Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2011, 19:02   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Motors Spare Parts Pricelist

The Picture of the "Lug" which I wanted to ask you is as below--

Blue 16-14 AWG .187 Female Disconnects | 28-6011 (286011) | Distributed By MCM

If I fit buy the Lug (from Local Market) such that it can bear the 15A Current (the Fuses in the Fuse & Relay Box are of 15A Rating) and small enough so that it does not touch the adjacent lugs, how long will the solution last (as per your assumption)?

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 22nd October 2011 at 19:06.
Old 23rd October 2011, 00:03   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

1. You will have to get specifications of the particular unit you want to buy. I am not sure you will get it.

2. Even if you do get it, you will not be able ot use it directly into the fuse/relay box. That's the reason I would try the other connector I had referred to.

What you can explore is using a series of 2 pin-connectors instead (check either #28-6060 or #28-6062) (one for top pin, one for bottom pin).

(looks like this will become messy)
Old 23rd October 2011, 08:40   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

@IndigoXL, the root cause of this problem is possibly in the material used for the connectors. They seem to heat up when current flows through them, and hence damage the wires.

There are reasons why I suspect the material of the connectors in the fuse-relay box. One - the problem does not happen anywhere else in the car. Two, the problem is not with the wires. If it was with the wires, then it could have again happened anywhere in the car.

If this is correct, then using the lug will not help completely because the other end of the connector is still the original one. (Heat generated will reduce, but not be elimated completely)

What I suggest is:
1. use Anderson power connectors.
Anderson Power Products Powerpole Modular Connectors | 113854G1 | Anderson Power Products

These are rated 30A, 600V. But you will have to use a series of connectors in a matrix, with proper labelling of the wires.

2. Use the 2-pin connectors like this:
2 Conductor 16-22 AWG Solderless Connectors | 28-2175 (282175) | Distributed By MCM

The fuse/relay box has series of connectors one at the top, and one below. You can use the required number of these connectors in parallel. Tie up the entire bundle of connectors after that.

Tata Motors Spare Parts Pricelist-282175inabunch.jpg
(red line is to show that these are tied up in a bunch)
Old 25th October 2011, 22:25   #19
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Condor for suggesting so many solutions.

Today I asked our Dad's friend who is a D.E.E about this problem and showed the burnt connector to him. I asked him whether I can get the "Lug" which can tolerate 16A Current yet should be small so that any two of the lugs not touch each other.
He said that no lug that will be able to tolerate 16A current yet be of such small size is available.

He took me to his regular Electrician (who does the electrical-related jobs in cars/bikes).
The Electrician told me to fit an Electronic Relay to that connector so that the Current Flow will not be more to melt the plastic connector.

I told him that I had fitted a Relay to our another Indigo (Indigo LS IDI May 2004) and the Relay got short circuit because water entered due to rust and corrosion.
He told me that Electronic Relay is unlike ordinary one and will not give any problem (soon).
The cost of the Electronic Relay is @Rs.450/- and his Labour Rs.200/- and it will take @2hours to complete the job.

Lets see what happens.

Condor, I will keep you informed on this front.

I am very thankful to you for your help.

As for Rear AC Switch Assembly, I will PM you tomorrow.

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 25th October 2011 at 22:30. Reason: Added some lines.
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2012, 16:51   #20

Hi,

Have you finally solved the issue and mind sharing the results of the relay introduction exercise?

I am having a 2006 Turbo DLG Indica and am having a similar problem wherein the plastic coupler (I think you have called it the lug) has started melting leading to unreliable functioning of most electrical systems such as headlights, horn, central locking, internal lights and air conditioning. Few days back I was left without all this on the Delhi Jaipur NH8 for intermittent periods of time.

Solution suggested and done as well was very crude removal of 2 wires which had melt (out of 4 in the connector) and a simple twist wrapped up in tape.

I tried at many shops and could not source the part and have also been told that harness needs to be changed. Wondering if the relay solution could solve the issue permanently.

cheers
apm

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
Thanks Condor for suggesting so many solutions.

Today I asked our Dad's friend who is a D.E.E about this problem and showed the burnt connector to him. I asked him whether I can get the "Lug" which can tolerate 16A Current yet should be small so that any two of the lugs not touch each other.
He said that no lug that will be able to tolerate 16A current yet be of such small size is available.

He took me to his regular Electrician (who does the electrical-related jobs in cars/bikes).
The Electrician told me to fit an Electronic Relay to that connector so that the Current Flow will not be more to melt the plastic connector.

I told him that I had fitted a Relay to our another Indigo (Indigo LS IDI May 2004) and the Relay got short circuit because water entered due to rust and corrosion.
He told me that Electronic Relay is unlike ordinary one and will not give any problem (soon).
The cost of the Electronic Relay is @Rs.450/- and his Labour Rs.200/- and it will take @2hours to complete the job.

Lets see what happens.

Condor, I will keep you informed on this front.

I am very thankful to you for your help.

As for Rear AC Switch Assembly, I will PM you tomorrow.
Old 15th September 2012, 18:46   #21
Senior - BHPian

Can you please post a photo of the connector?

Have you upgraded the Head light Bulbs to >60/55W?

Our Indigo XL runs on OEM 55W H1 and H7 Bulbs. But still the connector in BCM under Bonnet got melted due to loose connection (My Fault) last year (Oct 2011).

The Connector had been fitted using M-Seal last year.

But the Mechanic in Achal Automobiles Pvt Ltd., Solapur (TASC) tried to remove the connector (for what reason he knows) and broke it. Due to this, the car would die whenever the connector was shaken. The car was given for Overheating Issue. That TASC billed me for Rs. 54K+. I will post that in the relevant section shortly.
Old 25th May 2013, 13:30   #22
Senior - BHPian

Right Rear Shock Absorber urgently needed for Tata Indigo XL Grand Dicor.

I bought Rear Left Shock Absorber for our Indigo XL Grand Dicor from Pandit Automotive Satara Road, Pune last month. Since they did not have Right One, I simply bought LH and have kept in our home. Now the Rear Tyres are showing some brushed effects on the outer edge around the circumference of the tyre. I guess the time has come to replace both Rear SAs.

I want Rear Right Shock Absorber urgently.
I have asked at Pandit Automotive's Tilak Road, Sahakar Nagar, Satara Road, Pimpri Branches but in vain.

Could anyone please help me?
I am attaching the picture of LH Rear SA for your reference.
The Part Number for RH Rear SA is 287332400106 as against 287332400107 for LH.
The Monroe Part No. is 205056A for LH Rear SA. I don't know the Monroe Part No. for RH Rear SA.

Tata Motors Spare Parts Pricelist-box-pack.jpg

Tata Motors Spare Parts Pricelist-part-no.-price-sticker.jpg

Tata Motors Spare Parts Pricelist-lh-shock-absorber.jpg

Tata Motors Spare Parts Pricelist-sticker-lh-shock-absorber.jpg

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 25th May 2013 at 13:31.
Old 25th May 2013, 14:14   #23
Senior - BHPian

Crossed the 30 mins. Edit Time Frame.

What is the website for Monroe India?

Mods please merge this with above.
Thanks.
Old 25th May 2013, 19:18   #24
BHPian

@IndigoXLGrandDi

Did you get a 4 wheel alignment ? If yes, what was the reading for the rear ?

I have used Struts made by Gabriel and they have lasted much more than the Monroe. (Personal experience)

You can also purchase the inner damper and the top mount separately without the spring, in-case you are unable to find the complete strut assembly.
Old 28th May 2013, 09:19   #25
Senior - BHPian

Indigo XL Dicor LWB Rear Shock Absorbers replacment.

My bad, I used "Tyres got Brushed" instead of Tyres developed Cracks on Tread.

The pictures are as below--
1) Rear Left Photo 1-
Tata Motors Spare Parts Pricelist-rl1.jpg

2) Rear Left Photo 2-
Tata Motors Spare Parts Pricelist-rl2.jpg

3) Rear Right Photo 1-
Tata Motors Spare Parts Pricelist-rr1.jpg

4) Rear Right Photo 2-
Tata Motors Spare Parts Pricelist-rr2.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by interc00led
Did you get a 4 wheel alignment ? If yes, what was the reading for the rear ?
No I did not check out Alignment recently because I thought as the car is facing Rear SAs problem, alignment to be done after replacing SAs. Last checked was around 4-5Kkms ago.
Today I will show the car to 2 local garages and take their opinion on this. If they confirm that it is alignment problem, then I will check the Alignment first.
Quote:
I have used Struts made by Gabriel and they have lasted much more than the Monroe. (Personal experience)
Since I have got Rear Left SA of Monroe with me, I will have to go for Monroe for Rear Right too.
Quote:
You can also purchase the inner damper and the top mount separately without the spring, in-case you are unable to find the complete strut assembly.
I don't know whether the inner damper is separately available for Indigo XL Dicor LWB or not. By Top Mount, do you mean the Strut Kit? If yes, the 2 garages that I mentioned above have advised me against it (Strut Kit) as it will not last long.

Mods, if we are going Off-Topic, please move the above to below thread--
Shock Absorber Failure Thread

The following text should be in My Experience with Tata Motors Dealers/ASC thread as well. I am posting this here too since it is related to Tata Motors Spare Parts--
1) On Saturday 25-5-13, I called Hundekari Motors, Ahmednagar and suggested the Spare Parts Manager Mr. Dilip (don't remember surname) to send the Rear Right SA for Indigo XL by ST-Parcel on Monday. I requested him to email me the Bank details of Hundekari Motors so that I can deposit Cash against the payment of SA. As it was quarter to six in evening, he promised me to email the Bank details on Monday 27-5-13 at 10 am.
Yesterday when I checked the email at 11 am, he had not sent the Bank details yet. So I called and reminded him to email the bank details or at least sms me the Bank details so that I can deposit the payment immediately and the SA can be dispatched immediately by ST-Parcel.
But till the time of posting this, I have not received any email from Mr. Dilip of Hundekari Motors, Ahmednagar.

2) Yesterday I had gone to Karad for some office work. At @4 pm I called to TASC NP Motors on Karad-Kolhapur Road and asked if they had Indigo XL Dicor LWB Rear Right SA to which the Spares Parts Person (SPP) replied that they had it but fitted to another car just before I called and a new one would be available on Wednesday 29-5-13. Then I asked them if it is possible for them to send the Shock Absorber to Solapur by ST-Parcel if I made Cash Payment yesterday (27-5-13) to which the SPP replied they don't do Counter-Sale. I told him that Pandit Automotive, Pune and likes do Sale the Parts over Counter to which the SPP replied They (Pandit Auto, Pune) are Dealers and can perform Counter-Sale but as NP Motors, Karad is TASC, they don't have rights to do Counter-Sale and I have to get the SA fitted from them (NP Motors) only.

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 28th May 2013 at 09:23.
Old 28th May 2013, 12:55   #26
BHPian

Re: Indigo XL Dicor LWB Rear Shock Absorbers replacment.

Quote:
My bad, I used "Tyres got Brushed" instead of Tyres developed Cracks on Tread.

No I did not check out Alignment recently because I thought as the car is facing Rear SAs problem, alignment to be done after replacing SAs. Last checked was around 4-5Kkms ago.
Today I will show the car to 2 local garages and take their opinion on this. If they confirm that it is alignment problem, then I will check the Alignment first.
Rear wheel can hardly be adjusted. The only purpose of getting the alignment is to get the before and after values.

Most of the alignment shops do not charge extra for getting the alignment re-checked on the same day.So just before replacing the SA get the alignment, after replacing the SA drive straight to the alignment shop and ask them to
give a printout of the new reading.(Tell them before hand that you have some issue with the rear wheel and that you need before and after readings)

Quote:
I don't know whether the inner damper is separately available for Indigo XL Dicor LWB or not. By Top Mount, do you mean the Strut Kit? If yes, the 2 garages that I mentioned above have advised me against it (Strut Kit) as it will not last long.
By top mount I don't mean strut kit. Strut assembly consists of 1.Inner damper 2.Spring 3. Cushion and rubber boot 4. Top mount.

Most mechanics don't prefer to take the hassle of just replacing the inner damper because the spring needs to be compressed before the top mount & damper is removed.

My mechanic charges Rs.200/- to replace the damper.
Old 31st January 2014, 10:11   #27

Does anyone know how much does the engine cradle in the TATA Nano costs ?
Old 31st January 2014, 10:57   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Hande View Post
Does anyone know how much does the engine cradle in the TATA Nano costs ?
About Rs. 5k a year ago. It probably costs a bit more now. Btw, it's called by TML "engine subframe hydroformed" or something like that.
Motard_Blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2014, 19:20   #29
Senior - BHPian

Are Brake Caliper Pins of Indigo and Indica identical or different?

Are the Brake Caliper Pins identical or different in case of Indica and Indigo?
There was noise coming from front end while the car travels over rough roads.
I have replaced the Caliper Pins of Indigo Dicor with that of Indica's since the previous ones fitted were of same length. But still that noise persists. I don't know whether last time smaller pins were fitted or Indigo comes with the caliper pins identical to Indica's as OE.

The Brake Assembly is of TVS Girling Make.

Please help in this matter.
Old 9th April 2014, 22:09   #30
BHPian

Re: Are Brake Caliper Pins of Indigo and Indica identical or different?

Quote:
There was noise coming from front end while the car travels over rough roads.
I have replaced the Caliper Pins of Indigo Dicor with that of Indica's since the previous ones fitted were of same length. But still that noise persists.
Please help in this matter.
Check the lower-arm ball joints.

Raise the vehicle on a jack, hold the wheel in 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock position and check for any play in lower ball joint.

Repeat the procedure on 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock to check for play in tie-rods.

Hold the caliper and try to wiggle it. There should be almost zero play.
interc00led is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks