Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2010, 23:24   #16
Senior - BHPian

i would say the cost of above job will be about 1500 max because its white.

metallic is bit expensive.
Old 30th November 2010, 23:59   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
i would say the cost of above job will be about 1500 max because its white.

metallic is bit expensive.
The white on the Swift's is metallic it is Pear Metallic Arctic White.
Old 1st December 2010, 20:42   #18
Senior - BHPian

I can't thank all of you enough for your responses that allowed me to pull through the last 2 days (read trauma), specially SST who posted his swift's pics to make me feel better.

I finally got the denting & painting job done at Kumar's today as I took the car there for regular servicing. The fender had to be dented at three places (the actual damaged area and 2 other places where it was bulging out). 1 of the clips of the bumper was broken but only from one end so they fixed it with Elfy. The fender was painted completely and bumper partially (right portion only) and it cost me 2200/-.

The job done was of exceptional quality and the paint matches 100% (minus the swirls ). Even for the bumper that was done partially I can't tell where they stopped spraying. They had a proper paint & body shop with heating chamber and everything, just that I never knew my service center had it all. I wanted to post pics but dusted the car and covered it before it had dew all over it (nights in Delhi these days).

As khoj mentioned the paint is indeed metallic, Pearl Metallic Arctic White, so maybe you all can share your thoughts on the price I paid for getting the fender painted completely and bumper partially.
Old 19th November 2013, 17:30   #19
BHPian

Re: Swift Fender & Bumper Damaged - Repair & Repaint

Had met with a similar accident with my new Alto 800 recently, wherein an Autorickshaw grazed the right fender, causing scratches, paint removal & paint exchange in the area around the wheel arch. Also, the bumper got pulled out of the car from the corner and one of its lock was broken as a result.

Went to this wonderful person, Makhdoom in Okhla. He proactively brought out his tools and started working. Firstly, he removed the screws to detach the fender lining as the lower portion of it is screwed to the bumper. After that, he placed back the bumper and fitted it back by ensuring that all the clips were locked properly and then the lining was fitted back and finally the screws tightened in such a way that the panel gap between the Headlight and the bumper was equal along its entire length and that the bumper got fit back snugly as it originally was. Then the area was applied with 3M Rubbing compound and rubbing alone removed most of the paint exchange marks and a few scratches, leaving behind only the portion where the paint had been removed, which was a very negligible area and therefore didn't find the need of any repainting on a new car.

I liked the thing that he worked with keeping hold of delicate details like panel gaps being uniform, and took a reasonable amount of time and finish the job with perfection. Also showed him a deliberate long scratch on the left side doors, which was made by some insensible being while the car was parked in the night. He immediately took up a fine sandpaper, sanded the scratch with it as it was a little more than superficial and then rubbed it by applying the rubbing compound. The process caused the scratch to blend with the paint and would no more be prone to any rust. The quality of work and the level of detail with which he worked are worth appreciating, all in all for a VFM sum of 100bucks. I was immensely impressed!

On enquiring, I came across that he specializes in Bumper Repair and also does denting & and has a rented shop, just opposite Lakozy Toyota, with all the equipments and bumpers arranged in a systematic space, with adequate space to work on Bumpers(plastic welding, etc) within the shop itself. And for major work, has adequate space outside the shop.
His name is Makhdoom, Shop No 53, Okhla Industrial Area, Ph-3. The shop lies just next to the tea shop next to Lakozy Toyota. He can be reached at +91 8800206897. Hope, this is of some help to fellow Bhpians looking for a similar job.
forester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 20:47   #20
BHPian

Thanks Forester for your post.
My wife's white swift had a minor accident and the front bumper got damaged along with the supporting metal tubes behind the bumper, fortunately there was no damage to the radiator grill or AC heat sink.
I called up Maruti Service Master Okhla and their bodywork's manager quoted that it will take at least 2-3 days if I paid from my pocket or 4-5 days if I claim insurance as it will require survey from the insurance company.A grounded car would have caused such inconvenience to us.
Like always I consulted Team BHP, and found your post mentioning Mr Makhdoom in Okhla , as I live in South Delhi, Okhla was near by so I called him on his mobile number given in your post +91 8800206897.
He immediately came over to my place and we drove over to his shop No 53, Okhla Industrial Area, Ph-3. next to Lakozy Toyota.
He had provision for all kinds of bumper works along with denting and painting of vehicles. All the repair work was done in a day and we were really saved from lot of hassles.
I must appreciate his eye for details, all panel gaps were adjusted accurately along with top notch paint work.The following work was done on the car, bumper was replaced, socket for the left head light was damaged which was repaired, front grill and engine hood was adjusted and aligned , metal frame on which the bumper is attached was straightened along with painting of the bumper plus adjustment of rear bumper which had become loose due to rear ending some times back. The job was completed to my satisfaction and within a day.
I would recommend Mr Makhdoom for various types of denting and painting work.
I am attaching some pictures to show how bad the torn bumper looked and how well the restoration work was done.
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Fender & Bumper Damaged - Repair & Repaint-image_08.png  

Attached Images

mustang 99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2014, 20:41   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang 99 View Post
Thanks Forester for your post.
My wife's white swift had a minor accident and the front bumper got damaged along with the supporting metal tubes behind the bumper, fortunately there was no damage to the radiator grill or AC heat sink.
Well, I am glad that it was of help to you. His skills are truly commendable.

The job looks neat for sure. I am still amazed that this was done in a day! Could you please elaborate whether the bumper was repaired or it was replaced with a new one?
Old 18th August 2014, 22:50   #22
BHPian

It was replaced but needed to be painted with exact same colour as the bonnet.
Old 18th August 2014, 23:29   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang 99 View Post
It was replaced but needed to be painted with exact same colour as the bonnet.
Okay, yeah it had taken a really bad hit. Yes, color matching is a strict pre-requisite when going in for such repairs. Great that the work has come out clean.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks