Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2017, 19:17   #586
BHPian

Re: Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?

I got RogerAb installed yesterday from Ashoka Dealers hyderabad in Bolt Diesel Top end.
The ride definitely became zippy and nice handling feeling. I purposely went through all the bad roads in city and Iam surprised , it takes nasty roads really well , nullifying them to great extent and I got a big smile on my face.
With 15 inch alloy wheel it has got 173mm ground clearance and with addition of Roger, I clearly feel height has increased more. Not sure if this is pychological feeling , steering feels more smooth, I think Iam enjoying the drive very much

Last edited by Rama Naveen : 10th December 2017 at 19:25.
Old 10th December 2017, 22:41   #587
BHPian

Re: Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOKSIN View Post
Can I please have the address of Mr Hemang Shah in Pune
His numbers are 9822272723 & 9225500831. Hope this helps.
Old 7th January 2018, 22:18   #588
BHPian

Guys, would this be useful in Ciaz ZDI ? Would I expect an increase in ground clearance ?
Old 7th January 2018, 22:21   #589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Guys, would this be useful in Ciaz ZDI ? Would I expect an increase in ground clearance ?
The rear won't scrape with load. I have them in our ZXi.
Old 7th January 2018, 22:28   #590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
The rear won't scrape with load. I have them in our ZXi.
Perfect.

All I am looking for is to prevent highlighted section in red ! Its with boot fully loaded with couple of adults.

I hope no issues with warranty as well ?

Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?-1.jpg
Old 8th January 2018, 10:16   #591
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Perfect.

All I am looking for is to prevent highlighted section in red ! Its with boot fully loaded with couple of adults.

I hope no issues with warranty as well ?

Attachment 1713723
Exactly. That would be taken care of. Warranty am not sure, if you feel that you may have to exercise warranty for any of ur rear suspension components you can still remove the part and then head to MASS. Would take 10 mins to remove the part.
Old 8th January 2018, 10:21   #592
BHPian

What about tyre wear? Does this cause any abnormal tyre wear? Can somebody who has this for 3-4 years comment on this?

Thanks,

Pradeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Exactly. That would be taken care of. Warranty am not sure, if you feel that you may have to exercise warranty for any of ur rear suspension components you can still remove the part and then head to MASS. Would take 10 mins to remove the part.
Old 9th January 2018, 20:23   #593
BHPian

I can see two brands being discussed here -
http://www.rutugas.com/transparent-c...on-buffer.html
and
Rogerab.

Any difference in both?
which one to choose ?
Old 27th March 2018, 14:48   #594
Distinguished - BHPian

Let me try bumping this thread here with a doubt.

Does using urethane car suspension cushions like the Rogerabs cause any of the following-
1) Damage to the car's suspension, since a portion of it is seldom used (i.e., the portion on the top of the buffer) and the other portion takes all the hammering from the road all the time.
2) Rejection of insurance claims, if ever (God forbid) there's an accident.
Old 27th March 2018, 22:15   #595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
Let me try bumping this thread here with a doubt.

Does using urethane car suspension cushions like the Rogerabs cause any of the following-
1) Damage to the car's suspension, since a portion of it is seldom used (i.e., the portion on the top of the buffer) and the other portion takes all the hammering from the road all the time.
2) Rejection of insurance claims, if ever (God forbid) there's an accident.
I am glad someone brought this up. It has been a long time since I wrote about that, in this thread.

With usage of such products, coil springs can get bent over time, precisely for the reason you mentioned. This seems to have happened a lot, internationally.

This can also cause accidents, as coil springs can eventually shoot right out, resulting in a possibly deadly situation.
halfbytecode is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2018, 11:38   #596
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfbytecode View Post
I am glad someone brought this up. It has been a long time since I wrote about that, in this thread.

With usage of such products, coil springs can get bent over time, precisely for the reason you mentioned. This seems to have happened a lot, internationally.

This can also cause accidents, as coil springs can eventually shoot right out, resulting in a possibly deadly situation.
I did notice the same query raised by you in this thread a couple of pages earlier. This thought however, was seeded in me by a random YouTube commenter from India. He raised this concern on one of Rogerab's publicity videos. Was it you, by any chance, on YouTube?
Old 29th March 2018, 01:59   #597
BHPian

Quote:
I did notice the same query raised by you in this thread a couple of pages earlier. This thought however, was seeded in me by a random YouTube commenter from India. He raised this concern on one of Rogerab's publicity videos. Was it you, by any chance, on YouTube?
I don't recall seeing any Rogerab video, or commenting on it. It was not me, I would say.
Old 29th March 2018, 07:31   #598
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
1) Damage to the car's suspension, since a portion of it is seldom used (i.e., the portion on the top of the buffer)
Only the part of the spring that is supported by the adjuster will not be used. Rest of it will still work, but more like two smaller, separate springs. IMO the point of the spring where the adjuster starts / ends will be more stressed since the change in support is abrupt, unlike the original ends where it is at an angle.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2018, 06:36   #599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfbytecode View Post

Can someone please provide more details - someone who has been using this for a long time? GTO or someone who used rogerabs long back ??

I was about to order these for Ciaz - but comments like springs shooting out scares the hell out of me!! Any proof of spring shooting out caused by spacers ?
Old 30th April 2018, 12:03   #600

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I have a PU spacer in my Civic (rear only). Works, very well. We have had it for five plus years.
Since this is PU material from a local vendor, I presume it is much cheaper than Rs 6500 as quoted by the accessories guy.
Can you please help me with the PU material name that you fitted? Also, if you could please post a picture, that will be really great. Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks