Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2011, 00:59   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Dealer quoting astronomical amount for technically correct IKON headlights!!.

Shouldnt the majority of this cost be covered by insurance? Or is this due to the fact that your policy doesnot mention 0pc depreciation on parts?
Old 9th January 2011, 12:55   #32
BANNED

Re: Dealer quoting astronomical amount for technically correct IKON headlights!!.

I think the ford headlights are manufactured by Bosch . The bosch is definitely bound to be costlier than the LUMAX
Old 10th January 2011, 15:01   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
As the wheel and its position looks intact, there is not much damage on the monocoque, Hence majority of the hit was on cosmetics of the car.

If it would have been done at my Mallu friends Garage. He would have wrapped it under 10k, seriously.

As bumper and bonnet was a doable job.
Well, SirAlec, my wheel did take a hit as seen in the pics. I wanted to make sure all the related mechanical parts are fine, and local workshop guys did not seem to be knowledgeable. Though I did consider going to Sai Colorium, Bangalore.

And, the bumper is 'torn' . Is that a doable job?. As the bumper alone cost me about 10,000.

Also, my AC pipes need to be cut while removing and reinstalling the fender, so.. more mechanical work.. made me go to the A.S.S.

Well, I just cant compromise reliability.
Dealer quoting astronomical amount for technically correct IKON headlights!!.-dsc01860.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Dhanush, this is a matter of insurance claim, if the surveyor was knowledgeable and knew the difference between the motorized HL and the non motorised one, he would have recommended the right one, now the garage cannot help you, go back to the insurance company and file a under surveyed claim.
Well, I still had an option of changing to motorized ones. but, as they wont be covered completely under insurance, and I had to give 50% (5,000) of the amount. I just didn't find it worth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Shouldnt the majority of this cost be covered by insurance? Or is this due to the fact that your policy doesnot mention 0pc depreciation on parts?
My car is a 2007 Model. That makes metal parts depreciation 25%. Glass depreciation is 0%, labour 0%, but then, as most of the parts changed were fiber, and the depreciation is 50%, it costed me more.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks