Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2005, 12:30   #31
BHPian

To mclaren1885 & viper: Thanks guys. the info which you'll provided is exactly what i need. now the only prob is i need to wait atleast till feb to get the resources i need for all the mods. :(.

godspeed.

alokdagr8 signing out.
Old 22nd December 2005, 12:32   #32
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
Thanks Mclaren,

I already know the breakup. I am from the trade. But like I said for everday use there is no need for any major changes. If the budget permits he can go the whole hog but the poor chap has a very low budget and by just plonking in the twin cam(rebuilt engine) he can get 114bhp straight away which is what he is loking at.

Viper
well i did see him mention somewhere in his posts that he intended to take this car on a drag strip if im not wrong..so based on that i gave my suggestions as just the engine swap would not do justice to him if at all he plans to enter the drag scene in the open class where the competition is fierce..if he wants to enter the drag scene then the better option would be go with the desi esteem engine and spend some dough on it..that way he would be competant enough to participate in the zen-esteem class..and the cost would be nearly the same as the twin cam engine swap(un modified)..
Old 22nd December 2005, 12:39   #33
BANNED

Hey Mclaren,

I agree with you and that is exactly what I suggested as well in first reply.

Viper
Old 22nd December 2005, 12:53   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
Thanks Mclaren,

I already know the breakup. I am from the trade. But like I said for everday use there is no need for any major changes. If the budget permits he can go the whole hog but the poor chap has a very low budget and by just plonking in the twin cam(rebuilt engine) he can get 114bhp straight away which is what he is loking at.

Viper
to viper: dude, you had said that an mpfi esteem engine with all the works would give me 90-95 bhp max. and as in the above msg to mclaren u said that i would be getting 114bhp....im confused!
Old 22nd December 2005, 13:28   #35
BHPian

To mclaren & viper: hey guys, thanks for all your info. it's been really helpful. but mabe i should clarify myself better.
lol...the info iv gotten in the past few days has been so overwhelming that im really confused.
The thing is i would be using my car only occasionally for dragging, so basically il be using it for street racing more. And 1.5 to 2 lakhs is WAY over my budget! the budget i am looking at is between 50-60, or 70 MAX.
Now keeping in mind both the mpfi and the carb esteem engines (i know the prices of both):

1. will the twin webbers come in my budget?

2. if i use twin webbers does it mean i need not add a free flow and a intake filter?!

3. other than this, for my specifications, what other works would i have to do on my car as a whole, for example, the gearbox, suspension, brakes, flywheel, cams, etc.

Please give me this info in detail.

Godspeed.

alokdagr8 signing out.
Old 22nd December 2005, 14:43   #36
BANNED

Hey Ghost,

I suggest you read carefully. This is what I said "by just plonking in the twin cam(rebuilt engine) he can get 114bhp straight away".

1> A used matched set should cost you approx 25-30k.
2> You do need a free flow. You will need a different type of filter to use with the Webbers.
3> There is lots you need to do but you dont have the budget for any of them.

I suggest you first start by putting in the engine and then arrange some funds and then start worrying about the rest.

Viper
Old 22nd December 2005, 15:15   #37
BHPian

To viper: thanks a lot man. i guess thats what i will start doing. keep you posted.

godspeed.

alokdagr8 signing out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks