required urgency. The supplier for brake systems to ford is Mando India Limited in TN. If it was escalated as an urgent requirement, Ford would have supplied the part from the production line stock and ordered additional stock for their production. This procedure is followed by most of the inetranational vehicle manufaturers as the priority is given for a vehicle which is already with the customer. This is done only if the requirement is escalated by the dealer to the proper level.
Old 26th August 2010, 12:41   #35
BHPian

Another question, is the ''creaking'' noise problem rectified?
Old 26th August 2010, 20:51   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Captain, when the service people told you that your car's brake booster is defective, what reason did they put forward. How could they be so sure that the brake booster is at fault?
What characteristic of braking was abnormal?
Abhi, when I had gone for the first service, I told the advisor that the brakes feel very soft and this has been the case from the delivery. He must have checked the fault and come to the conclusion that brake booster is defective.
In actual, he or the service GM wasnt able to technically describe the defect. What I read on the net was that the brake booster draws vaccum from the engine and gives the brakes the power. It has diaphragm and piston assembly as working parts. Usually its the diaphragm that fails. But not so soon, not in 2 months for a new car!!!
I had complained that there was hissing noise coming while braking and the brakes were lacking power. I could feel it when trying to brake hard, I had to really push a long way back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar.runs View Post
Capt. Good to know that the issue is resolved.

I would say that the service centre did not follow the procedures properly at the first instance and that is the reason you reveived a wrong part. The manufaturer provides an access to the technical database to all dealers. The dealer is supposed to check the parts required for the repair/replacement using the VIN of the vehicle. I think they did not follow the same in this case and thus ordered a brake booster which might be commonly used/procured by them.
the service centre followed the procedure. They even showed me the technical database for ordering the spare part. As per them when they input the VIN no. of the car, tha part no. that shows up is not the same as the one installed in the car. Now whether it is an inherent defect in Ford's databse or the dealer's, I can't say.

Quote:
Another question, is the ''creaking'' noise problem rectified?
The creaking problem is ok more or less. When I hold the brakes on a slight slope, while releasing it creaks. The service guy says its due to the water on the brake drum due to excessive rains in delhi. I had to drive thru water for a test run of the car after repairs.
Also while the car is idling/stopped, when I push the brakes, there is a hissing sound, which the advisor says is normal. Can you pls confirm this? Actually its getting hard for me to differentiate between the right sound, right braking power etc.. too confused at this moment!!!
Old 15th October 2011, 08:04   #37
BHPian

Re: Brake Booster Failure on a New Ford Fiesta 1.6S. Need help/info!

Hello Captain,

Any further problems encountered with brake booster?

Autocrat
Old 1st November 2011, 17:39   #38
BHPian

Re: Brake Booster Failure on a New Ford Fiesta 1.6S. Need help/info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
Hello Captain,

Any further problems encountered with brake booster?

Autocrat
Hi Autocrat, not anymore, but the brakes are still soft. I would like to know if other Fiesta owners face the same problem of soft braking.
capt_rocker is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed