Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2011, 04:39   #1
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors Spare Parts Pricelist

Don't ask me how I got this, or for any further data ( Lets just say I stumbled onto this) . The prices are a little less ( minus VAT?) than what you would be charged. The list contains the Part #, description, price, and category info.

Enjoy
Attached Files
File Type: xls spares.xls (924.5 KB, 56755 views)
greenhorn is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th February 2011, 09:46   #2

Re: Tata Motors Spare Parts Pricelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Don't ask me how I got this, or for any further data ( Lets just say I stumbled onto this) . The prices are a little less ( minus VAT?) than what you would be charged. The list contains the Part #, description, price, and category info.

Enjoy
Good Info !! If you have got these rates from the Dealer, then it must be less their margin and VAT
Old 4th February 2011, 10:52   #3
BHPian

Hi,

Do you know if the recon engine is available in trivandrum?
Old 4th February 2011, 21:03   #4
BHPian

coool! but almost all the fiat spares are sans pricing :( . good info anyways, can help with spare part dealers
Old 4th February 2011, 21:17   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Recon engine availability

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanth View Post
Do you know if the recon engine is available in trivandrum?
You should be able to get it from any T.A.S.S if you place the order.
Old 4th February 2011, 21:20   #6
Senior - BHPian

Whoa, thats one exhaustive list! perhaps we can use it as a base to negotiate with the dealers over spares
Old 10th October 2011, 20:11   #7
Senior - BHPian

I am facing Difficulty in sourcing Spare Parts for Tata Indigo XL Grand DiCOR.

I have enquired at Local Dealer and A.S.S but in vain.
Even Pandi Auto Tilak Rd, Pune does not parts in stock.

Can someone please help me in sourcing the required parts for our Indigo XL?
Old 11th October 2011, 07:17   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

@IndigoXLG-Di, it will help if you mention which parts you are looking for.
Old 16th October 2011, 01:13   #9
BHPian

Hi all,

Can anyone explain how to sieve through this excellent spare part catalogue to find the relevant parts?
I am looking for complete suspension (shockers all around, bush kit etc), fuel pump and steering components for Indigo Marina petrol.

Can anyone confirm if the shockers are same as Indigo diesel? (Front & Rear). Were they different for petrol & diesel models of Indigo and Marina?

Cheers

Vishwas
Old 17th October 2011, 17:03   #10
Senior - BHPian

@Condor..
I want the following parts--

1) The Rear AC Switch Assembly- The Rear AC is not turning ON.
Tata Motors Spare Parts Pricelist-dsc01575.jpg

2) The Temperature Control Cable- Which is used to change the AC Cabin Temperature.
Tata Motors Spare Parts Pricelist-dsc01576.jpg

3) The Fuse & Relay Box (which sits next to the Windscreen Wiper Motor under the Bonnet behind the Car Battery) Connector as shown in below diagram--
Tata Motors Spare Parts Pricelist-dsc01568.jpg
Tata Motors Spare Parts Pricelist-dsc01569.jpg
Tata Motors Spare Parts Pricelist-dsc01572.jpg
Tata Motors Spare Parts Pricelist-dsc01573.jpg
Tata Motors Spare Parts Pricelist-dsc01574.jpg
As can be seen from above pics that the Middle Connector (which for Low Beam Headlight Bulbs and Fog Light Bulbs) of Total 3 Connectors has burnt and hence now the Headlight Low Beam (both bulbs) is not Turning ON. Only the High Beam Bulbs can be used. To Turn ON the Low Beam Bulbs again, I have to press the Middle Connector Firmly. Then the Low Beam Bulbs Turn ON temporarily but when the Connector get loose (while going over not so smooth roads and speed breakers) and the Low Beam again Turns OFF.
The Fuse & Relay Box (Complete) is Rs.2830/-. But I want to do something about the Connector which fits in the Middle Slot of the Fuse & Relay Box since it got burnt halfway.
I am willing to change the Fuse & Relay Box but cannot leave the Connector like this.
How to source the Connector from T.A.S.S or T.A.M.D?
Can anyone please tell me why this connector got burnt suddenly. I did not change or add any wiring.

I wanted the following but currently not--
1) The Front and Rear Shock Absorbers- If the Shock Absorbers are different than Normal Indigo.
I have fitted the Front Ones around 10-12KKms ago and Rear Ones around 2KKms from after market. So currently don't wish to change them.

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 17th October 2011 at 17:14. Reason: Changed the Sequence of points.
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2011, 20:10   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
IndigoXLGrandDi : 1) The Rear AC Switch Assembly- The Rear AC is not turning ON.
This is actually made of 2-3 parts. The switch on the left & the dispay is one part. The outer panel & lighter socket may be two parts or one unit, I am not sure. The switch & (display) panel are fitted from inside. Cost is approx 800/-. Part available at Prerana Motors here.

Quote:
IndigoXLGrandDi : 2) The Temperature Control Cable-
Each cable costs approx 100/-. You will need to specify the color of the cable (each of those control knobs has a diff color cable.

Quote:
IndigoXLGrandDi : 3) The Fuse & Relay Box
Approx 2800/-.

Attachment 828532

Quote:
IndigoXLGrandDi : .. the Middle Connector (which for Low Beam Headlight Bulbs and Fog Light Bulbs) of Total 3 Connectors has burnt and hence now the Headlight Low Beam (both bulbs) is not Turning ON. Only the High Beam Bulbs can be used. To Turn ON the Low Beam Bulbs again, I have to press the Middle Connector Firmly. Then the Low Beam Bulbs Turn ON temporarily but when the Connector get loose
. The problem is much bigger than that, and is typical of the early batch of Indigo/Indica Dicor's. The design of that part is bad, and has been changed completely in the subsequent Dicors.

Quote:
IndigoXLGrandDi : How to source the Connector from T.A.S.S or T.A.M.D?

Can anyone please tell me why this connector got burnt suddenly.
It's a design flaw. The heat due to the head-lamp current causes this melting. (as told by mechanic to me today). In your case, your head lamps are affected. In other cars, the ignition itself is affected.

You can get the fuse & relay box, but the connector you cannot. To replace that connector, you will need to replace the wiring harness itself. Cost of harness: 12k. (approx).

Due to the nature of the problem, the melting will happen again in due course of time, even if you replace the harness itself. The wires near the connector typically melt in a bunch, and this problem is seen in many older Dicors.

Now, coming to the parts itself, TML will deliver the parts to the dealer in 3 working days. If there is a delay, this gets internally escalated. So sourcing most of the parts is not a problem. But the problem of melting of connects is a big issue that you have on your hands.

One remote possibility for the connector is the gujri.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2011, 08:44   #12
mgh
BHPian

Rule of thumb for A/C parts- if you can't get from company workshop, go to a local car A/C workshop. They will either locate original working spares, or get you alternate spares that will work.
Had to do that ultimately for my earlier Indica DLX, as company workshop was unable to get the spares. Main problem was fan speed selector switch. They did not get me a new one, they repaired it!
Old 20th October 2011, 18:32   #13
Senior - BHPian

@Condor..
1) I agree that the AC Switch and Display is one part and I want the Part as marked by me i.e. Complete AC Switch Assembly (Left Switch and Display but not the Wood Surrounds or Vents, etc). Also the cost you mentioned is correct. When enquired at Pandit Automotives (TAMD), Pune, they told the cost as Rs.850/-.
But they dont have this in stock.

2) The cable I want has White Colour "Lock" behind the AC Temp. Knob. The cost of cable at Pandit Automotives is Rs.43/-.
But since the car is in Solapur, the Store-Keeper told to source the cable from any Aftermarket Shop in Solapur so that it can be checked there and there only whether it will fit or not.

3) Now this has become a Very Serious Issue.

The Price you mentioned for the Fuse & Relay Box is same at Pandit Automotive too (Rs.2800/-).
But since the Connector is burnt, I want solution on the same (connector).

As you suggested for Replacement of Wiring Harness, I have following doubts--
A) After Replacement of Wiring Harness, will the Connector again burn?

B) If the answer to above question is "Yes", what if the Wiring Harness and the Fuse & Relay Box are replaced at the same time? I agree that the cost will be Rs.15,000/-, but will the problem be buried of life long?

What if I buy and fit identical "Lugs" in the Connector with New Ones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor
"It's a design flaw. The heat due to the head-lamp current causes this melting. (as told by mechanic to me today). In your case, your head lamps are affected. In other cars, the ignition itself is affected.
Please tell more on how to identify whether it is problem with Ignition.
I have a problem with Car's OEM Nippon DVD Player-cum-FM Radio. The ICE Does Not Turn ON Most Often. If I am Lucky, the ICE Turns ON.

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 20th October 2011 at 18:47. Reason: Added last few sentences.
Old 20th October 2011, 21:30   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

@IndigoXLGrandDi

Part 1 is available ready here
Part 2 - did not check price list. But if Pandit quoted that much, it will be same here too (possibly)

#3. You can replace the harness, but from the inputs I got, it will not last for ever. That's why TML changed the design. Your option is to search to for alternate connectors (jugaad).

What do you mean when you say "lugs" ? How can you fit identical lugs ? The connector head that will fit into the fuse/relay box is what is not available separately.

Worst case: replace the harness, & sell the car.

Quote:
Please tell more on how to identify whether it is problem with Ignition.
In your case, the wires for the lamps have melted, hence lighting is affected. For other cars, the wires related to the ignition have melted & they are facing starting problems.

One possibility is that the HU is not working due to the same connector.

If you want the parts from here, I will need vehicle regn num or chassis number.

Last edited by condor : 20th October 2011 at 21:32.
Old 22nd October 2011, 06:55   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

@IndigoXLGrandDi, an alternate approach is to use something like this - IF it works safely:

Waldom Electronics Multi-Circuit Solderless Connectors - Pin Layout 3x5 | 1625-15PRT (162515PRT) | Waldom Electronics

You will need to check for current capacity etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Another option is single connectors like this:
Red Male Opaque Bullet Connectors | MPFNY1-156 (MPFNY1156) | Distributed By MCM
Red Female Opaque Bullet Connectors | FRFNY1-156 (FRFNY1156) | Distributed By MCM

But this connector has one drawback: the connectors are available as single pieces (male & female separately). So you have to be careful in matching respective wires. Also, color coding may be difficult. And you will still have to ensure that the connector can handle the current that the wires will be carrying.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 22nd October 2011 at 08:29.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks